“Biker's Paradise (a most pleasant surprise)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Miami International Airport

You added Holiday Inn Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 South Royal Poinciana Boulevard, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Antonio, Texas
“Biker's Paradise (a most pleasant surprise)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

About 1,400 miles later, on a ride from Texas to Miami, the 3 of us pull into this hotel with no reservation. Cynthia and Jose (front desk) got us a great room at an excellent price. We spent 2 nights. She even suggested what was good in the restaurant. Jose moved his car so our motorcycles could be easily observed.
The suggested cuban food on the 9th floor was excellent. My first time eating cuban cuisine. Leidy (works the little first floor eatery) was an wonderful person to talk with as well as Manny (guard) and Orasmo (doorman) who hung around with me (practicing my spanish) while I had a cigar or two. The hotel driver (forgive me, cannot recall his name) went so far as to shared some of his cuban coffee with me (strong stuff).
The room was spacious and we slept like babies. Everything was clean, soft and comfortable. That is all you want returning to your room after you have put hundreds of miles on motorcycle. We went to Key West and came back.
We were "WOWED" by the place. MORE THAN THAT, I FELT LIKE FAMILY IN THIS HOTEL. THEY WENT THE EXTRA MILE FOR WE THREE STRANGERS. THEY MADE ME FEEL LIKE IT WAS NOT A "DUTY" BEING PERFORMED! You cannot beat that being on the road.
I cannot imagine them being much different with any other decent folks.
I will stay there and only there if I ever go back to Miami.

postscript: forgive any typos. did not feel like rechecking. just wanted to get my opinion in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your past stay at our hotel the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and share your experience with others. We have used your feedback to improve our hotel and want to share exciting news.
In 2009 the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport was one of the first properties to re-launch the new improved IHG- Holiday Inn product here in South Florida. This included a major renovation of all public area throughout the hotel, and added new Holiday Inn Hallmarks.
In 2014 the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport renovated AGAIN...... the hotel has BRAND NEW GUEST ROOMS & SUITES. These rooms are beautifully decorated with brand new top of the line furniture, refrigerators and microwaves in every room, larger 40" flat screen televisions, new bedding, additional outlets, and new bathrooms with your choice of a traditional tub or new shower.
The Holiday Inn Miami International Airport has added value: Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and in all guest rooms, Complimentary Parking, Complimentary Transportation To/From Miami International Airport, Transportation To the Port of Miami, Signature Car Rental & Juma's Transportation Services on Property (3rd parties), and on-site 24 Hour Lobby Cafe & Room Service, Our Famous Vista Lounge (formerly the Tree Top) with Live Salsa Music on Saturday Nights & Salsa Dance Lessons on Sundays, and my favorite our El Mirador Restaurant with amazing views is located on the 9th floor "Sky Level" the 360 degree view of the City Sky Line will take your breath away.
Looking to book a meeting we have over 3,000 sq feet of flexible meeting space. Our talented culinary staff can cater any event from Weddings to Corporate Events for information about our Meeting & Catering Services and Availability contact catering@himiaia.com.
Please let us know if you need any assistance with future reservations. We would love to have you stay here with us. You can contact our reservations team at reservations@himiaia.com. Thank you for staying with us we appreciate your business.

*We have a Harley Rate Available ask for at Front Desk-Check In.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my graduation and I was happy with the service I received from Raquan. He tried his best to accommodate my requests and had me laughing every time I spoke to him. My only negative feedback is that the communication between the housekeeping department and front desk needs to be improved, several times I called and made requests and no one responded nor followed up.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you Akeelia for sharing your experience. We are very happy to hear that Raquan was able to assist you and make your stay more enjoyable. We will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments. I do apologize for the disconnect between front desk and housekeeping departments, we will adress this issue immediatley. Please return and see us again soon.

Doreen
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is well located if you have to be in the airport area. The rooms are clean and the personal is helpful. What sets aside this property from others, is the rate - $60.00 per night plus the local taxes. What could be improved, would be to have all rooms with a safe; now you have to ask for one, and they will bring it to your room (if available), and I thought that was not so secure and certainly inconvenient. The breakfast was adequate for $15.00, but could easily be better by just offering yogurt, which seems to be a common food in most other hotels. Bottom line, I would return, based on the value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are happy to hear you found the hotel a good value. Summer time is an excellent time to find specials and promotions here in South Florida. We do offer many rates that include breakfast, something to consider for your next stay. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Doreen
Woodruff, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is an AIRPORT HOTEL!!! It is for long term parking, airport shuttles etc, business stop overs etc. It is not for families. The Staff is great. They deal with HIGH volume customers coming and going. They do their very best to work with you. The place is clean and well maintained. But it is right across from the airport, so if you don't like the noise, then stay somewhere else. They also provide long term parking for and 1$ shuttle fees for to the cruise terminals. This is why we chose to stay there. This is a hotel for convenience, not relaxing. If you want that. Pay more and Move. I especially want to thank the night staff Cynthia and Jose who were excellent and very kind to me.

Room Tip: If you like looking at plans, ask for the side of the hotel that faces the runway. My son and I had...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I always use this hotel when I travel for work and I always get treated like royalty. Everyone makes an effort to accompdate my needs and they go out of their way for any request. My room and bathroom always look and smell clean. The only hotel I trust. Won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2013

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

After getting my bank account zapped by Regency Miami Hotel I gracefully walked over to The Crowne Plaza nextdoor. Since it was a bit over my daily budget I thankfully prebooked for another Holiday In Property and Im very pleased with the staff. The GM, the bellhop and the front desk supervisor have been so attendant to my necessities and the airport shuttle is prompt and efficient.I highly recommend this Holiday Inn property if you are a business traveler. I rate them an 11 out of 10.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel almost spoiled our trip to Miami for this reason would never stay here again. Checking in times are very long and the hotel gives preferential treatment to some guest over the others. My family and I was quite distraught with the front desk personnel asking us "what do we want in a very rude manner to be a hotel establishment. The housekeeping service is also terrible 7am in the morning I heard a knock on my room door and not even 2 seconds later it was opened and I was still sleeping and I never received an apology. If your looking for peace and tranquility this is not the place

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear americanqueen,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to convey your thoughts regarding your stay with us.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary service during your stay with us. This is definitely not up to our standards as we always strive to provide the best customer care. We deeply regret the inconvenience and dissatisfaction this has caused you.

We appreciate your feedback and your business. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!