We chose this hotel primarily due to the fact that it was close to the airport. The free airport shuttle arrived at the airport after about a 2 minute wait. Whisked us of and we were at the hotel in 5 minutes.
It was about 12pm and 3 hours before check in time. Margot, the front desk assistant, told us no problem and got us checked into a wonderful roomy, and clean room (611). She was very helpful and just a wonderful person as all the other employees at this hotel.
The hotel is not new but it is very clean and just what we wanted for a short stay. Our room was large and very quiet. Used the workout room the next morning. It was acceptable but to warm. Needed more air circulation.
The van driver drove us over to Bennigan's for lunch. It was only 2 minutes away. Actually you can just walk there. Just be careful crossing some of the roads.
We hung out at the pool for a little while that day. Weather was overcast and slightly cool so we did not stay long. Pool was not bad.
We chose to eat at the hotel restaurant that night and it was a great decision. Food was mostly Cuban/American Cuisine. It was absolutely wonderful. It is on the ninth floor and overlooks the distant city of Miami. Nice little lounge is right next door and great for a night cap.
We set a time for the hotel van to bring us to the Port of Miami at 12pm. Cost - $1/person. Can't beat that. A taxi will cost you $25 + tip. I know because I took the taxi back to the hotel from the Port after our cruise. Hotel does not offer shuttle service from the Port to the hotel.
As I said we stayed at the hotel again after our cruise. We arrived this time at 10am. Way before check-in time. Margot was there again and had housekeeping clean our room and we were in at 11am. We again ate at the hotel restaurant and again had a wonderful dinner.
All I can say is Great hotel and great service with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The signs of change are everywhere at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport hotel. From our iconic signs to our genuine service, from our lobbies to our linens, you'll see the difference the moment you arrive. We invite you to come see for your self, the newly re-launched Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Miami International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Miami International Airport Hotel Miami Springs
- Miami Springs Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Miami Springs