Booked two nights, one before a flight to Barbados and one coming home from Barbados a week apart. We booked through American Airlines, not directly through the hotel and paid in full. Upon arrival at the hotel, they did not have our reservation. I produced a copy of the confirmation we had and that still did not get us a room immediately. The first lady who took the confirmation from us "disappeared" to the back room leaving us to stand at the counter for what seemed like ages. Then a man came out however did nothing and FINALLY he came back to say we had a room. The issue seemed to be that we went through a third party to make the reservation and they had not communicated with the third party [AA]. While there I gave the man a copy of the return confirmation and he assured us there would be a reservation. Considering the flight from Barbados was delayed and we arrived after midnight it was good there was a reservation. The lady who was there this time demanded to see a copy of the confirmation showing we had prepaid [even though we'd already given them a copy of the confirmation] and was very abrupt and rude. We asked if the stay was going to be recorded in our Priority Club account and she said no because it was booked through a third party. We were tired and wanted a room and this sent us over the edge, so now we were arguing about whether or not this was really a Holiday Inn. Finally she gave us the room keys and we were done for the night. On the courtesy trip from the hotel to the airport both stays the driver made a detour to pick up other people at another location which confused us. When I looked at other reviews on Tripadvisor I finally saw one that expressed the same confusion, it would be very helpful if the driver could just let us know there was a detour and then we wouldn't be concerned. Overall the room is fine for a one night stay at the airport, the hotel staff are the worst customer service people I have experienced in a long time and the hotel does not represent the Holiday Inn image/reputation. We will be letting Holiday Inn know as well. My suggestion would be to avoid this location if at all possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The signs of change are everywhere at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport hotel. From our iconic signs to our genuine service, from our lobbies to our linens, you'll see the difference the moment you arrive. We invite you to come see for your self, the newly re-launched Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Miami International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Miami International Airport Hotel Miami Springs
- Miami Springs Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Miami Springs