We booked a night’s stay at this Comfort Suites as a place to stay before our cruise on a Carnival ship sailing out of Miami the next day.
When we landed at the Miami Airport and had our luggage, we called the hotel for a shuttle. It arrived about 10 minutes later and we left for the hotel. All together, it was 45 minutes from the time we landed to the time we checked into the hotel.
We had a deluxe queen suite with 2 queen beds and plenty of space in a room of 486 square feet. Our rate was $129 for the night and included a hot buffet breakfast in the morning.
Besides the two beds, there was a couch that had a fold out bed. There was a nice cushioned chair and a office type chair at the desk.
There was a large screen HD TV, a microwave, and fridge.
It is not in the most scenic area being located on the edge of the airport, but it served the purpose for a one night stay. From our 4th floor room (425), we could see parts of the airport runway and terminal areas. For plane spotters, it was a great location. The walls and windows were well insulated, so all you could hear was a low rumble of jets on take offs.
Across the street was a Valero gas station with beer, soda, and water along with snack foods.
For dinner, we had a few options there within a few blocks of the hotel. There was a sports pub, a Honduran restaurant, a Peruvian restaurant, and a diner called the Airport Diner. We chose the diner and had a very nice meal there.
The mattresses were a little softer than what we prefer.
The hotel had a small pool that was 5 feet deep at one end. There was a small fitness room with a few pieces of workout equipment.
For the breakfast buffet, they had simple fare. We saw pastries, toast, bagels, fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, cereals, and they had a waffle maker. They offered coffee, tea, orange juice, and apple juice.
They had a shuttle to take us to the cruise port that left at 10:45am for the 15 minute ride.
We were pleased with our stay here.
If we were to come back for another cruise out of Miami, we would not hesitate going back to this Comfort Suites.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Miami Airport North Hotel Miami Springs
- Comfort Suites Miami Airport North Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, Comfort Suites Miami Airport North gives you plenty of space to relax and regroup. A premier option among Miami suite hotels, the brand new Comfort Suites® Miami Airport North is just 5 minutes from Miami International Airport and offers free transportation to both the airport and the Port of Miami. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Comfort Suites Miami Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.