“Limited Parking - Great otherwise” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Limited Parking - Great otherwise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We arrived at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North around midnight to stay over for a early flight the next morning. The main reason we booked this hotel is because it offered airport parking and a shuttle bus to the airport. When we arrived, there were zero parking spaces. We spent probably 45 minutes circling the parking lot and working with the desk clerk and security guard to find a spot. Finally, we just parked along a curb. First thing when we woke up, we went downstairs to find a spot to park our car for the duration of our trip out of the Miami Airport. We had to "stalk" guests who were leaving to get a spot, a big hassle when we were departing that morning on an international trip. Otherwise the hotel was great in terms of being clean, modern, comfortable and the breakfast was good. However, I wouldn't return, simply based upon the parking inconvenience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
DavidPreston78, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear milesandcoco,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor about your experiences at our hotel. We here at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North love seeing guests responses posted online. I am delighted to read that you found us clean, modern, and comfortable. In contrast, I apologize that you had a problem finding a parking spot. If given another chance I am sure you would see that it was an isolated incident. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Nassau, New Providence Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Comfort Suites is my hotel of choice when I travel, because of its warm and friendly service.
Unfortunatly I did not recieved that at this Hotel, The front desk service was not friendly and welcoming at all. I was surprise they charge $25.00 for early check in, I had to attend a business seminar that morning therefore I did not do the early check in, the rooms had no towels when we checked in at 5:00PM I had to keep calling housekeeping. It's a beautiful property but the service needs working on especially at the Front Desk. I stayed 7 nights

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Complimentary Airport shuttle - on time

Complimentary Cruise Transfer to Miami Airport - on time. The same company offers a post cruise shuttle to the airport which was on time and cost $10 for adults and $5 for children.

Complimentary Internet Access - performance satisfactory, in fact I've paid for internet access at high end hotels that has been much slower

Complimentary use of Printer - great for printing boarding passes

Complimentary Hot Breakfast - Bacon, Eggs, Sausage, Biscuits with Gravy, fruits, Cereal, Waffles, pastries etc.

Brand New facility which has an upscale feel to it.......very nice. Suites large and spacious, beds comfortable and new. Nice sofa, Huge flat screen TV.

Friendly and competent staff

Reason I did not give 5 stars is that my room was facing the car park which had bright stadium lights which was an issue for me to get a good night sleep. Drapes do not pull across the window since they seem purely decorative.

Also, fast food delivery persons are able to sneak into the property through a back gate by the pool area. If they can do it, then others can also.

The hotel staff at the lobby has a list if "approved" fast food delivery options, so I suggest you use them. I made a mistake (unknowingly) and ordered from Franco's Pizza, who took over 2 hours to deliver and delivered the wrong order. I ended up having to call them for a refund.

Room Tip: Stay way from the car park. Extremely bright lights and drapes do not cover entire window.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear WestIndian4ever,

Everyone at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and posting a review of our property on Trip Advisor. I am happy to see that we were able to be a part of your vacation. It is one of the best parts of this job seeing guests creating lasting memories at our hotel. I am delighted to read that the shuttle services we offer were so well received. Every day we work hard getting guests taken to the Port of Miami in a timely fashion. Other hotels in the area charge for this shuttle transportation. We value our guests so we provide this service complimentary. In contrast, I am sorry to read that the lack of drapes in your room kept you from a full nights rest. I will look into this matter and make changes where necessary. Thank you for bringing this lighting issue to my attention. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel twice in 3 weeks. We were promptly picked up at the airport with their free shuttle. The check-in was fast and not a problem. The reservation was just as we had booked it. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast in the morning was nice. It was crowded, but that just means they were busy. The free shuttle to the pier for our cruise was on time and got us to the pier in great time. The room was clean. The room was well furnished. Free internet was great, with a business center to print out your boarding passes. The only down side would be the walking a few blocks to eat -- and I would not do it after dark. We will stay here again when we are in Miami!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tecjer,

Thank you for taking the time and writing such a flattering review on Trip Advisor about your experiences at our hotel. We here at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North love seeing guests responses posted online. I am delighted to read that our shuttle services were so well received. By the same token, I am very happy to read that you will be staying with us again the next time you travel to Miami. We love having repeat guests because it allows us to get to know them on a personal level. Their stories of adventures and travels always bring smiles to our faces. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next visit.

Plant City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We arrived about 7:15 pm. Check in was simple and quick (Wonderful as we were tired after driving from Plant City, Florida, approximate 4-1/2 hour drive). Our room on first floor was large and very nice - very clean. We used Stay123.com to book this hotel as we were going on a cruise and wanted to leave our car at the hotel rather than paying port parking fees (Cheaper!). The Hotel people were very nice. Trip to port is included. The tour bus people (FSA, I believe) were fantastic. Return fee of $10.00 per person was charged to return to Hotel. The only NEGATIVES we experienced were the front desk clerks forgot to sign us up (when we checked in) to take the bus to the port so they had to find us a seat the next morning. This hotel also charges $2.00 for a safe in the room which they do not tell you (whether you want one or not). You can complain when you get the bill and they will remove the charge. The free breakfast left a lot to be desired. All I can say is it was free and it was food - eggs tasted like watered down cardboard. You make your own waffles and they were good.

Room Tip: First floor corner rooms and handicap rooms are larger and closer to lobby.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidPreston78, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Joyce D,
Everyone at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and posting a review of our property on Trip Advisor. I am happy to see that we were able to be a part of your vacation. It is one of the best parts of this job seeing guests creating lasting memories at our hotel. I am delighted to read that shuttle services we offer were so well received. Every day we work hard getting guests taken to the Port of Miami in a timely fashion. Other hotels in the area charge for this shuttle transportation. We value our guests so we provide this service complimentary. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.
south texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband has been staying here for a week. I joined him and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are large. Wonderful comfortable bedding with great pillows. A living room area with an extra chair. There is a huge plasma that can be watched from anywhere in the room. There is a nice sized desk. The restrooms are nice no signs of wear. Everything is new and trendy. I have been here for 4 days now and I don't even realize we are near an airport. There is no loud noises regarding the airport what so ever. There is only one thing they could improve. Housekeeping is loud. They walk around the halls with their volume as loud as possible. I get the idea they want to wake you. It's not cool. Especially when you work late or are not feeling well. There also isn't much parking at all. However, it's a great trade off for the value. The rooms are a great deal! You can't get this downtown or off the beach without paying quadruple the amount and its NOT worth it! I have done this and it's terrible service and a pain in the neck getting anywhere in the traffic. I highly recommend this place and will be back over and over again.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear pena5504,
Thank you for taking the time and writing such a flattering review on Trip Advisor about your experiences at our hotel. We here at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North love seeing guests responses posted online. I am delighted to read that you found the location to be perfect for your stay in Miami. By the same token, I am very happy to read that you will be staying with us again and again. We love having repeat guests because it allows us to get to know them on a personal level. Their stories of adventures and travels always bring smiles to our faces. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next visit.
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We chose this hotel because it had a shuttle from airport and a shuttle to the cruise port included. The place is pretty new, very clean, and the staff are helpful and efficient. The breakfast bar is plentiful and the staff there very friendly.

Alternatively, if you want a reasonable place to eat try the Airport Diner just a few blocks away (walkable), very good food and pleasant service.

Room Tip: Go for the third floor to avoid noise from floor above
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear artistgranny,
The management and staff at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North would like to thank you for posting such a flattering review about your experiences at our hotel. We work hard every day ensuring all our guests leave feeling the way you do about our establishment. I am equally delighted to read that you found all our staff friendly and helpful. Every day I witness them providing the best customer service Miami has to offer. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!