“Great for cruise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great for cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel had a free shuttle from the airport and also to the cruise docks. This was very convenient. Hotel was busy but it was very nice. I would recommend for staying if flying or cruising. Probably would not be a long term place to stay as the area around hotel doesn't seem great.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had booked months in advance a pre-paid, non-refundable, no change room for our last night of our vacation prior to taking a flight back home. My uncle back home had suddenly passed and we had to get back a day early when we were notified. Changed my flight (with no hassle or charges to change the non-refundable, no change flight (Delta made it so easy)) and tried to change the room to 1 night earlier so we can take a flight out first thing in the morning. I was told that I would still have to pay for the night that I had booked with them as well. I had to call back to talk to the manager when he got in for the 1 hour (I was told he would only be there for 1 hour) that he was going to be there. I called back and Ahmed said that it was non-refundable purchase, but he could give me 25% off what I paid for that stay. I was trying to actually just move it to 1 night ahead, but they had no availability, so I asked for a refund or credit for another night stay. (We had stayed there before and loved it) I had mentioned what delta was able to do, so he said ok, 50% off what I had paid. I know 50% is better than nothing, but if an airline can change with no fees for this situation, it seems ridiculous that a hotel cannot make an exception. I understand if I had changed for other reasons, but a death in the immediate family...

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed here one night before boarding our cruise ship. They had free transportation to the port. Staff was friendly, great room, free breakfast was good. Only one negative thing was we wait for over a hour for the hotel transportation to get us from the airport after calling 3 times. We would stay here again.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I read previous reviews on this Hotel and had mixed feelings on wether I should stay. My 3 friends and I were going on a cruise and needed a room for the night a ride from the Airport and a ride to the Port of Miami the next day and then a ride from the Port to the Airport when we returned from our Criuse. This Hotel was the answer to all. We even had the best time ever at the Hotel Bar. The Bartender was the greatest and very entertaining. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. They came through with everything they offered.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
JosephKatz, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Bev S,
Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay with us at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. I am so happy to hear that we were able to serve as a nice stop off in between your journey on your cruise. As you mentioned, we shuttle all of our guests to and from the airport for free, as well as to the Port of Miami for those that are cruising. I am also happy to read that you were able to spend some time at our bar, and that the bartender was entertaining and provided good service. Thank you again for the review, and we hope you come back to visit us soon!
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We only stayed one night here and it was completely worth it. They provided shuttle from airport to hotel and then from hotel to ports in the morning. The breakfast was a typical hotel style continental spread. While the area for eating was small, staff were very efficient on cleaning tables. Our room was super big and met our families' needs.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear Gkeat,
Thank you very much for posting your review of the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that you found your accommodations to be spacious and that they met your family needs. I see that you were able to take advantage of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We provide free shuttles to all of our guests to and from the airport, as well as to the Port of Miami for those that are cruising. We are always happy when our guests are able to make the most of what our hotel has to offer and you are no exception. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back here soon!
East Rockaway, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked our stay specifically because of the reference to this hotel from the Disney blogs and because of the free shuttles. We arrived at the airport, missed the first shuttle, called and another one came about 20 minutes later. Believe me, we are impatient New Yorkers but when you are dealing with a free shuttle, you just have to wait. Arrived at the hotel, checked in, and the room was very nice and clean. There is a McDonald's, Subway and IHOP within walking distance of the hotel. You can purchase water for your cruise at the gas station next door, a little pricey but you won't have far to walk. Walking was safe, we walked with our girls home from church at 7:30 and I was not worried at all. When we checked in we booked the 11:15 shuttle to take us to the port the next morning. In the morning my daughter woke up with a fever and we wanted to run her to the doctor before we borded the ship. My husband went down to ask the front desk for the nearest walk-in doctor and they said they have a house doctor, dialed the number and shoved the phone at him. Can you say kick back? The doctor did not take insurance and wanted $500 to come to the hotel! I can't share with you where my husband told him to go but it wasn't nice. He hung up and asked the front desk where the nearest walk-in was and they said Miami did not have walk-ins! Baloney! The gentleman working seemed to get peeved and then shut us down to any other questions we had to ask about the doctor or the shuttle. A quick Google search came up with about 25 walk ins in the area but I would have liked a recommendation. They pretended they had no idea what we were talking about and then I caught on. I remembered a review that mentioned a local doctor but it was too far and we did not have a car. I then discovered that CVS has something called a "minute clinic" right inside the store. This is for simple sore throats, colds and such. For more serious illnesses, I would maybe use the other doctor mentioned in a previous review. The CVS minute clinic is a doctor and pharmacy in one place! It is on the same road as the hotel just about a 15 drive west. CVS 10701 Northwest 41st Street, Doral, FL 33178. They took our insurance and provided medicine all in one shot. Back at the hotel, breakfast was fabulous! The 11:15 shuttle was 1/2 hour late but everyone was heading to the port so you can understand. The ride to the port was quick and we got there without a hitch. Aside from the doctor debacle, everything was perfect and I would definitely stay here again. In a previous review they responded to a lady who said the same thing about trying to push their doctor on them and they said they would take note. They have not, and continue to play oblivious to helping people find a local doctor. Good stay overall.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear nubbypuppy,
Thank you very much for the review you posted on TripAdvisor describing your stay with us at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. I am very happy to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us, and that you mentioned you would come back in the future. I am sorry to hear about the medical issue that you encountered when staying with us. We do have contacts for local walk in doctors that our front desk is supposed to provide to our guests if necessary, and I will be sure to speak with the front desk about this mishap. Other than that, I am happy to read that you and your family were able to get out and explore the surrounding area. Thank you again for this helpful review, and we look forward to your next stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice hotel. Stayed for one night before our cruise out of the Port of Miami. Free shuttle from airport picked us up and dropped us off with no problems. Check in was effortless. Booked the free shuttle to the port for the next day during check in. Free breakfast in the morning and off to the port. Quiet, spacious, & clean rooms. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear Liz B,
Thank you very much for posting your review of the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that you found your accommodations to be clean, quiet and spacious. I see that you were able to take advantage of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We provide free shuttles to all of our guests to and from the airport, as well as to the Port of Miami for those that are cruising. I noticed you were also able to make use of the daily, complimentary breakfast we offer. I am also happy to read that our front desk provided you with friendly and helpful service. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back here soon!
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!