“Very nice hotel for the price, especially if you are a choice hotel member” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Miami Airport North

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Very nice hotel for the price, especially if you are a choice hotel member”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel while in Miami attending a concert. It is a fairly new hotel located near the airport which also means it is located in an austere environment. Not much around so I wouldn't walk around at night at least not by yourself. I stayed in a room with a King size bed and it was nice. They did a great job in making the hotel look 'high class' at a moderate budget. My only complaint was breakfast was real basic. I've stayed at other Choice Hotels and hot breakfast usually includes scrambled eggs, bacon, hot cereal or grits, yoplait yogurts and non-bruised fruits. They had eggs but it was some McDonald's looking egg patty, didn't have meat every day, no hot cereal but you can make instant oatmeal, the oranges were bruised. It was OK, I mean it did the job of getting my day started but not much there considering what I have seen in other Choice Hotels. Other complaint is parking. Limited parking and you share the parking lot with the Days Inn next door. If you don't ask you won't get a parking pass and they tow vehicles if you don't have a parking pass, so make sure you ask for it. I did think the front staff could have been more helpful such as telling you about the parking pass. I originally reserved to stay in one of the high end hotels closer to the American Airline Arenas but I'm glad I changed my mind and went with a more affordable choice. Affordable but luxurious room amenities. Oh and the room had a refrigerator and microwave. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: It is a quiet hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
DavidPreston78, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear vadiva30,
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites you posted on TripAdvisor. Our hotel recently opened and we take great pride in making it look as it did on opening day. From the lobby to the rooms, our staff works day in and day out to ensure the cleanliness of the hotel. I’m sorry to hear about your issues during your stay, including that our front desk was not able to provide you with the necessary information for parking. Again, thank you for your review, and if given another chance, I’m sure we can exceed your expectations.

David Preston
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel was great!! The parking was crowded but we had no problem finding a spot or getting out the next morning. The rooms were wonderful and the staff members were very friendly and helpful. It is next door to the airport and you will hear planes at some point but it's not constant and it's not enough to wake you up or keep you awake. We will definitely be staying here again before our next cruise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidPreston78, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear HoodSK,

The management and staff at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North would like to thank you for posting such a flattering review about your experiences at our hotel. We work hard every day ensuring all our guests leave feeling the way you do about our establishment. I am equally delighted to read that you found all our staff friendly and helpful. Every day I witness them providing the best customer service Miami has to offer. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

First time to stay at a Comfort Suites and was pleasantly surprised. Landed at the airport well after midnight and called the hotel. Their shuttle was there to pick us up when we walked outside. The front desk clerk was friendly and efficiently handled our party of seven. Everyone was happy with the self service breakfast the next morning. The port shuttle was on time and was handled in an organized manner.

We have cruised out of Miami several times in the past and this was by far the easiest pre cruise experience to date. Was more than pleased with the accommodations and free breakfast. Loved the free 24 hour airport shuttle and the free shuttle to the cruise port. Will definitely be staying at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North again when cruising out of Miami.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear FarbeitfromMe,

Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites you posted on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. From our breakfast service to our front desk staff, we work hard every day to make sure our guests enjoy their time with us. We pride ourselves on the numerous options available at breakfast. You might be a guest who wants to indulge in fruit topped waffles or a guest just looking for a good cup of Joe. Here at Comfort Suites we cater to all different types of breakfast patrons. It also brings us great joy to hear when guests enjoy our complimentary shuttle services. I am happy to hear everything ran smoothly for you and your party. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

