“Perfectly adequate for an overnight” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Miami International Airport to your Saves list
IHG Expedia.com
Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 South Royal Poinciana Boulevard, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Haywards Heath
“Perfectly adequate for an overnight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was a little nervous about staying at this property given some of the poor reviews, but an extra night on my trip warranted finding a hotel at short notice where I could redeem some priority club points. Figuring I would not be in the hotel that long, and aided by the fact that this was the only property with availability, I took the plunge.

I wasn't disappointed. When I go into a Holiday Inn, I don't expect 5 star luxurt - rather a functional, clean hotel. And that is what I found.

Check in was easy, and the staff friendly, Free parking close to the airport was a boon, and although close to the airport and a main road, I did not notice that much noise. The room was adequate - not huge, but there again I did not need it to be. I needed it to be clean and comfortable, which it was.

The bathroom was also clean - quite small but again it did the job. Amenities were present, but sparse, and towels looked mid-refurb. One was threadbare and the other fluffy. There were washcloths and hand towels, again a mix of old and new.

WiFi was available in the rooms and was fast compared to some of the other hotels I had used on this trip.

I ate dinner in the lounge which was possibly the weirdest part of the stay. The bar and restaurant were on the top floor and had seen better days - and those better days were some time ago. I can't really describe what it was like. Views of the airport were possible, but only if contorted on high back sofas which had positioned so that you could not easily see the view. What is the point of having a bar with a view if you don't allow guests to see it?

The food was fine - again, not spectacular, but not horrible either.

Breakfast has been a recurring theme in recent reviews...but not this one. I had to make an early getaway so instead ate at a Cracker Barrel half way between Miami and Orlando.

I would stay here again, but probably only for a night at a time. It is a clean and useful standby for an emergency overnight stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear wildthing271,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Penticton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I don't normally write poor reviews but this place deserves one.

Old, tired, run down and noisy... did I say noisy... yes very. It's just off the flight path of MIA ... close to the airport yes but unfortunately you hear the big guys climbing out at full throttle from 6am to midnight. Also the walls are paper thin, you get to enjoy the adjacent rooms conversations and other activities. Poorly maintained ... faucets loose, toilet seat loose, a/c was a window rattler with a broken front that wouldn't clip on ... if the simple stuff isn't getting done what can you think about the stuff you can't see ...

Basically this is an older, run down, poorly maintained place that is definitely not up to normal Holiday Inn standards... it should be either brought up to specs or dropped from the chain.

Oh ... no free breakfast either, just a small counter that sells basic stuff. There is a restaurant, and what they call a sports bar, on the 9th floor, but the service is slow and the food marginal.

The front end staff are friendly and helpful, that's about the only good thing I can say about this place.

Take a pass on this one... you can do better for the money.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here, that's all I can say ...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
mrg971, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize for your recent experience and will like to advise you that we are not in the direct landing path for the Miami Int Airport, we also take pride in the upkeep of our rooms and we are up to Holiday inn Standards having obtained a 95% on our last standards inspection only 6 months ago, we are also aware of our guest's perception of our ammenities and we are embarking on a complete renovation of our hotel rooms and public areas. This process has already begun and we have completed a part of this project to ensure our guest's in room experience is in par to the high standards that Holiday Inn demands. We take your comments very seriously and I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this further at your convenience. My e mail is : Markos@himiaia.com and I would love the opportunity to speak to you on this matter.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Having read some bad reviews (dirty rooms etc) I was a little wary of this hotel but we had club points to spend so we stayed. I was not sorry. The room was large, comfortable (2 queen beds and a huge armchair and desk etc) and clean. We had an excellent dinner in the top floor restaurant. It was very convenient to get to and from the Rental Car Centre and had a large car park. Breakfast was OK, not up to same standard as dinner. There was an option of light breakfast at the groundfloor cafe.
Air-con was a little noisy (as we found in most places), but it was January so we just turned it off.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and constructive critism of our hotel, we take all of our guest's feedback and review it with our staff to improve on our services and ammenities.

OKC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here with another couple in late January, 2013.

The good: It's close to the airport and the freeway.

The bad: It's close to the airport and the freeway.

