“Good place near the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good place near the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We arrived late on our flight into Miami and were just looking for a nice place to overnight before picking up a rental car in the morning. We were very pleased with the location and the room. The staff was very courteous and a nice breakfast was provided. The shuttle service was prompt and leaves for the airport on the hour in the AM. There is very limited parking and its not a place I would spend several days. But if you need a night or two near the airport, this is a good place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Scott B,

Everyone at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for writing a review. I am delighted to see that our hotel was so well received. We love seeing guests so pleased with our hotel they feel the need to spread the word. I am also glad to hear you were able to utilize all our free amenities. Most hotels in the area charge for parking, Internet, airport shuttle and breakfast. We value our patron’s loyalty, so we offer these services free of charge. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North for one night before taking a flight the next day at the Miami International Airport. I was pleased with my selection of this hotel.

The hotel is almost brand new, well designed, spacious, contemporary, clean, comfortable and affordably priced ($79.00 on 5/31/2012).

My room consisted of a seperate sleeping and sitting area. There was a very nice TV in the room and there was a microwave and refrigerator that I did use.

In the morning a breakfast was served which included a few hot items like biscuits and gravy as well as an assortment of baked goods. There was cereal and do-it-yourself waffles. They also had yogurt and fruit.

I took the shuttle to the airport which was just a few minutes away. If you have to catch a flight at a certain time, verify the when the shuttle leaves the airport from the hotel.

My only complaint abou the hotel was a charge of $2 for a safe that was added to my bill without notifying me during the booking process or at check-in. I know many hotels do this now, but it is something that I found very sleazy and will always mention it and speak up about it because it is a very questionable business practice. They should included all service is the rate or disclose additional charges very clearly. I did send multiple emails to the General Manager Mr. Chowdhury and finally Ms. Chennis from sales responded to me and waived the charges. I would recommend anyone that checks into this hotel to ask that those additional charges be removed if you are not going to use the safe.

Despite being upset about the safe, I would certainly return to the Comfort Suites as it was a very beautiful hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear ColombiaRiz,

The staff and management at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for writing such a glowing review. It always pleases us when such an accomplished contributor reviews our property. I am equally enthusiastic to read that you loved the room and had a chance to enjoy our delicious breakfast. We do provide our guests with a safe in the room to store their valuables. I spoke with Mr. Chowdhury and I see that he removed the charge and emailed you a new bill. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you again and think of us the next time you’re planning a trip to Miami.

Fort Myers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel has a beautiful lobby with lots of seating, a stocked bar and a nice breakfast. The room decor is great. I had reserved a two room suite that was lovely. Had a separate living room and kitchen area with a table that would expand to seat four. However, the bathroom is next to the door where you enter and quite a long hike from the bedroom. The bathroom had a granite sink with lots of space a shelf below to hold your items. Great adjustable rain water shower head, There is free wireless and parking.Spacious desk with leather chair. The parking is a problem. The lot gets packed. There are just a few restaurants within walking distance. The pool was under repair, though no notice on their website. However, even if it wasn't, it is surrounded by tall walls and doesn't get much sun and was small.
So here were the problems. I checked into my two room suite about noon. I left at 12:30 and advised the front desk that the a/c was not working. When I returned at 8PM, it still wasn't working. I have no idea if anyone even looked at it as there was no note or message on my phone. I called the front desk, and of course, no one available to fix it, so they would move me to another room. So now I must pack up and they take me to a two room suite on another floor. I get there with the staff and guess what?? The a/c in this room was not working!!! How can they not know this? So now there are no two room suites left, so I go to a regular room. they did adjust my rate. This room was fine except the only drawers are three in the desk. In the two room, you have a separate dresser. There also is no kitchen table in this room. So while the A/C worked and was cold, in the middle of the night the unit began sounding like a truck was running. Woke me right up and had no choice but to turn it off. The in-room coffee is the worst I ever had. Not sure if its the coffee or perhaps the water. The bed was reasonably comfortable but a bit hard for my liking, lots of pillows. However, and this is a gripe I have with many hotel chains, there is only a sheet a comforter of the bed. (Just sheet too cold, comforter too warm.) However, there was a light blanket in the closet that worked just fine. All of the table lamps have plugs so you can plug in your cell phone charger or computer.
For the money, this is a good deal....if they just work on the A/C.

