I stayed here for two nights early January prior to a cruise.
I was allowed to check in early as I had arrived on an overnight flight from the West Coast and I was grateful for this.. While waiting for my room to be ready I had the buffet breakfast in the restaurant. Big mistake - It was stone cold.After I mentioned this to the staff I was offered an A la Carte option, eggs and a piece of ham. I was still charged the buffet price though.
The first room I was given in the non renovated part of the hotel was clean but smelled strongly of air freshener. Not sure why they had to use so much.(Possibly a smoker in the room before)?? I could not tolerate the smell and back down to guest services and they very kindly moved me to another room on the same floor.
The real problem I had with this hotel was the lack of shuttle service to local areas. Without a car you are very isolated. Most hotels these days do offer this service and I would not have minded paying a fee. I did run into a problem with the local taxis. The hotel obtained a cab for me to go to the nearest Publix to get last minute supplies and toiletries. I asked the driver if he could pick me up in an hour and he said I would have to call the company again.
Customer Service at Publix attempted to call me a cab but they were not responding to any of the numbers they called. I then called the hotel explaining the situation and asked them to call the cab for me which they said they would do. After waiting an hour and by this time it was dark and no taxi, I was very concerned about how I would get back to the hotel.
The lovely lady in Customer Service, Jackie, eventually drove me back to the hotel in her personal car.
So beware of using cabs in this area.which as I said is isolated.This issue caused me a lot of stress and I had to keep telling myself not to panic.
I would not stay n this hotel again.
The shuttle service to the port was on time and cost $10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The signs of change are everywhere at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport hotel. From our iconic signs to our genuine service, from our lobbies to our linens, you'll see the difference the moment you arrive. We invite you to come see for your self, the newly re-launched Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Miami International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Miami International Airport Hotel Miami Springs
- Miami Springs Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Miami Springs