This room may have had the worst noise insulation of any hotel I have ever stayed at. We were four floors up and it sounded like we were next to the street. I tried to run the air conditioner fan to drown out the noise, but the fan can't be controlled independently.

Whoever designed the rooms put the outlets so far behind the bed, you have to pull the mattress out a foot to access them.

The mattresses were last replaced probably in the 70's. Terrible.

And to top it off, in the morning the toilets all clogged up!

Ate at the restaurant on the top floor, it was just OK.

Summary: Loud, uncomfortable, clogged toilets.

Go elsewhere unless you enjoy these things.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We have received your comments and we have reviewed them with our operations team to ensure that this kind of plumbing issues are taken care off timely as they get reported. Our rooms are equiped with double glass windows for additional insulation. I am sorry you were disturbed by the outside noise during your stay, a simple call to the front desk would have resulted in a room change to ensure your stay was comfortable. Our staff and our management team is committed to providing excellent service to our guests and if we fail to do so during your recent stay I apologize for your experience.

If you would give me the opportunity to make this right for you, please e mail me at : markos@himiaia.com so we can discuss further.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stay in this hotel after a long trip, and was surprise to find this neat and knowledgeable server that walk me trough the menu and help me with my meal decision. Buffet was neat with a large selection and affordable price. overall breakfast was a real good start for my trip.
Thank you guys, and keep the good.work.
James.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your past stay at our hotel the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and share your experience with others. We have used your feedback to improve our hotel and want to share exciting news.
In 2009 the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport was one of the first properties to re-launch the new improved IHG- Holiday Inn product here in South Florida. This included a major renovation of all public area throughout the hotel, and added new Holiday Inn Hallmarks.
In 2014 the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport renovated AGAIN...... the hotel has BRAND NEW GUEST ROOMS & SUITES. These rooms are beautifully decorated with brand new top of the line furniture, refrigerators and microwaves in every room, larger 40" flat screen televisions, new bedding, additional outlets, and new bathrooms with your choice of a traditional tub or new shower.
The Holiday Inn Miami International Airport has added value: Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and in all guest rooms, Complimentary Parking, Complimentary Transportation To/From Miami International Airport, Transportation To the Port of Miami, Signature Car Rental & Juma's Transportation Services on Property (3rd parties), and on-site 24 Hour Lobby Cafe & Room Service, Our Famous Vista Lounge (formerly the Tree Top) with Live Salsa Music on Saturday Nights & Salsa Dance Lessons on Sundays, and my favorite our El Mirador Restaurant with amazing views is located on the 9th floor "Sky Level" the 360 degree view of the City Sky Line will take your breath away.
Looking to book a meeting we have over 3,000 sq feet of flexible meeting space. Our talented culinary staff can cater any event from Weddings to Corporate Events for information about our Meeting & Catering Services and Availability contact catering@himiaia.com.
Please let us know if you need any assistance with future reservations. We would love to have you stay here with us. You can contact our reservations team at reservations@himiaia.com. Thank you for staying with us we appreciate your business.

Warm Regards,
Doreen Latimer
Director of Sales & Marketing
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We (three adults) stayed for one night at the Holiday Inn before boarding the cruise ship the next day. We found the staff to be very friendly and pleasant. The rooms are adequate for a one-night stay. There is a restaurant in the hotel which we didn't use. There is a Burger King across the highway and another take-out beside it (sorry, forgot its name) which makes very good roasted chicken.
There is a regular free shuttle from and to the airport. The hotel has also a shuttle to the port of Miami at a nominal cost of $ 1 per guest. We will definitely use the Holiday Inn the next time we take a cruise from Miami.
This is another matter which concerns the Holiday Inn hotel chain in general. After making our reservations directly with the hotel by phone, we were redirected to the Holiday Inn Club Vacations which seems to be in the business of selling time shares in various locations in the US. At the other end of the phone was a fast talking, cheerful lady and before we knew it, we had forked out $200 (non-refundable) for the privilege of buying some time share , which we had never wanted.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear AraChal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel. We only spent one night but they accommodations were exceptional. They have a reasonably priced restraint and bar on the property so there was no need to go out elsewhere for dinner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!