“If negative stars were an option.” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Miami International Airport to your Saves list
IHG Expedia.com
Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 South Royal Poinciana Boulevard, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
“If negative stars were an option.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is disgusting. The first room had urine stained sheets, hair all over the bathroom and just over all grimy. The second room had burn marks from an iron on the floor, hair in the bathtub as well. The front desk couldn't be bothered. Just handed me the keys to another room. No apology nothing. Management doesn't care as you can see by the canned responses to reviews on here. Only thing to help this place is a bulldozer.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear jaxpilot25,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your valuable comments and these will be shared with our management team for review. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Joel B

420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I did a PriceLine.com hotel pick for a 2 night stay in Miami for the nights of 2013.Jan.02 and 03. This is the hotel that we got in the end costing us about $230 CDN after taxes.

So our journey begins at the Miami International Airport, after asking around, we were told to wait for the hotel shuttle buses along the outer boulevard curb. We waited from 09:44-10:15h. During this time we saw lots of other hotel shuttles belonging to Crowne Plaza, Hilton, etc every 5-10 minutes.

Holiday Inn MIA has transportation only every half hour! And apparently, we also figured out that if the small van makes the trip first and gets full, it will drive right by you! So walk to the very front where the ramp meets the drop off/pick up point. Very frustrating experience, waiting around while everyone else is on their way.

They have 2 vans, one is larger than the other and it's very difficult to tell it's a Holiday Inn shuttle until it gets to 15 feet from you, luckily every shuttle is driving by slowly.

Here's another frustrating thing, there are different shuttles for different Holiday Inns!

Can you imagine waiting half an hour, the shuttle comes and you think you're on your way when the driver says, "Where are you going?" You say, "Holiday Inn" and the driver says, "Which one?" You say "1111 South Royal Poinciana Blvd." and the reply is, "You have to wait for the other shuttle." ! ! ! ! This happened to us once.

Finally, we arrived an the hotel, there's a deli-style store in the lobby along with two computers and printer available for use. But, it's $5 for 15 minutes! and $0.69 to print in black and white!
WiFi is free in the lobby and room. The connection is reliable but not very fast.

We checked in and were given room #527 which had a queen bed, earlier we had asked for separate beds and I guess the lady at the front mistook "separate" for "1 bed". So we were moved to #826.

During this move, we realized there were two building to this hotel structure, which was kind of odd. The main building with the lobby had 3 elevators and the other building had 1. These elevators are ssslllooooowwww. We ended up going to the first building every time we needed the elevator so that we'd have a chance to catch one of 3 elevators.

My wife checked their website and somewhere she saw shuttle service to downtown Miami. That was a lie, we checked with the desk staff, you have to take their shuttle to the airport and then catch the metro to downtown. So half an hour to the airport, walk to concourse E, up to the 3rd floor, shuttle to the Metro, and walk a little and then another 15-20 minutes to get into downtown Miami. Next time, I'll just stay at the hotel inside the airport or one with shuttles every 10 minutes.

The carpets in the hallways all seem somewhat old and grungy. I don't know if it really is old or if it's a colour thing...

The room had a hairdryer, iron, ironing board, alarm clock radio and tv. No safe or fridge. The highway was right outside our room but with the air conditioner/heater off, you'll hear the sound of traffic come through it more. If you are a light sleeper, bring your earplugs.

The breakfast buffet is $8.95 and a 15% service charge is included automatically. Service is acceptable.

They have small cereal boxes, small milk cartons, red and green apples, bananas, eggs, eggs & veggies, potatoes, ham, oatmeal, french toast, bread, toaster. Cantaloupe, honeydew, oranges, cottage cheese, pineapple, canned peaches. Some kind of thick cake, small donuts.
Breakfast was actually not bad. There is also a menu available, didn't look at it though.

The dining area is on the 9th floor of the main building. As our room was on the 8th floor of the second building, we'd walk from the second to the first building and up the stairwell. The stairwell stinks of cigarettes and what is worrisome is that the fire hose on the 8th and 9th floor is missing in the glass fire case.

We won't be using this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear easyHwolf,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your overall experience at our hotel particularly with the shuttle service. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests. We will use your comments to improve our efforts.

Lera M
Nome, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Everything is cheap and poor quality.. Use their soap if you can find it. It took 4 tries to get the correct room.. Front desk staff has no clue! A/c blows on beds.. Can't properly adjust to avoid freezing. Cafe food should. Be condemned by the board of health

This is not a cheap place.. Value is not there.