Room Tip: Room sits off the road so road noise is not a problem. There is no view from any window, so any roo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear sendmehome,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. At Comfort Suites, we take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. I certainly understand that the service challenges you experienced was both a disappointment and inconvenience on your visit. We appreciate your feedback and I will share this review with the staff making changes to ensure this issue will be resolved. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of service you have every right to expect from our hotel.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

From the start to the end, this place was the best I have stayd in. Was there about a month ago, and I cant say how well everything was, the rooms were great, beds are very confy, you can tell they just opened, and the staff was great like Mr.Michael, he was able to help me and my friends find a cool bar to hang out, and malls near by to shop. Great help, good rooms...can't say no more, but that i enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Tania S,

The staff and management at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for taking the time and posting a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you found our staff so helpful. It is one of the best parts of this job when we get such positive feedback. Michael is an excellent guest service agent. He is always willing to go that extra mile for our guests. Next time you come to Miami Springs, Florida it will be our pleasure to have you stay with us. Once again thank you for being a valued guest and for choosing Comfort Suites for your lodging needs.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel has to be one of the best run and attractive hotels that I’ve ever stayed in, regardless of rate paid. I would stay there again given the opportunity.

The lobby and room decor is modern and stylish and everything is clean, clean, clean. We had a king room that had a couch and sitting chair; a closet with safe, iron and ironing board; the room also had a fridge, coffee maker etc. and even an iPod docking station beside the bed! The bed was very COMFORTABLE, one of those cuddle you types that are so hard to leave in the morning!

The lobby has a fitness centre and a couple of computers to print off your boarding passes. The desk and room staff are very polite and efficient,

The breakfast (cereals, baked goods, eggs, sausages, waffles, yogurt etc.) is in the lobby and appears to have a higher standard than the usual “free breakfast” that you find. BUT that higher standard still doesn’t deter people from showing up in their PJs! What is it about people that prompt them to do that? I don’t want to see you in your PJs, get dressed before you come down to the lobby for breakfast.

Parking is a bit of a challenge, but I was told to use the Days Inn space too as they share the property. Pool is nice and clean and large.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear curlermon,

The staff and management would like to thank you for writing such a glowing review. I am delighted to see that our hotel was so well received. We all work hard ensuring every guest share your feeling towards our property. I am equally enthusiastic that you were able to enjoy all the free amenities we offer. I will be sure to share your review with all the staff members. Thank you once more and we would be honored to have you stay with us a second time.

Cary, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights in June 2012. Room was very spacious and clean, including a small refrig & microwave. The room had a small closet with a safe that was at the far end of the room (a bit odd - the closet wasn't near the door). Beds were comfortable. My son wasn't happy with the TV channel selection (which was a bit more limited than other hotels). Breakfast buffet was nice with lots of options. My biggest complaint was their lack of parking at the hotel. The front staff was friendly, but the one person I asked directions for - was not very helpful, and when I asked a rough distance (is it 1 mile, 5 miles, 10 miles, etc), he said he really didn't know. Free internet in the room (I used an ethernet cable - and internet speed was quite good).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear alj1982,

The staff and management at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for writing a review. I am delighted that your room was so well received. In contrast you have my apology that the front desk did not take the time and look up directions for you. This is not the type of hospitality we wish to convey to our guests. I will be looking into the matter personally and making sure the staff is aware of the website Mapquest for directions. We deeply value your patronage and hope that you choose to stay with us again. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of service you have every right to expect from Comfort Suites.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

i stayed in the hotel in the month of Jan-12.
It's a brand new hotel and you can smell it. Everything is clean and proper. Staff is super helpful. They even have airport shuttle to the airport.
I am a choice member and booked this hotel with my 2011 travel points.I stayed for two nights.

Rooms are very big , comfortable and had microwave and refrigerator. Plenty of windows to look out .Breakfast was also wonderful and very complete with wide varieties.I would definitely stay here again.
Location was a little off as nothing really close where you can just walk.

I would like to thank the wonderful staff ...

Room Tip: choose higher floor rooms with airport view
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear SKDas,

The staff and management at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for taking the time and posting a review of our property. I am glad to see that the hotel was so well received. I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff. I am equally enthusiastic you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast. We think breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that is why we ensure it is stocked with a wide variety of food. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Sofitel Miami
Sofitel Miami
#35 of 115 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 2,941 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!