“very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Miami International Airport

Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 South Royal Poinciana Boulevard, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

this is a vernice hotel excellent service nice rooms i slept like a baby very clean rooms friendly peolpe perfect spa very nice swimming pool

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

This is a typical airport hotel, worn down and needs a major upgrade but still satisfactory to spent a night close to airport. Self contained hotel with decent restaurant and bar, good shuttle service nice outdoor pool. There is virtually nothing walking distance so if youre not driving or cabbing you're stuck in the hotel. Shuttle takes you to a couple restaurants on request!

• Stayed June 2011
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Here's the letter I just wrote to management. It pretty much outlines my complaint. Let me add that, if you're looking for a modern hotel, this is not your place. Everything is outdated, except for the reception area:

Hello, Let me start by clarifying the question above. Yes, I tried contacting the hotel manager several times, while staying at the hotel, but to no avail. I even left a detailed msg on his answering machine asking me to contact me while I was still at the hotel, but he never did (I left the msg at 9AM, checked out at 12PM).

Here's my complaint, in the best way I can describe it:

When my mother and I arrived in our room, it was not clean. You could tell the cleaning person came by and did a hasty job, and barely covered up her bad cleaning job. The counters hadn't been properly wiped (there were crumbs on the table) and the hotel notepad still had the previous person's coffee stain on it (meaning, it hadn't been changed for us). The bathroom floor had long pieces of hair on it. The main room's carpet was filthy. I found toe nail clippings, stickers and price tags from someone's shopping spree, and pieces of old food. The cleaning lady, who spoke no English, came to clean it, and I tried to tell her what needed to be cleaned, but she immediately said she spoke no English. She cleaned it, but once again, too quickly, so my mother and I had to walk around with our shoes in our room the entire time.

The window didn't open because we were up so high (understandable), but the room has probably never been adequately aired out, hence the musty smell. The AC/heating/fan unit is so incredibly loud. When we slept or watched TV, it was annoying, but helped cover the noise from the cars outside.

Lastly, and MOST importantly, the noise from the upstairs 9th floor restaurant was unacceptable. Apparently, there was a party that no one warned us about. At 1 AM, we were awakened abruptly by house music at the restaurant (right above our 8th floor room). I called the front desk numerous times and each time, the receptionist told me the manager was "on it"..."heading up there immediately to stop the music"...that "the party was unpredictable" and finally, "the manager was putting them out due to numerous complaints"... This lasted until about 4 in the morning, and I was finally able to sleep around 5.

I must say that I was shocked at the quality of and service coming from this hotel. I live in Paris, FR, and my mother, in Atlanta, GA and we had just finished our mother-daughter cruise....We spent one final day in Miami, and I had gone on about how the hotel that I chose was going to be comfy, clean, convenient (close to the hotel), and mostly we'd get a good night's sleep. In the end, I went back to France more tired than when I came to Miami.

I have never been more disappointed in a chain as reputable as the Holiday Inn. I have already stayed in close to 60 hotels this year due to the nature of my job, and I can tell you that, after this experience, I'm ready to cross Holiday Inn off my list.

Here's the hotel in question:
Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
1111 South Royal Poinciana Blvd
Miami, FL 33166

• Stayed May 2011
mrg971, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

I will like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Miami Airport, it is clear that we felt short from delivering the service you expect from this great brand, we have reviewed your valued comments and have addressed your concerns with our management team. I apologize for not being available to respond to your call, I was out on vacation with my family and missed your call. I will be contacting you to personally apologize and find a way to make this right for you.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Markos A Rivas
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Very helfpful and friendly staff at check-in and staff in general were friendly and pleasant too. We had an 8th floor room overlooking the airport. Room was very comfortable and quiet and we were not disturbed by planes taking off and landing at all. There are regular shuttles to and from the airport, there is a limited shuttle service to the the Dolphin mall (small fee and all tickets are return only) and a shuttle service to the port of Miami. If you want to use the shuttle to the port, ask at reception as you may need to reserve a spot for yourself.

There is not too much around the hotel in the immediate vicinity but the 9th floor restaurant and bar of the hotel has great service and there is a 24hr cafe in the hotel too. We did not eat in the actual restaurant but the food was good in the bar and the restaurant looked very nicely set up. Coffee and smaller items like muffins and cookies were good from the 24hr cafe and reasonably priced.

It is worth taking the shuttle to the Dolphin mall as it is a great place to spend time and there are a few restaurants, bars and coffee stops as well as tons of shops.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the airport
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

My company stays here and the staff has always been nice to me on my overnights here for work. I had a family reunion to attend in Virginia and offered to pay for my parking for the convenience (compared to paying $15/day at the airport!) and they waived the fee for the 4days I was gone. I would definitely stay here on my off time for leisure and highly recommend Pollo Tropical 1 block away from the hotel for lunch. Thanks!

Room Tip: Book a room for a Tuesday.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

There were 3 of us that arrived at the hotel shortly after midnight with vouchers from American Airlines, tried but trying to make the best of an unpleasant situation. Upon entering the lobby there was no one at the desk and we had to look for someone to check us in - the girl who checked in the 1st passenger did not smile, did not welcome us tot eh Holiday Inn, did not comment on the fact that we were essentially stuck, almost making us feel as if we were an inconvience to her. After checking in the 1st of us she called out to another woman in the back "You have 2 more miecan Airline vouchers out here" and then ignored the 2 of us remaining and went on to check in he 2 guests with "normal" reservations. The lady who came out never made eye contact and also acted as if we were a problem. Worst custmer service I have encountered in a long long time.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Spring Valley, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

We stayed the night before a cruise and the night after the cruise. Very accomodating, let us check in @ 11am. Brought a cot both nights without question. The shuttle ran on time both times we used it.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
EB Hotel Miami Airport
EB Hotel Miami Airport
#1 of 12 in Miami Springs
4.5 of 5 stars 535 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!