I was a little nervous about staying at this property given some of the poor reviews, but an extra night on my trip warranted finding a hotel at short notice where I could redeem some priority club points. Figuring I would not be in the hotel that long, and aided by the fact that this was the only property with availability, I took the plunge.
I wasn't disappointed. When I go into a Holiday Inn, I don't expect 5 star luxurt - rather a functional, clean hotel. And that is what I found.
Check in was easy, and the staff friendly, Free parking close to the airport was a boon, and although close to the airport and a main road, I did not notice that much noise. The room was adequate - not huge, but there again I did not need it to be. I needed it to be clean and comfortable, which it was.
The bathroom was also clean - quite small but again it did the job. Amenities were present, but sparse, and towels looked mid-refurb. One was threadbare and the other fluffy. There were washcloths and hand towels, again a mix of old and new.
WiFi was available in the rooms and was fast compared to some of the other hotels I had used on this trip.
I ate dinner in the lounge which was possibly the weirdest part of the stay. The bar and restaurant were on the top floor and had seen better days - and those better days were some time ago. I can't really describe what it was like. Views of the airport were possible, but only if contorted on high back sofas which had positioned so that you could not easily see the view. What is the point of having a bar with a view if you don't allow guests to see it?
The food was fine - again, not spectacular, but not horrible either.
Breakfast has been a recurring theme in recent reviews...but not this one. I had to make an early getaway so instead ate at a Cracker Barrel half way between Miami and Orlando.
I would stay here again, but probably only for a night at a time. It is a clean and useful standby for an emergency overnight stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The signs of change are everywhere at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport hotel. From our iconic signs to our genuine service, from our lobbies to our linens, you'll see the difference the moment you arrive. We invite you to come see for your self, the newly re-launched Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Miami International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Miami International Airport Hotel Miami Springs
- Miami Springs Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Miami Springs