We did a late check-in - no hassles.
The airport shuttles are very frequent but you have to stand outside on the curbside (sheltered) and wave to the driver to stop. However, the shuttles are different for different locations of Holiday Inn. So, don't be annoyed if you see a Holiday Inn shuttle refusing to board you.
At the hotel, the bell-carts were not good - shaky.
We booked a king-size bed hotel room through priceline but when we checked in, it was a single queen bed room. It was a handicap access room - so, both the bathroom and room were roomy.
After we checked-in at night, there were no shampoos/soap in the room. So, my wife called the reception and was asked to go down (7 floors) to get the items. She was not given a conditioner - they did not have any.
The air conditioner was very old and noisy.
The coffee maker in the room was very dirty and there was no complimentary tea. The coffee shop in the lobby, as a result, makes good money ($2/cup) and is open 22hrs/day.
The room has no fridge/ microwave however, they provided us with a broken one first but later they gave us one in working condition. To store stuff in the refrigerator you can give to front desk but the cost is $5/day to have one in the room.
No means to open the windows - so, we were dying for fresh air.
Corridors were old-ish. The elevators were slow.
The front desk ladies get you a taxi, which arrives on-the-dot. The taxi guy was very courteous. We had the same guy ferry us in the morning for 3 days.
The hotel has free car parking and I would recommend it because it will not be easy to walk around for stuff.
All the house-keeping barely speak any english.
All in all a very average experience - barely made it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The signs of change are everywhere at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport hotel. From our iconic signs to our genuine service, from our lobbies to our linens, you'll see the difference the moment you arrive. We invite you to come see for your self, the newly re-launched Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Miami International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Miami International Airport Hotel Miami Springs
- Miami Springs Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Miami Springs