“FINALLY... A MIAMI AIRPORT HOTEL DONE RIGHT!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Vero Beach, Florida
“FINALLY... A MIAMI AIRPORT HOTEL DONE RIGHT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

In miami airport area this is the newest, cleanest, best appropriatede hotel available. The free shuttle is a $$ plus to all guests and that is important when setting a travel budget. The casual traveler needs to understand that the airport area is a no vancancy area regardless of the season. This Hotel is "NEW" and the appointments, the Breakfast, The free shuttle, The great cClean new rooms offer something that is simply not available within 5 miles for less than $259/night. The front desk staff, Ariel, Andrea, & David Preston instantly create a warm welcome feeling. Being a frequent Hoteler with choice inns makes direct booking online easy. There is no 3rd party involved in the booking process. We stayed in #517 and enjoyed the flat screen, huge new bathroom, 2 queen beds and the mini fridgw/,coffee, &mirco oven setup. Mabel the Housekeeper attended to our request for 3 extra towels, The bar complimentary member drink was nice. The breakfast area is staffed by Georgia & Carlos that attend to breakfast items and maintain the area for inhouse guests onl not the local neighborhood coming for a free swim & breakfast. Remember that this is miami and people are people. The safety and security from the hotel employees was reassuring to my 17 year old daughter during our stay. "A simple hello & an asking if your need any help was greatly appreciated by her." This is a new diamond in the bustle of Miami airport. This is our visiting hotel now when we come to miami springs to visit family. always best regards, Brifro

Room Tip: south side views the airport area and poolside, northside views the neighborhood
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DavidPreston78, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear milring,

Everyone at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and posting such a flattering review of our property on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure meeting you the morning of your stay. I want to thank you for all the kind words you shared with me about my team members. I do agree with you that we have the best customer service Miami has to offer. Send me an email the next time you travel to Miami because I would love to work with you directly to help you plan your stay. Thank you again for all your kind words and I will be sure to share them with all our team members.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have never been to Miami, except the airport, etc., so didn't know about the neighborhood. One website we visited for this hotel stated there was a Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, etc. on site. THERE IS NOT. It is at a different Comfort Inn and Suites in the area. There are however many pizza flyers that get shoved under your door repeatedly once you check in. This hotel is right next to the airport, so expect airplane noise. It wasn't too bad once we went to bed. The beds are very comfortable and the room was clean, except for a few spots on the sheet. There is a gas station across the street where we purchased a 24 pack of bottled water for $7.00 (a bargain considering the hotel charges $2.00 a bottle). We had no problem bringing the water onboard our cruise ship. The main reason we booked this hotel is to have free transportation from the airport and to the Cruise port the next day. Seems like that is what keeps this place open. The staff were very nice and helpful. The continental breakfast wasn't very good and the area to eat it in is small. I am not a big breakfast eater anyway, so a bowl of cereal and a danish was plenty for me. The round yellow things that were supposed to be eggs were very interesting. I believe there were waffles, yogurt, cereal, bacon, and sausage. When we got there, the bins were empty, but they promised fresh food would be coming. My husband made a sandwich with the round yellow things and an english muffin. He said it was OK. The pool is outside and looked OK. I suppose I would stay here again if cruising. At least now I know what to expect. Make sure you get on the right shuttle from the airport. It is a white van with a yellow stripe. The other Comfort Inn and Suites shuttle is more of a box truck. Once you get your bags, you have to call the hotel to let them know you are ready to be picked up. This place really is convenient if you do not have a car and want to take advantage of the free shuttles, but forget about having a good dinner that night. You will eat plenty on the cruise!

Dear roll-with-the-tide,
The staff and management at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North would like to thank you for writing a review about your experiences at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read that a guest enjoyed all the free amenities we offer at the hotel. Other hotels in the area charge for parking, breakfast and shuttle services. Since we value our guest’s loyalty we provide these services complimentary. I am very surprised to read that you read on a website that all those restaurants were onsite. I would love to get this information corrected. If you get a chance please email me a link where you saw this information. The next time you stay ask the front desk for recommendations. We have some great local cuisine within walking distance. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Rooms are really spacious, clean and comfortable.The staff is nice and friendly. Breakfast is just OK. It has a good location if you want to go shopping in outlets (such as Sawgrass Mills and Dolphin Mall). By renting a car you can also reach Miami Beach in about 20 minutes. Staying in airport area can be a good option if you want to do both.
I just don't understand why the cutlery and plates are all made of plastic! It really bugs me. I've been in several hotels, including hostels and I've never seen something like this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear danipinto,
The staff and management at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North would like to thank you for such a glowing review posted on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you found your room and staff members to be top notch. It always pleases us when a guest had such a great time at our hotel they feel the need to share the experience with others online. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Comfort Suites was my home away from home for a night several weeks back..After a little issue with the shuttle taking me to the wrong (so SO wrong) comfort suites I arrived at this hotel (not in a great area but ok)....It was my intention to head to a little gem of a peruvian resto for dinner after checkin. Alas the restaurant was closed, but my stay in an enormous room replete with sitting area and huge flat screen TV was really terrific. I had the handicapped room which offered a large walk in shower.(one small comment:.the bathroom lighting could use some improvement ). King bed and it's pillows were super comfortable and most importantly,I never heard the roar of one jet engine all night; even though this property is in close proximity to MIA. Lobby is modern and crisp, busy little bar the night I was there, and breakfast the next morning early (6am) was more than adequate and efficiently stocked. The front desk stafff were very helpful with every request, making change and alerting me to shuttle arrival, free national newspapers; generally terrific and very accomodating. This hotel is a little gem at the airport and offers a good value for the price.

Room Tip: The handicapped rooms, if availabe, are large and quiet.
Dear Fleur M,
Everyone at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and posting a flattering review of our property on Trip Advisor. I am happy to see that we were able to be your home away from home. We love when guests feel like family while at our hotel. We will certainly have your room waiting for you the next time you travel to Miami. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying here. When we arrived i had somehow cut my finger and the lady behind the desk got me a bandaid and also asked if I wanted something to put on the cut. Our room was clean as was the property which it appeared to be quite new. The lady tending the bar was gracious and looked after us well. We will stay here again the next time we're in Miami. Breakfast was very good. On this trip we also stayed at the Sheraton airport hotel and wouldn't rate it anywhere near as good as the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Ont.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed at Comfort Suites for 2 days prior to Caribbean cruise.

Beautiful hotel and very clean.

Front desk staff very helpful with recommendations for local attractions, restaurants and shopping.

Although right across from Miami International Airport, the noise level was minimal from airplane traffic.

One down side with the hotel is parking spaces available. We were there during the week, and after 10pm it was difficult to get parking spot. On weekends it would be more difficult.

nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We booked this hotel based on recommendations from other travelers. It is very close to the airport and easy to reach by calling for pick-up when you arrive at MIA. The rooms are spacious and comfortable.

The transportation to the port of Miami is incredibly convenient (about a 20 minute ride). Highly recommend staying here before you cruise. The only caveat is with regards to the location, there really wasn't much in the way of restaurants. There were plenty of delivery menus provided though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!