“Park and cruise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Indialantic, Florida
“Park and cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Nice new hotel, modern and very comfortable. The price was excellent and I would recommend to friends and family. Staff are very friendly and professional rooms are clean and a great size bed was comfortable and the breakfast was a bonus

Room Tip: Great choice for a park and cruise or park and fly.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you should ever find yourself needing an absolutely excellent accommodation near MIA, this Comfort Suite is the place to stay! The 2-queen room was enormous, and it, along with the bathroom, was perfectly clean. The shuttle bus to and from the terminal was only 10 minutes, and it seemed to run every 15 minutes. The hot breakfast buffet (free) was a very nice treat as well. With all that said, the best part of the hotel was the courtesy and friendliness of the staff.
Final reflection--having an interruption in the last leg home of an extended international trip is no fun, but our stay at this Comfort Suite more than made up for the inconvenience caused by the airline. Good work, Mr. Ahmed and team !

Room Tip: Don't be shy about asking the front desk staff for any special need that you have--they really g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We bought the park and cruise deal from stay123.com for one night but then I topped up another night so that we could see a little more of Miami.

The hotel is close to the airport so it's not in the nicest part of town and there aren't any shops or restaurants really within walking distance. That said, I didn't hear the airplanes flying overhead, so it was quiet enough.

Our room was fine, nothing to rave about or complain about. However, housekeeping should have done a better job. There were crumbs on the coffee table and cabinet where the TV sat, and it looked like it hadn't been dusted after the last guest. The sofa and walls were stained and marked even though the hotel looks new. The beds were comfortable enough. There is a safe in the room but you are charged $2 a day for it.

The breakfast was the usual free fare - not a lot of choice and premade stuff.

The shuttle to the cruise port was included in the price I paid through stay123.com but you arrange the return with the shuttle company. I was very unimpressed with the shuttle company. We waited over an hour the port for the shuttle. I called the dispatcher at the company to ask when the shuttle was coming and was told to look out for a white van with an orange trailer. Of course it never came to us because it was a black van that was going around picking up people and it didn't even have the name of the company on the black van!

Anyway, that's not the hotel's fault.

My girls used the pool but complained about the rough floor of the pool. They scratched their feet a bit on it.

There is one washer and dryer for the whole hotel so be prepared to wait.

So overall, not a bad hotel for a night or two, especially if you park and fly/cruise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Princeton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights before our cruise out of Miami. Some basic impressions:

Pros:

1. This property was built recently so it looks and feels news. All interior decorations appear fresh and modern.

2. Staff usually do a good job of keeping the grounds clean.

3. Room sizes are decent. Mattresses feel nice and solid. Big screen TV was a big help to keep children entertained.

4. Hotel offer free shuttle services to and from MIA. And to the port of Miami as well, which was a big help in our case.

Cons:

1. Noise from jets taking off and landing can be heard throughout the night. Obviously not the hotel's fault.

2. Breakfast area is too small. Guests are spilling over to other areas of the lobby.

3. Parking is limited. They share lot with the Days Inn next door (same owner).

4. In-room safe did not work. And they charge $2(?) a day, which is news to me.

Overall a nice hotel. Covered all the basics. Close to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We booked 2 rooms pre and post cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed staying at this hotel. The rooms are spacious , clean and comfortable. The quality of the breakfast buffet was excellent. We let Isabella at the guest services know that we would be back after the cruise and we were able to check in right away when we came back. Isabella is very friendly and helpful. It was a pleasure to meet such a friendly staff. Thanks again Isabella. We would definitely be back when we go on another cruise sailing from Miami.

Hope the hotel would add a restaurant in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JosephKatz, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear ken l,
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. It is always nice to hear about a guest who had 2 separate stays, with each one being pleasant. It is especially nice to hear that Isabella was of help to you and treated you kindly while you stayed with us. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Isabella when I see her next. On behalf of management and all of our staff, I want to thank you again for your review, and it would be our pleasure to have you again as a guest.
Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a nice hotel conveniently located for Miami Airport with good-size rooms at reasonable rates but sadly all the good is negated by the fact that the staff at the front desk have the worst attitude to customer service I - a regular traveller for work and business - have ever experienced.

First despite paying for a room for two nights but informing them when I booked the that my flight would not arrive until 5am so I wouldn't be there until 6am, when I got there I was told I was a 'no-show.' Then when I got back to my room around 7.30pm that night I found it had not been serviced and it took me a trip to the front desk, a follow-up call, two hours and two different people to get the room partially serviced. There was no apology or attempt at excuse from the girl on the front desk for the fact the room hadn't been serviced so I can only assume it is such a regular occurrence they don't feel the need to apologise for it.

Somewhat ironically considering housekeeping didn't bother to clean the room at all yesterday I have been hassled by them twice so far this morning despite my booking (and agreeing to pay for it despite the lack of room servicing). It turns out that my request had not been registered by the front desk. Then I asked to speak to the manager to complain and when she called me back there was no attempt to make amends for all the hassle and poor service I received. I suggested they waive the late fee as compensation but not a chance, in fact it went up $5 dollars from the rate I was given previously.

Unquestionably the worst customer service I have ever received. Not only will I or any of my staff who travel to the US from London on a regular basis ever stay at this hotel again, based on this we won't be staying at any Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

OUr two families a total of 8 stayed at this hotel Aug. 24th, before our cruise, We flew into Miami, called the shuttle and it was there in minutes, the driver was friendly, he pointed out places to eat around the hotel, Our rooms were not ready as we arrived at 11:30 a.m. by about 12:30 one room was ready so we put all our luggage into the one room, we just went to Mcdonalds for lunch, it is right acrosss the street, we then went swimming, a nice clean pool, towels are supplied at the pool, in the afternoon we walked down the road to the liqour store and bought some wine, the area is industrial but fine, at dinner we decided it was to hot to go walking so we ordered pizza from a flyer, it came and they allowed us to use the breakfast dining area, they supplied napkins and utensils to us, The rooms were clean, had to call down for sheets for the pull out couch, but they came with in 1/2 hour. We signed up for the first shuttle to the port when we checked in, The second room was not ready until after 3 as we wanted two rooms together, to compensate this they gave the 3 adults in the room a voucher for a drink at the bar, they used these at dinner, The morning breakfast was good, get there early as it fills up and have your voucher although it seemed hit and miss if they asked for it, by 9 there were no seats left, we went to the gas station across the street and bought some pop for the room and took the rest on the ship, it was 6.99 for 12 tins, All the staff at this hotel were pleasant and helpful, it was clean and reasonably priced, we would stay here on our next pre cruise stop in Miami

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear matfel44,
Thank you very much for the review you posted on TripAdvisor describing in great detail your stay at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. We encourage our guests to take advantage of the amenities we have to offer to you. In your case, it seems you did just that! Our pool is a great place to kick your feet up and take in the Miami sun. The bar is a small area for our guests to enjoy a casual, occasionally on us, and unwind for the night. Our other free amenities include the airport and cruise port shuttles as well as the breakfast buffet. The way you describe our hotel sounds like you were an all star guest! Thank you so much again for the review, and we can’t wait to have you back with us at the Comfort Suites.
Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!