It was my family's first ever cruise and none of us had ever been in the Miami area, let alone the airport or ocean port. The people behind the front desk were more than courteous, going out of their way to let us know how the shuttles worked, where a good place to eat was (Tom's NFL Sports Bar-a few blocks away-KUDOS to them for such a wonderful meal!). The staff of the Comfort Suites in its entirety, on the elevator and in the hallways, always had a smile on their face and made us feel right at home. The drivers of the shuttles were pleasant and I commend the nice driver we had on the way to Port of Miami the morning of the Miami Heat Victory Parade. The patience he had was amazing! Check-in and check-outs at both ends were fast and easy even though we were early in our arrival from the port after our cruise. The only problem we had was that the parking lot light shined in our room but no biggie. What a wonderful stay - will highly recommend this to everyone! Thank you for making this vacation a memorable one for me and my family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear M B,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor of the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. I am glad to hear that our front desk staff greeted you in a friendly manner. They are the first people that you see when you check in here at the hotel and it is their duty to make you feel welcome. I am also delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of the amenities we offer to our guests. Our shuttle services to and from the airport and to the cruise port are services that not many hotels in the area offer. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again at the Comfort Suites.

Eastern North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I read all the glowing reviews and was looking forward to spending the night here before our back-to-back cruises out of Miami. The cost for one night and 10 days of parking was a little steep, but it was cheaper than a hotel plus parking at the port. Plus, I thought I'd be staying in a fabulous hotel, so I agreed to the price. The hotel was pretty easy to find with GPS. We arrived very late and found that our reservations had been lost. The guy at the front desk tried to convince me that I was at the wrong Comfort, but I showed him the confirmation I had printed with their name and address on it. While he was sorting that out, the porter told my husband, who was in the car with my children, that he had to move our car since we were taking so long. However, there were no available parking spaces, so the porter moved a moped someone had parked along the wall of the hotel and directed my husband to park there. We were told to be sure to get a "real" parking space before we left for the cruise so they wouldn't tow our car, so in the morning we had to wait for people to leave to take their space. Unfortunately, there were about 8-10 other families trying to do the same, so it was like a mall parking lot the day after Thanksgiving. After finally getting a room, we did find the beds to be comfortable. The room was clean except for the bathroom, which had someone's used washcloth in it still and some hairs. We could barely hear airplanes, as we were very close to the airport, but they were not loud enough to disturb our sleep. We ate a quick breakfast (included), which was good (not great) despite being served in a crowded space. We caught the free shuttle to the port with no problems, and the contact person at the hotel made arrangements for our return shuttle before we left, which was nice to have done. The shuttle ride back to the hotel was fairly quick, but a little unnerving, since the driver took and/or made about 8 calls (no exaggeration) during the 20-25 minute drive. When we returned, we found our car to be safe in the same spot (yay!) with a new scratch on it (boo!) but otherwise fine. When I got home, I found I had been charged twice (apparently due to the lost reservation, which had been charged in advance). After a few calls to the hotel and a small debate with a lady about whether or not I had actually stayed TWO nights, the second charge was refunded to my credit card. Overall, this was a disappointment, and I too started to wonder if I was at the wrong Comfort since the hotel experience did not match what reviewers have said. I would feel robbed paying as much as I did if it weren't for the savings on parking. I will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Putnam, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

the comfort suites at Miami airport was great and clean. It was about to rain and there were several area restaurants which delivered to the hotel as we chose that option. Pool was relaxing and pretty close to the airport as well.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear cfalz,

Thank you very much for leaving a review of your stay at the Comfort Suites on TripAdvisor. One of our greatest assets is that we are within walking distance to many food options, and when it rains it is very easy to order delivery to your room. I am glad to hear you were able to take advantage of that option, as well as our pool. Our pool is a change of scenery from the rooms that allows our guests to relax and take in the Miami sun. On behalf of the Comfort Suites, I would like to thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Ciudad Quesada, Alajuela, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Very nice recently renovated facility. Comfortable clean room. Great shower for any hotel. Fantastic staff. Left too early for breAkfast but they had to go bags ready. Better than many 5 star hotels. Loved it.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Michael C,

Thank you for the glowing review of the Comfort Suites you posted on TripAdvisor. Our hotel recently opened and we take great pride in making it look as it did on opening day. From the lobby to the rooms, our staff works day in and day out to ensure the cleanliness of the hotel. It is unfortunate to hear that you were not able to stay and enjoy our complimentary breakfast. Again, I would like to thank you for the review, and we hope to have you back at the Comfort Suites on your next visit to Miami.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!