Overall, I was happy with our experience at this hotel and would return. It wasn't perfect, but it was good.
* Good value. It was less expensive than many competitors, especially when you consider the freebies (breakfast, hotel shuttle, cruise port shuttle).
* Breakfast was nice. The "strong" coffee was really good!
* The room was clean, modern, comfortable, and felt safe. Same for the public areas.
* The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, as were the staff I encountered at breakfast.
* It was quiet. Despite being near the airport, I wasn't bothered by plane noise.
* Suite? Well...I guess. There was a small sitting area with a small coffee table, but it's a stretch to call it a suite. It wasn't separated from the sleeping area at all. Maybe other rooms are more suite-like.
* The cruise port shuttle was really late. We signed up in advance for a certain time (11:15 I think), and we didn't depart until probably 12:15. Based on that experience, we declined the return trip with that shuttle company. The return trip was for an additional fee, and we had an early flight to catch, so we didn't want to risk another hour delay. I realize this is a 3rd party company with whom the hotel contracts, but they choose to do business with this company, so I'm including this criticism here.
* Unresponsive to email. I emailed 3 times with a question, and I never got a single reply. I emailed the address listed in our confirmation email and twice on the email form on their website.
I ended up calling and that worked fine.
The good outweighs the bad here considerably. I would definitely choose this hotel again. I just want other readers to be aware of the issues!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, Comfort Suites Miami Airport North gives you plenty of space to relax and regroup. A premier option among Miami suite hotels, the brand new Comfort Suites® Miami Airport North is just 5 minutes from Miami International Airport and offers free transportation to both the airport and the Port of Miami. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Comfort Suites Miami Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Miami Airport North Hotel Miami Springs