No safe. Not enough space in bathroom for storage of toilet articles. Furniture looks like it came from a yard sale in a bad neighborhood.

Breakfast (not free) was adequate after sending back tepid coffee and oatmeal for nuking.

No electric outlet under "desk"" just a flimsy extension cord which looks like a fire hazard to me.

Shuttle bus is unreliable .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear ame007,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Miami Springs, FL.

Krysllin G.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were sent to Holiday Inn by American Airlines due to a lost connection. We would have never choose this hotel, so my review on it is critical.
The hotel is Ok only for it's proximity to the Airport and kindness of the employees.
Beyond that, it's an old, 2 star hotel, were you can find yourself traveling in the elevator with prostitutes going to a room to meet a customer, walking in corridors listening to loud party music, and smoke smell in rooms with sealed windows.
The staff of the hotel is super kind and the courtesy shuttle leaves every half an hour to and from the airport and takes 15 minutes.
If you have to stay 1 night near the airport and don't want to spend much, you may find it convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Pam70,

Thank you for your feedback of our property. I am happy to know that you found our location convenient and staff service to be commendable. I would like to apologize that you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the condition of the room accommodations and noise levels. Your comments will be used to consider enhancements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again many thanks for your feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Pam G.
Midwest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

OK, my flight is canceled so Im in a sour mood. But hey! I have a voucher for a free night from my airline so I should be easy to please, right? Maybe not. It starts like this

The pickup shuttle arrives at D terminal almost full because they brought their small van. Everyone at our stop can fit, but we dont make anymore stops. imo- if they are linked to the airline and the airline has a canceled flight, they should send the large van. On the bright side, the driver was nice.
5 min later at the hotel, easy check in. Im given a room on the 1st floor, so off we go. Oh oh, along the ancient corridor I notice several doors are slightly propped open, and this is Miami{yikes}. OK, even if the Columbian cross country ski team is in town I can always double lock the door. Open my room door, and the carpet is absolutely filthy. Turn to the left, toilet seat up showing heavy lime stains...oy. Well its just one night, so I kick off my shoes and head over to adjust the AC, to find THE CARPET IS SOAKED! From the AC? Water line? Seepage from the parking lot? Afterall this room is below parking lot level, Im eye to headlight with a Jeep Patriot out the window, now with wet socks. With no idea with what could be growing in that room, Im out the door to the front desk to get another room. At the front desk Im waiting behind a young couple as they try to secure a room with a credit card. After several cards are rejected, the young man goes to the car to see if his friend has a card, so after 10-15 min I get a chance to get a new room this one on the 8th floor. This room is 3 star quality, or at least was at one time, except for the (again) filthy carpets. At about 5am our hotel is buzzed by a large commercial aircraft, so I open my eyes to the oscillating lights shining on my walls from several police cars downstairs(I was quite impressed that on the 8th floor the were so noticable). No going back to sleep now but Im not complaining for the aircraft or police. When I switched rooms the wake up call wasnt updated.

We quickly pack up & catch the shuttle to the airport. Again, we receive a courteous driver.

So overall, it worked for us but I would in no way pick this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is surrounded by busy streets and on top by aircraft, so there is no 'quiet' side...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Missika,

Ferdinand G
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The check in was friendly, efficient, and with the normal comments like, “let us know if”. It was what occurred next. The front desk personnel meant it. They made sure I knew what the hotel had to offer, convenient shuttle, with the most positive drivers I ever met. The breakfast personnel are observant and kind. After meeting Nick and two other managers everything made sense. Lead by example, the staff is empowered and supported to make the stay exceptional and worth writing home about! Impressive is just one word that after 28 years of traveling begins to describe the staff and the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport.

Room Tip: Mention to the staff at check in what interestes you and what you would like in a room or with your...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel and was impressed with the food services offered and new and improved modern decor. It wasn't until I was back home, hours away and realized that I had left my daily planner in the room. I could not remember where I had misplaced this book that is so vital to my every day work and life, so i called the hotel to at least check as a last resort. I spoke with a friendly gentleman by the name of Nick and he delivered the good news that it was indeed there safely at the hotel. He proceeded to instruct me on how to have it mailed to me. Simple, painless, and genuinely kind.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!