“Almost Free!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
San Juan Capistrano, California
“Almost Free!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Check the math. We stayed here prior to a cruise to the Caribbean. The price for the room was $89 a night booked well in advance. A call from the airport brought their shuttle. Saved a cab fare of $12.00. In the morning a free hot breakfast. Saved $15.00 for the two of us. Their shuttle took us to the cruise terminal. Saved $20.00 cab fare. On return one week later, called and the picked us up at the cruise terminal. Another savings of $20.00. Waited at the hotel for a couple hours reading before we took their shuttle back to the airport for our flight home. Another $12.00 in my pocket. Did I say the room was quiet and the bed was great. If I add the saving up, the room cost a total of $10.00. Can't complain even if the room was more.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is the best place and I would give #1 in all hotels I have tried to stay near to Miami Airport. Great experience with all services. Fast check in, great airport pickup shuttle experience. I stayed there with my wife and we both enjoyed stay there.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much same, doesn't make any difference.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My teenage son and I stayed here the day before our cruise left Port of Miami and then again the day after it got back. As the other posts indicate, it's not in the best area of town but the hotel itself has been renovated and is a clean/comfortable stop before a cruise, especially for the price. When we go to the airport we waited and waited for the free shuttle but it seemed every other hotel's shuttle was coming by except ours. After seeing the Holiday Inn one 3 times, and after over heating I finally called the hotel and they said they will page the driver immediately. About 5 mins later he was there. At the hotel, check in was quick and easy and we were in our freezing cold but welcoming room :) We both loved the free wifi and since we're from Canada we enjoyed the US channels on TV. We didn't use the small outdoor pool only because we didn't have time. We walked a short one block walk and found a subway sandwich store where we purchase subs for dinner and brought half back to our room for later. The rooms all have mini fridges. In the morning we used the free shuttle to the port of Miami. We booked the 9:30 am one because we wanted to board early. The shuttle was on time and after stopping at a few other hotels we were on our way to the Port. Free breakfast in the morning is basically a continental breakfast with the addition of a waffle maker. It was just enough to get us started! I would definitely stay here pre/post cruise if you are only wanting a stop over spot with WIFI and a free shuttle. If you are looking for shopping, a nice view, access to the water or a hotel with a lot of amenities, this may not be the spot for you. You will need to spend more to get what you want. We will definitely stay here again pre-cruise!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
JosephKatz, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Nikki1978_32
Thank you very much for your review of the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North that you posted on TripAdvisor. I am extremely happy to hear that you and your son enjoyed your time with us. It seems that you were able to make use of all of the complimentary amenities we have to offer to our guests. They include the free transport to and from the airport, free shuttle to the Port for a cruise, free in room WiFi, and free breakfast. These amenities are in place for our guest to take full advantage, and we are always very happy when our guests are able to do so. I am sorry to hear you were not able to enjoy our quaint pool area, which serves as a nice place to kick back, relax, and take in the South Florida sun. Thank you again very much for your review, and we hope to see you back with us soon!
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked the Bon Voyage package, which I found to be an incredible deal. It included transportation from the airport and to the cruise terminal in the morning, breakfast and a bottle of wine. Each of these items were delivered flawlessly and on time. We had a need for cab service the night before the cruise and getting a cab was effortless. The room was very clean and the front desk staff was awesome and helpful. It's not walking distance to too many things, but we found a nice place for dinner and a liquor store - the only things we required for this particular trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
JosephKatz, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear CKay87,
Thank you very much for the review you posted on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay with us at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. As you mentioned, we have the Bon Voyage which offers our guests a complimentary bottle of wine along with our complimentary shuttle services. I am glad to read that all of these services were well received in a timely manner. I am also ecstatic to hear that our hotel staff was friendly and helpful to you during your time with us. Thank you again very much for your review, and we hope to have you back with us soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at this facility for 1 day after our 7 day cruise in miami. The facility and pool was very nice and clean. We didn't use the workout room or anything else as we were there for less then 24 hours. We did have a free 15 passenger van to to accommodate 12 family members to the airport at 5 am which was a plus. If needed I would stay again and yes I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Xtiara00,
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North that you posted on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay with us. I am extremely happy to hear that you willing coming back to stay with us if you return to the South Florida area. It is great to read that you and your family were able to enjoy our pool area. It is a great place for our guests to kick back and relax and take in the Miami sun while you are on vacation. It seems the shuttle service was well received as well. We offer a complimentary shuttle service both to and from the airport to all of our guests, and we always enjoy when they are able to make use of it. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review, and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is just about 10mins drive from MIA so it's very conveniently located and there is a free shuttle to/from it. The front staff are very friendly and the room - king sized bed - well appointed, large and comfortable, there was even a 'sitting room'. On the downside the ground floor room faced the car park, but on the upside it was just a few feet from the pool. We didn't hear all the planes taking off/landing, except when we were by the pool. Again, with the hotel chain, b/fast is very basic and can get boring very fast, but if you are on a budget and you like the word 'free' then you can't complain. However, there is an IHOP literally 5mins walk on the main road from the hotel (and other restaurants nearby) that can help you with that problem.

The only thing with this hotel I can offer as a critique is not the hotel itself but that its a bit far from all the 'action', so unless you have a car, expect large cab fares if you want to get around. Not sure how the buses run. If you solve that issue then the malls, zoo, Seaquarium and downtown Miami are just between 15-25mins away. I agree with one reviewer here, the nightly flyers under my door were a bit annoying. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the car park and on lower levels don't get the noise from the airport.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ronda B,
Thank you very much for your review of the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North that you posted on TripAdvisor. I am extremely happy to hear that our front desk was friendly and helpful during your stay at our hotel. It is also great to read that you found our rooms to be quite large and clean as well. All of our staff works very hard to maintain the cleanliness of this hotel. You mentioned our free shuttle service that goes to and from the airport from the hotel. That service, along with a free shuttle to the Port of Miami for a cruise, free breakfast, and free WiFi are a few of the complimentary amenities we offer to all of our guests. We are extremely happy you were able to make use of those. Thank you again for the review, and we look forward to your next stay with us.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Disclaimer** I HAVE NOT STAYED AT THIS HOTEL, THIS REVIEW IS BASED ON MY RESERVATION EXPERIENCE.

I made a reservation online directly through this hotel's website. Within minutes I received an email with a reference number for my reservation. 3 days later I receive an emailed confirmation with incorrect information. I called the Choice hotels phone number listed in the email and was told that it was not their fault and to contact the hotel directly.

I call the hotel directly and the employee that I speak with insists that the reservation is exactly what I had requested. I insist that it was NOT, particularly considering that my name was spelled incorrectly and there was only 1 room on the reservation and not 2. The rep says that he fixed the issue and I should receive an updated confirmation email in minutes. I receive the confirmation 4 hours later. It is still incorrect.

I called back and a different employee says that she fixes the reservation and that I will receive an updated confirmation email. That was over a week ago, I have yet to receive the email. I have contacted Choice hotels again, and yet nearly a week later, I have heard nothing from them as well.

I chose this hotel based on recommendations from this website and other cruisers as we will be cruising from the port of Miami. I am hoping that the reservation process is re-evaluated because part of my party is pushing for a different hotel based on this experience and we are frequent cruisers.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!