“Desparately needs proper refurbishment” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Miami International Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 South Royal Poinciana Boulevard, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“Desparately needs proper refurbishment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Airport hotels suffer from more wear and tear than other hotels because they are very busy and nobody stays more than one night. The solution here is to regularly apply a new coat of paint. Our room was 'newly refurbished' which meant that the bathroom door had so many coats of paint on it that it would not close. The paint on the door hinges was thicker than the actual hinges but the carpet was old and getting very shabby. Further down the corridor, the painters were still working. The bar and restaurant on the top floor were clearly once smart, but they now have a shabby feel. We can just about say that our night was acceptable, but this hotel does not meet the standards that we normally expect from a .Holiday Inn. It is in desperate need of proper refurbishment rather than yet another coat of paint

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Mike-Bucks,

Thank you for taking the time to review the property. The management team is looking into the bathroom door that presented an issue, my sincere apology. The hotel is in the process of completing a full renovation this includes new tile, carpet, wall decor, curtain & draperies, furniture, televisions, light fixtures, in addition to brand new bathrooms with state of the art showers. Our new guest rooms will also include refrigerators and microwaves in every-room. Hopefully we will see you again once the renovation has been completed, please let me know if I can of assistance with your future booking.

Kind Regards,

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here for two nights early January prior to a cruise.
I was allowed to check in early as I had arrived on an overnight flight from the West Coast and I was grateful for this.. While waiting for my room to be ready I had the buffet breakfast in the restaurant. Big mistake - It was stone cold.After I mentioned this to the staff I was offered an A la Carte option, eggs and a piece of ham. I was still charged the buffet price though.
The first room I was given in the non renovated part of the hotel was clean but smelled strongly of air freshener. Not sure why they had to use so much.(Possibly a smoker in the room before)?? I could not tolerate the smell and back down to guest services and they very kindly moved me to another room on the same floor.

The real problem I had with this hotel was the lack of shuttle service to local areas. Without a car you are very isolated. Most hotels these days do offer this service and I would not have minded paying a fee. I did run into a problem with the local taxis. The hotel obtained a cab for me to go to the nearest Publix to get last minute supplies and toiletries. I asked the driver if he could pick me up in an hour and he said I would have to call the company again.
Customer Service at Publix attempted to call me a cab but they were not responding to any of the numbers they called. I then called the hotel explaining the situation and asked them to call the cab for me which they said they would do. After waiting an hour and by this time it was dark and no taxi, I was very concerned about how I would get back to the hotel.
The lovely lady in Customer Service, Jackie, eventually drove me back to the hotel in her personal car.
So beware of using cabs in this area.which as I said is isolated.This issue caused me a lot of stress and I had to keep telling myself not to panic.
I would not stay n this hotel again.
The shuttle service to the port was on time and cost $10.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
Green Features: They should not use so much air freshener as the windows could not be opened to air the room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear CodyCharles,

Thank you for the excellent feedback, we take our guest reviews to heart and will use your review to improve the operations here at the hotel. Please let me know if I can assist with your future stay- the hotels renovation is almost complete and I would love for you to try our newly renovated rooms.

Warm Reagrds,
Catania, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I always stay in this hotel before joinning the ship. It is always very clean and comfortable. Very clean room and comfy beds, always welcomed after a long flight. Good breakfast and nice athmosphere at the bar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Frecklesp,

Thank you for your kind review we will share this with the staff. I'm glad your stay was comfy and you were able to enjoy the restaurant & lounge on the 9th floor (sky level). The views up there are amazing especially at sunset. We hope you have a wonderful time on the ship. We look forward to your next stay.

Warm Reagrds,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We booked three rooms for three nights for our pre-cruise stay. The hotel was dirty and filthy and the staff wasn't all that friendly. The shower tub was clogged in two of the three rooms. The rooms were small but the king size beds were comfortable.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. One of the great features our newly renovated rooms are the brand new showers. The hotel is in the final phase of completing a renovation of all guest rooms and we would like to invite you back to experience the change. Hope fully you were able to enjoy and the hotels great transportation to the Port of Miami. We appreciate your business and hope you will visit with us again.

Palm Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Service personnel very, very friendly.
Airport shuttle is excellent. always on time. Drivers are educated and helpful.
Hotel location good but very noisy.
Parking space needs improvement.
Rooms too old.
Hotel is very old and need to be restored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
If the hotel is restored we will be back.

Room Tip: Close to airport but noisy and need to be improved overall
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Mr. Jaar3,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments about our staff, we will be honored to share these comments with the especially the drivers. Exciting news is that the hotel is almost complete with a renovation of all guest rooms. The newly renovated guest rooms include a refrigerator and microwave in every room, beautiful new trendy decor, and larger television. I hope you will come back and experience the CHANGE, our friendly staff will be waiting.

Warm Regards
Sioux Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed one night prior to changing hotels to join our tour to Cuba. Renovated room was clean with new carpet, albeit the air conditioner was a bit noisy. We appreciated the complimentary beverage and the bartender was congenial and made us the perfect Manhattan! Walter at the front desk accommodated our need for transportation to our next hotel which we appreciated greatly. Would definitely recommend and would stay here again if we visit Miami.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Dinning Diva,

It was really nice to read you review. It looks like you had a fun time here at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport hotel. The Vista Lounge makes the best drinks next time I recommend tring the Mojito-it's delicious local favorite. We hope you had a nice trip to Cuba. We will share your wonderful comments with the bartender and Walter as they will be pleased you enjoye your stay. We hope you will stay with us again in the future we apreciate your business and wish you happy travels in 2014.

Rogers, Arkansas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Staff was extremely nice and helpful. The room and hallways in the building we stayed in were old and did not smell well. I understand they are in the process of remodeling so you may want to make sure they have either finished remodeling or ask for a remodeled room.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynn H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's great to let others know we are in a renovation that is almost complete. The hotel will have all new rooms & hallways for 2014. We are very excited about the finished product the guest rooms are amazing and we hope you will return and let us know wha you think. We appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.

Doreen

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!