“Nice new hotel, with few minor issue...” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice new hotel, with few minor issue...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

For the price it was a bargain. Paid about $78/night in advance via internet. Rooms are larger than average. Parking was free (don't forget to get your parking pass at check in). Of course rooms and hotel were very clean and complimentary breakfast was a plus. Small weight room but ok, and two computers for guest use in the lobby. (which someone was always on), so take your own..wifi is free, just ask for access code at check in. Only couple of downfalls is the location. It is squeezed at a dead end across from a few homes. Not an idea place I thought to put a hotel. You can easily miss the turn to the hotel as well. Second, the parking lot was always full. Patrons had to make parking spaces wherever possible within the lot. There is an old adjacent hotel on the same property which makes parking almost impossible, especially at night. Other than that staff was great. I would probably opt to stay on the beach, next trip...if I can afford... as Miami Beach was about a 23 min drive one way, without traffic, plus at least one toll enroute about $1.25 in tolls (depending on your destinations). If you get stuck in traffic going or coming from the beach, it takes double+ the time, and rush hour traffic is awful!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear theoriginalwoman,

The management and staff would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review. It always pleases us when such an accomplished contributor reviews our property. I am glad to hear you were able to utilize all our free amenities. Most hotels in the area charge for parking, Internet and breakfast. We value our patron’s loyalty, so we offer these services free of charge. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you come to Miami Springs, Florida.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Marlton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night prior to going on the Carnival Imagination. I chose it due to recommendations on this site. They have free shuttles from the airport to the cruise terminal. They got me there in a timely manner and picked me up from the airport very promptly. The hotel itself is new and nice. The only problem I ad was with a broken air conditioner. They sent someone up right away to fix it and when it couldn't be fixed, they upgraded me. Again, they did this promptly. The breakfast was good and plentiful. The staff in the dining area were very courteous and helpful.

The area does not have much around it but we did go to a local place for cuban food and to buy some wine as you are allowed to bring one bottle per person onto the cruise. Very convenient. I recommended this to other passengers on my cruise for their next cruise.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a balcony suite. Very nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear dcruiser13

The Staff and I at Comfort Suites would like to convey our thanks for such a wonderful review. Hearing such kind praise is what makes this job so special. Every day we strive to make all guests feel like family. We pride ourselves in taking that extra time to get to know them. The stories of adventures and travels always bring smiles to our faces. I am sorry to hear that you had a problem with your air conditioner, but glad to see we upgraded you when the problem could not be fixed right away. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you come to Miami Springs, Florida.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here the night before our flight. It's very convenient to the Miami airport. The room and lobby were super clean and modern. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom was spotless. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2012
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear MermaidTears,

Everyone at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel. We love when a guest has such a great experience here that they want to share it with everyone. I am glad you found the rooms so clean and comfy. We will be sure to save a room for you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

LAREDO, TEXAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Hotel reportedly opened in Dec, 2011. Looked brand new. Stayed here one night enroute home from Peru. While we missed the first hotel shuttle from the airport, didn't wait too long for the next one for a quick trip to the hotel. Quick check in using AAA reservation for $89 plus tax for one king bed. Bed was very comfortable. Room was very quiet; no airplane/outside noise. Room had a sitting area with a sofa, coffee table, mini-fridge and tv also viewable from the bed. Large, clean bathroom. Super,filling breakfast. Shuttles to airport available every hour, on the hour.
No complaints. Highly recommend.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear POPA-JOE,

The staff and management at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We take great pride ensuring all our guests share your feelings. I am equally pleased that you found all the free amenities to be top tier at our hotel. Everyone here is delighted we were able to create such a lasting positive impression of our hotel and the services we provide our guests. I will be sure to share your kind words with all the staff members. Thank you again and we look forward to your return the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Burlington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed here pre cruise in late April and had our needs met at a good value when considering breakfast and the complimentary shuttles. Our flight arrived after 10:00 p.m. and we called to request a shuttle. Our driver was at the curb almost before we were. Our check-in took a few minutes because the desk clerk was obviously answering questions about booking a guest on the phone. We were able to make arrangements for an 11:00 a.m.shuttle to the port-although our family of four filled the last few spots on the list. Our room was graciously sized and clean. Everything was fresh and in well working order. My son says the couch sleeps great also. We were on the top floor and on a corner. The airport noise was dying down by this point of night and did not bother us. The planes began flying again fairly early, but that is to be expected. Breakfast was typical. The area was clean and well serviced. I did find the safe charge unusual from other hotels. Upon check-out, I mentioned this to the clerk and he asked if we had used it. I told him I had never even seen it. He did remove the charge. Our shuttle to the port was on time and met our needs well. The hotel has several amenities that we would have used has time allowed. My teen son spotted the military store from our window and we spent a few minutes there before catching the shuttle. Our stay exceeded our expectations for this trip. Thanks!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear MosinNagant,

