“Just passing through” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Abingdon, Maryland
“Just passing through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here for one night while on our way from Key West to Myrtle Beach. I made the reservation through Choice Hotels and was told there was a heated pool. My husband was quite disappointed that this was not the case, the pool was very cold. Despite this, I have nothing but good things to say about the staff, who were very welcoming and very professional. We asked about restaurants and they provided information on room service and menus for delivery in the area. Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We checked online for hotels in Miami that were reasonably priced for a group of us who were going on a cruise. We wanted a hotel that had a pool, was within walking distance of restaurants, free shuttle from airport and to the cruise ship, and had free breakfast. BINGO! Comfort Suites Miami Airport North had all of it.

It is not a luxurious hotel and does nto have a spectacular pool like higher priced hotels, but it was great for what we needed. We flew in the day before our cruise and were able to hang out by the pool for a little pre-cruise tanning. There are several restaurants in walking distance.

The rooms (there were 8 of us) were not great, but clean and comfortable enough with 4 of us in each room. The free breakfast was average, but FREE, and quick so it worked for us.

They will pick you up at the airport (free), and on the day of our cruise they provide free transportation to the cruise port. The last bus when we were there ran at 12:30 which is fine because we needed to board by 3:00 anyway.

I would recommend this as an economical place to stay the night before a cruise. It is reasonably priced,saves you money on transportation to and from airport, and was the best value we could find. Bon Voyage!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First off kudos to Lily at the check in desk. Great smile, super friendly, and very helpful when we needed a cab.

The room is fantastic. Very clean and comfortable. Perfect for our pre cruise stay.

If you need a place pre or post cruise I highly recommend this place.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently made a reservation through hotels.com for one overnight stay at the Comfort Suites Miami North. I was guaranteed sleeping arrangements for 5, knowing one would be a cot. When I arrived I learned this hotel has no cots per fire code, and that the online services should not have allowed me to make that reservation. Needless to say I was highly upset. Leo, Jesus, Lelin, and Junior made sure my family had ample accommodations, checked back to see we were happy, and went above and beyond for us. I know customer service is sometimes a thankless job, but these guys deserve some recognition for their outstanding customer service.

Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel tries very hard to accommodate cruise travelers the night before the cruise. They are very nice and try hard. However, the free shuttle service is not great. Meaning that they try to pick up too many people with too few shuttles. LOTS of angry travelers get left behind at the airport waiting for a good while then watching the shuttle go by because it is already STUFFED and I mean stuffed! The rooms are decent but not really clean. Not hard to find stains and left over items. Myself, I would probably use this hotel again pre cruise, but I am fairly sure I would get vetoed by my wife. Breakfast mediocre.
Summary. Hotel OK but kinda dirty. Staff very nice and used to a lot of questions. Shuttles poorly staffed with numbers not quality as the staff of the shuttle was nice also.

Grand Ledge, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a very pleasant stay. We stayed both before and after a cruise. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful and accommodating. They did everything they could to be sure the stay was pleasant.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side or inside facing the pool are quite quiet.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
JosephKatz, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear slw880,
Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay with us at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed both of your overnight stays with us. I am glad that you found your accommodations to be clean and most importantly, comfortable. I also see that our staff was accommodating and helpful in every way during your time with us. Thank you again for the review and we hope you chose us again on your next stay in Miami.
Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Services
Director.customerservices@gmail.com
Bakersfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Used this hotel for a post cruise stay over. The check in was smooth. The room is large and bathroom was clean. The bed comfortable. It was quiet. The internet was free and it worked. Easy parking and no additional charge to park there. Near airport and easy to return rental car from this location. We did not utilize the free breakfast because our flight was so early. We will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear 6808,
Thank you so much for posting your review to TripAdvisor in reference to your stay with us at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. I am happy to hear that you found your room to be clean, spacious, and comfortable. I see you were able to take advantage of the complimentary in-room WiFi that is available to all of our guests. As you mentioned, we provide free parking to all of our guests while they are staying at the hotel. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, and thank you again for the review.
Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Services
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!