“All OK except road noise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Miami International Airport

You added Holiday Inn Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 South Royal Poinciana Boulevard, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wincanton, United Kingdom
“All OK except road noise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel staff were good and the hotel in general was fine BUT in the room (east side near busy road) there was only secondary double glazed windows of the old 1970s type and they did not fit to give sound proofing. We did not hear aircraft noise but the noise from the road was awful and both nights we stayed we did not get much sleep. The hotel in general probably needs renovation as the furniture and fittings seemed old. It was clean and the staff helpful. On the plus side (if you don't mind noise) they took us to the cruise terminal for $1 each.

Room Tip: We stayed on the east side near the busy road junction slope. The hotel is in an island of busy road...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights at Holiday In Miami International Airport. I was given a room on the ground floor. Upon check in, I was afraid that the housekeeping staff will be too loud for my liking, since their staff cafeteria was just across my room. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I couldn't hear them once the room door was closed.

Wifi access was fast but spotty at times. The bathroom had all the essential amenities. The bed was quite comfortable, but the AC/Heater unit was way too loud. I'm an easy sleeper, but this unit (which was located just under the windows) was in need of some major upgrade.

Complimentary breakfast was served on the top floor and it offered a great view. You could even see the new Marlins stadium. Food was decent, but the service was spotty. I had to ask several times for a server to give me a mug for coffee. I also had to ask them for cutleries.

Front desk service was not what I've expected from Holiday Inn. Perhaps because it was very busy or perhaps I just had a bad day, but they made us wait quite a while before we could check in. Once checked in, they gave me a magnetic key that did not work with my room door. I went back to the front desk and they asked me to wait again. Unacceptable.

I asked for direction on how to get around and what is around. The front desk staff seemed impatient and not very helpful. I understand that it might have sounded 'strange' and 'naive' for them to hear such question, but they need to understand that I'm from out of town and I'm not even aware whether a car is essential or not if I stay in this location. Of course the staff didn't say anything she shouldn't have, but I could sense a 'you don't know that? are you kidding me?' type of attitude with her responses.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear scorpy_lin,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and providing feedback. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your room accommodations. I apologize for the unusual service you received during your stay. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I booked this hotel room via priceline, the day after my cruise as a place to take a nap for a few hours before my flight at night.

Rooms were old, but clean. The bed was fine and well worth the $80 i paid. Also, there is a free shuttle to/from the airport every 30 minutes. There is also a shuttle to cruise ports...but not sure how much that costs as I took a cab.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I returned from our Cruise early that morning and thanks to Carla Feijos the hotel manager we were able to check into our hotel room early without and addition charge. Very clean and quite hotel. Everyone was very polite. Easy acces to airport. I say promote Carla soon...Thanks Holiday Inn...Special thanks again to Carla Feijos.

Ray and Sarah B.
Phoenix AZ

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I was booked initially at a LaQuinta months in advance for our family of 5 to stay before our cruise. After 2 days of driving we arrived exhausted and LaQuinta refused us because there were 5 of us even though we were booked for all 5 and my reservation print out said 5 guest. My husband, 3 kids and I had no place to go and didn't know the area. Every place we called was booked solid. Then we called this Holiday Inn and the wonderful lady I spoke with said she could accommodate the 5 of us.

When we arrived she had our room ready and told us we were able to park our vehicle for the 7 day cruise and they offered a shuttle to the port for $1.00 per person. What a relief! The room was comfortable, spacious and clean. This hotel also offered a lounge & restaurant on the top floor with a great view, a coffee bar and deli style eatery were located in the lobby. The staff was the best & the price was right. It was a great place to stay pre cruise and we will definitely be staying here when we come to Miami for our next cruise.

Thank you Holiday Inn for your hospitality!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

this is a moderate hotel, location is great but no pretty. it's located in a very busy intersection, of a ruff neighborhood. Access To airport and rental car is the best, I think there is only one more other hotel so close. Moderate stay with NO free breakfast like many holiday inn. there is a small cafe in the lobby where water cost is 3 dollar, empanadas 3/5 dollars, 5 dollar for Gatorade, and juices almost 4, so very expensive cafe. room is very clean, but it feel old and the shades are great blocking the sun, but not cute, I think that is why it feels old. Nice city view if you stay in a high floor, I was in floor 8. Friendly check in and fast. Excellent fast Internet connection at any floor, that is huge! small gym, and nice pool. overall is good, I will stay again at any time.

• Stayed November 2012
Oakham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very close to airport with shuttle bus which was more than happy to take us back to airport for hire car next morning. Getting shuttle bus was a bit of a lottery late at night in the dark but once hailed driver was extremely helpful. Food in restaurant was more than adequate and breakfast was good. Rooms adequate, clean but 'very tired' and in need of decoration For one night it was ok

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!