Everyone at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for posting a review about your stay. It is one of the best parts of the job hearing from guests that we exceeded their expectations. All our staff members work very hard every day making sure all our guests have the same experience you had while staying at our hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to your return the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The shuttle bus was clean and ran once an hour. The driver recommended a few realitively close restaurants. Our room was a two queen suite with luxurious bedding. The granite bath was very upscale.
This hotel is a brand new build. Houses were demolished to accomodate the hotel. Its a few quick turns to the airport and car rental return. The uniformed front desk was very engaging and the breakfast attendant was very pleasant, even when she had to work on Easter Sunday.
I slept soundly and stayed again on my return from Cuba. The experience was equally as welcoming.
I must add that the hotel could not accomodate me the 2nd night of my return due to my lack of planning. The hotel manager arranged for his shuttle driver to take me to a nearby Sleep Inn to save me cab fare. Above and beyond!
The Honduran restaurant the driver recommended was walking distance and had tasty food though the place was loud. That is one drawback on this property is lack of easily accessible places to dine. However there was a Zagat rated Italian place a fast cab ride away called Basilica Ristorante and worth the fare.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear XCaliforniaGirl,

The staff and management at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for writing such a glowing review. I am equally excited that you found the staff and services we offer so wonderful. We work hard every day making sure all our guests share your feelings. It sounds that you found some of the local eateries to your liking. It is always great to be on vacation and sample different varieties of food. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you come to Miami Springs, Florida.

Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Before booking at the Comfort Suites hotel, my other consideration was Sofitel (due to tripadvisor review ratings). However, I chose Comfort Suites based on the tripadvisor reviews that I have come to trust through all my travels. So, it's after midnight as I sit in my Comfort Suties room...unable to sleep due to the noise. Aside from the sound of airplanes taking off overhead, the conversation and door slamming from people constantly coming and going in the hallways does not let up. Upon checking in, I explained to the front desk that I really needed a good night's sleep, and requested a room away from vending, elevators, etc. Walking into my room, I could see the airport from my window and after 3 planes tore overhead within a few short minutes, I went back downstairs asking for something facing the residential neighborhood on the other side of the hotel. The assistant manager was visibly agitated by my request (and I was the one being polite and apolgizing for having to make a room change). I was told that the only room remaining that would fit my request was on the ground floor. The room had a stale urine odor and, funny enough, had the exact same view as the prior room--overlooking the jet path into the sky. The only difference was that I was now 3 floors below the previous room. I headed back to the front desk, but the airport shuttle van had just arrived and the lobby was packed with people vying for a spot in line for check-in. As I had plans for a meetting 30 minutes away from the hotel, there was no way I could spend the time waiting in line in hope of yet another room. I find it interesting that previous reviews mention clean rooms with no airport noise. Aside from the funky urine smell, the bed sheets are stained, the plastic cups are cracked and useless, the air conditioner vibrates loudly, and the refrig smells like stale pizza. Parking here is also a huge hassle, as 1 lot is shared by several hotels: when I returned from my meeting around 9 pm, there were no parking spaces available. This will probably be my last time at a Comfort Suites and I'll now make a point at looking at other review sites besides tripadvisor, in order to get a more accurate picture.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere or bring earplugs and cleaning products
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Dear Travelspirit,
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our property. I am disappointed that you had a hard time sleeping in our hotel and that the staff was unresponsive to your needs. You have my sincere apology that our hotel was unable to surpass your expectations. As you can read from other reviews we have not had any complaints about noise from the airport. I shared your review with staff and management to be used as a training tool ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible. If you would like to discuss the matters in more detail please reach out to me at director.customerservices@gmail.com. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!