You know that you are not off to a good start when you are waiting for the shuttle for 20 minutes, under hot and muggy air, you call the hotel and they tell you "the shuttle is leaving in 10 mins, will take 15 mins to get to you at the AA terminal" and like us, there were handful number of people including some people with disabilities. Sure enough, it took that long. Luckily enough were able to get in but after that stop the full shuttle did not stop for more pick ups leaving behind many frustrated guests at the different stops. The story repeats itself on the return to the airport.
Check in was fast and furious to get to a room where the carpet is loosing threads and filthy in general. I woke up with a sore throat from the dust and smell in the room.
It is beyond me to understand why the laundry staff uses the guest elevator with the carts and would not move to the side to allow guests in because he was too busy texting, which means waiting for the next elevator to come back to the 8th floor.
This hotel is not a 3* and it is a shame to the Holiday Inn chain. Thanks God we were just there from one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The signs of change are everywhere at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport hotel. From our iconic signs to our genuine service, from our lobbies to our linens, you'll see the difference the moment you arrive. We invite you to come see for your self, the newly re-launched Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Miami International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Miami International Airport Hotel Miami Springs
- Miami Springs Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Miami Springs