Overall, I was happy with our experience at this hotel and would return. It wasn't perfect, but it was good.
* Good value. It was less expensive than many competitors, especially when you consider the freebies (breakfast, hotel shuttle, cruise port shuttle).
* Breakfast was nice. The "strong" coffee was really good!
* The room was clean, modern, comfortable, and felt safe. Same for the public areas.
* The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, as were the staff I encountered at breakfast.
* It was quiet. Despite being near the airport, I wasn't bothered by plane noise.
* Suite? Well...I guess. There was a small sitting area with a small coffee table, but it's a stretch to call it a suite. It wasn't separated from the sleeping area at all. Maybe other rooms are more suite-like.
* The cruise port shuttle was really late. We signed up in advance for a certain time (11:15 I think), and we didn't depart until probably 12:15. Based on that experience, we declined the return trip with that shuttle company. The return trip was for an additional fee, and we had an early flight to catch, so we didn't want to risk another hour delay. I realize this is a 3rd party company with whom the hotel contracts, but they choose to do business with this company, so I'm including this criticism here.
* Unresponsive to email. I emailed 3 times with a question, and I never got a single reply. I emailed the address listed in our confirmation email and twice on the email form on their website.
I ended up calling and that worked fine.
The good outweighs the bad here considerably. I would definitely choose this hotel again. I just want other readers to be aware of the issues!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
March 16, 2013
Report response as inappropriate
The staff and management at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North would like to thank you for writing a review about your experiences at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read that a guest enjoyed all the free amenities we offer at the hotel. Other hotels in the area charge for parking, breakfast and shuttle services. Since we value our guest’s loyalty we provide these services complimentary. I apologize that no one responded to your email. I will look into this issue to make sure other guests will not encounter this problem. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.
Director of Customer Service
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.