“Really good for an overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Surrey, British Columbia
“Really good for an overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I called the hotel and the shuttle picked us up within 15 min, the shuttle driver was so nice and answered all our questions, very pleasant gentleman, first impression of the hotel was cleanliness, the two young men working were again very helpful and were joking with us. Room wasperfect for what we wanted which was a bed and a shower before our cruise. Had the breakfast and found it better than most hotel breakfasts, very clean and well stocked. Georgia impressed me multi tasking with a smile on her face and the girl cleaning the tables also very nice.shuttle to port booked last night so overall a hassle free experience. Thanks

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
JosephKatz, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear mojosgramma,
Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor of your time with us at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. I am extremely happy to hear about your experience with Georgia. I come in contact with her each and every morning and I can assure you that she carries herself with that same attitude every day. I will relay your message to her and I can guarantee it puts a big smile on her face for the rest of the day. I am glad to hear that our rooms were able to provide you with the comfort you were looking for. Thank you again for the review, and come visit us again soon!

576 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Waiting for shuttle from airport. SIX calls to the hotel saying EXACTLY where we were. Saw shuttles from all the other hotels pass by several times. Waited about an hour and twenty minutes. My calls were to to different male voices at the front desk, and one female. Finally got there, front desk had no answers as to why this long wait happened. They did not seem to care.

There are plenty of other airport hotels (I saw ALL their shuttles). I will stay in one of them next time, for SURE.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We flew into Miami in the late evening and were on the shuttle within 15 minutes of getting off the plane and on our way to the hotel. The hotel is as other reviewers say, it is very new and very near the Miami Int'l Airport. All rooms are suites and are large and comfortable, big clean bathroom. Cannot fault anything with the room. We had a good nights sleep and the room was acoustically insulated very well so nobody kept us awake at night. There was a breakfast buffet which was a good option for us before taking the shuttle over to the cruise port of Miami - it was the typical waffles, cereal, bagels, coffee/juice continental setup - but it was included and we didn't have to leave the hotel to get it. We were able to run across the street and buy a bottle of wine and some soft drinks to take onto the ship with us as well. There are a few fast food places a short walk away [few blocks] and we had subway for dinner the night before. This hotel offers a great "bon voyage" package for cruisers where they also give you a free bottle of wine for your cruise if you book your stay on the hotel's website directly. They also offer a "park and cruise" package if you are driving a car where you can leave it parked during your cruise until your return. The lobby of the hotel also has a few computers you can utilize as well as a printer free of charge. There was an LCD panel located in the lobby as well which info about flight departures, very handy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear hopdog2,
Thank you very much for the glowing review you posted about the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you and your party were able to utilize our free transportation to and from the airport, and that it arrived in a timely manner to pick you up. Our complimentary amenities, which also include free breakfast and WiFi, are in place for our guests to use as they please. It really helps you take in the full Comfort Suites experience. Thank you again for the review, and we would love to have you back as our hotel guest.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This review is for my stay on July 2nd, 2013.

I've stayed here before and was fine because I had a shuttle. If you drive and actually find a parking space, you might need to make sure you don't get blocked in. I was blocked in and it took me 30 min. to get out. My main complaint about this hotel is the manager Ahmmed [--]. ChoiceHotels.com double booked me on June 25th. I'm a diamond member and know how to use their website. They've had ongoing multiple issues. I had a hotel in Virginia and here. I was to be at this hotel the following week. I was informed of this when I arrived the following week. I ask to speak to the Manager, Mr. [--]. They said he'd be there in 10 min. I waited 30 min. No regard that he kept a paying customer waiting 20 min. longer than he said. I told him of the problem. He assured me, if I come back to the area, he would give me a room for having to pay for a no-show, which they also took away the points for. That time came this week. I called Mr. [--]twice. No answer so I left a message. I emailed him. When he finally emailed me back, he said he would get me a room but have to pay $25 extra dollars plus tax. Really? He flat out lied! He does not care about the customers. A total lack of respect for anyone's time but his own. Although I found Mr. [--], the customer service rep. willing to try to come to agreement, due to the lack of response from Mr. [--] the time frame came and went. I'm extremely disappointed in the lack of customer service he has shown and the total lack of respect he displayed. Other than the parking, Mr. [--] and the lack of seating at the breakfast area, it's a good place. Will never be back. I don't do business with dishonest people. Be careful staying here. Manager has tried to have my review removed twice now.

Room Tip: Go to the next hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bob A,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review of the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. First and foremost, I would like to apologize on behalf of the staff and management for the lack of service you received when staying at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your reservation was double booked by Choice, and that we were not able to correct that mistake before it was too late. At times, our managers take time off and it leads to discrepancies such as this one. I know by the time one of our managers was able to reach out to you, it was too late and we are apologetic about that as well. If you plan on returning to the Miami area in the future, please contact us so we can do everything in our power to make this right. Our main goal is customer satisfaction, and in your case we did not live up to that goal. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a brand new hotel conveniently located near (I mean REALLY near) Miami International Airport. Clean room, large and comfortable beds, perfect acoustic insulation, fast-food restaurants (like BK and Subway) a few blocks away. There is even a gas station across the street, so that you can refuel your rental car before drop-off, and a panel with info about flight departures in the lobby. Really nice for travelers.

Room Tip: This is a hotel for a short stay, due to its proximity with the airport.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Caterham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Firstly, this hotel is one for convenience not for seeing the sites. It is conveniently located near to the airport and it was a perfect location when arriving late on a flight. Having picked up the rental car and being on the road arouhd midnight I wanted somewhere close with free parking. This hotel has free parking.
The rooms are spacious, actually fantastic. There was lots of room and the bathroom was clean and just what you need. Cannot fault the room.
The downside, the buffet breakfast was all things bread, waffle etc. And there was no china but polystyrene plates and plastic cutlery. However, it was included in the reasonable price. The hotel has a small fitness centre and laundry.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stay here quite often when in miami. Great location, next to airport, close to major Hwys. The bldg. is new and clean. The Rooms are big, spotless and the beds a very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and welcoming.They will accomondate any needs you may have. Free shuttle to and from airport. Good free breakfast. Nice bar area for a few drinks also. Walk a couple blocks in either direction for excellent cuban coffee, pastrys and sandwiches. I would highly recommend staying here if you are in the area of the miami airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!