“great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Miami International Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 South Royal Poinciana Boulevard, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
iowa
“great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I have high expections for hotels a picky guest !!!!!!! This is a great hotel ---clean ---great staff ---- helpful shuttle ----We missed the 5;30 am shuttle and front desk took us 15 min before next one was scheduled !!!!
Wake up call offered . GREAT dining on top floor great food and service
Best service I've had in years ---- I stay in hotels about 40 times a year . good price too !!!! very pleased!!!
welcome package given @ front desk :)

Room Tip: I ask for corner room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

450 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

The front desk was extremely helpful, with excellent service. Rooms seemed small. Was told that the hotel was renovated 1 year ago, but must be well used. Dirty curtains, wear and tear.
Very handy to airport. Good location for early a.m. flight.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
mrg971, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Dear Guest

We apologize for your recent experience with the Holiday Inn Miami Airport, we do enjoy a high rate of occupancy as our hotel has become very popular with our valued guests because of our location and service, we are currently updating draperies , carpets and furniture for many of our rooms as well as adding HD and Flat Screen TV's to the whole property by the end of November. We take these reviews seriously and our management team and employees are fully committed to creating hotels guests love.

Miami Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

The breakfast buffett was wonderful and the service was even better. My server suggested a table to watch the sun rice and it was breath taking. I'm so glad we stayed and enjoyed our breakfast the feeling remains with us.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We are very thankful for your wonderful comments. I will pass the message to our employees who will certainly appreciate your kind words

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011 via mobile

I checked in at Holiday Inn Miami airport. It was my first time with Holiday Inn and it was very impressive from check in to check out ... Awesome staff the girl Anna at front desk and bartender Antonio great service. The rooms were very clean and everything you need .... I wish I get an opportunity to stay here once again ... Great place

• Stayed September 2011
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I am a business traveler that has stayed at this hotel for 70+ days on two occasions, most recently Jul to Sep 2011. I am a Priority Club Platinum member. The hotel caters to Brazilian clients. The hotel seems like an international shopping stop with shuttles to dolphin mall, littered hallways full of excess shopping bags, and a small gift shop with a lot of extra luggage for sale for over exuberant shoppers.

Pros

Shuttle service is the best capacity that I have ever seen in any airport hotel. They have multiple large and small shuttles to accommodate all size groups. I have had several visits by family who were able to be transferred on time to airport at all times of the day. Previous reviewers w neg comments have to realize the realities of Miami traffic around the airport. Although I am a half a mile away, it could take me half an hour to get to arrivals / departures in my own car.

Exceptional customer service. I had a medical issue that required a three day hospital stay. I had the emergency in my hotel room on the night I was to check out. I was not able to contact the hotel during my hospital stay. The management extended my stay one night at a time until I returned.

Happiest maids that I have ever seen. They are sometimes too happy though and wake me up in the weekend morning hours, but that is a minor inconvenience compared to their joy at working at the hotel and their strong social bonds.

The 9th floor restaurant / bar is a "hidden star". It has the best view of the airport that I have ever seen. The. The food is good and reasonable by Miami standards. Some locals have discovered the bar for Salsa night on Sunday showing that it is a hidden Miami attraction.

Room was good. Big screen TV was fantastic.

This was the quietest airport lodging that I have ever stayed at. I could throw a stone and hit the runway, but cannot hear the airplanes.

Good location at a six way intersection. Easy access to all parts of city from hotel, although navigating the six way intersection is a challenge.

Excellent workout room for cardio and strength.

Cons

No soap dishes?

Ghetto trash bags in laundry room. Not a single trash can in laundry room.

Smoking on non smoking floors.

Laundry service that turns around in one day, but they don't tell you that you laundry is done or deliver it to your room.

Breakfast Buffett serves cold food warm, watery scrambled eggs and limited variety. The standard "Best for Breakfast" menu is served to Holiday Inn standard, if you have time to wait.

Lack of electrical outlets in room is an inconvenience. Use of zip line extension cords is a fire hazard.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful comments as well as your recommendations for our improvement, we have reviewed your valuable concerns and have corrected the issues brought up on your review.

Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Due to Hurricane Irene we were given a voucher from an airline to stay at a discounted rate at this hotel. How did it stress us out further? Let us count the ways: 1- compared to another hotel I stayed in prior to our cruise, this hotel had dirty windows, with children's (I hope) handprints to boot; 2- when flushed, the toilet made a sound of a screaming woman, provided soap but no soap dish; 3- staff could not direct us to a house of worship on Sunday, struggling to pull up some, only to find out that their area has predominantly French and Spanish speaking congregations--you couldn't just tell us that?; 4-staff could not direct us hardly anywhere because no one lives in the area. Pay staff to survey the neighborhood or stock the shoebox sized gift shop!;5-our room wasn't cleaned the first full day of our stay--but when we returned to the room 9:30 that night, room cleaners were laughing it up and talking as they cleaned a room right next door to us!;6- upstairs restaurant is overpriced and the service was unorganized; 6-from the mgr to staff, they need to shut down for a month of serious hospitality retraining.;7- lest I forget the rude driver who drove us to a restaurant. The only thing good thing was bed quality, but was careful to spray the sheets and the free hotel/airport transfer. Other than that, hope I never have to stay there again.

Room Tip: There's another Holiday Inn across from Bayfront Park that I'm sure is much better.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

The hotel has a shuttle service from the airport which is supposed to run every half hour on the hour. On calling I was told the shuttle was on its way and should be there in 5 minutes. After 30 minutes, buckets of sweat pouring, two phone calls the bus finally turned up. It was full and they left a few more fuming customers standing for the next bus! My advices, unless you enjoy heat and humidity, do yourself a favor and take a cab!

The check in was friendly and did not take too much time. The room was average and functional. Cleanliness was acceptable but clearly the age of the hotel showed. The bathroom was clean but the shower was average.

We went to the restaurant about 45 minutes before it closes. It was obvious it was understaffed. Several tables had dirty dishes and had not been cleaned. Our request to sit by a window was brushed aside with the remark "I do not have time to clean the table" That certainly set the path for the slow service that followed. The menu featured Cuban food. Unfortunately, being a vegetarian, there wasn’t a single vegetarian item on the menu. Luckily, they accommodated our request and made vegetable sandwiches. This is the first time in the US; I have come across a hotel restaurant that did not have at least one vegetarian item listed. Given the fact that this is the starting point for many international travelers going on cruises, I think this hotel should look at changing its menu.

The bus to the port was on time and the driver was friendly and efficient. Make sure you reserve space in advance as this bus fills up.

All in all it was an average hotel - OK for one night but I would not stay in it again if I was visiting Miami for a few days.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!