“Clean and new, but staff requires consistant training” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Wisconsin
“Clean and new, but staff requires consistant training”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

Chose this hotel for the pre-cruise free shuttle. Called the day before my arrival to schedule my transportation to the POM. Was told adamantly that I had to wait until I checked in to reserve our transportation. I explained that I would not be arriving until after 10:00pm, and that I wanted to secure an early departure, but was told if they fill one shuttle, they would get another one. What they failed to mention was that we would have to wait for the next "scheduled" shuttle time, if the time we wanted filled up.
When we arrived at the hotel to check in, I was told the shuttle that left when we wanted to leave was already booked, and we would have to leave later than we needed to go. Then the gentleman behind the desk told me, "You should've called earlier to reserve the shuttle." I explained that I had tried that, and was told I had to wait until check-in. He then
told me I could have called in the morning the day of my arrival. Apparently, that was allowed.
Why aren't all of the employees made aware of hotel shuttle policies? In the end, I had to book Super Shuttle at midnight for $55 to take us to the port. I'm disappointed to say the least. It's too bad, because the hotel itself is very nice. If you are going pre-cruise, call ahead to schedule your shuttle time. Hopefully, you will have better luck than we did.

• Stayed April 2012
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear TiffanyWisconsin,

I wanted to take the time and thank you for posting a review. I am sorry you received conflicting information about the shuttle services from our staff. We take guests critiques very seriously here at Comfort Suites. I have spoken with all our staff and made them aware that reservations to the port of Miami can only be made at check in. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. Once again you have my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced and I hope we can better serve you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

* Very comfortable bed, good quality sheets/comforter, had very good sleep
* Has bid desk with big drawer dresser
* Free shuttle to and from airport, very convenient
* Free breakfast saves lot of time

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear bobolee55,

The staff and management would like to thank you for posting such a positive review. I am glad to see you found your room comfortable and cozy. Being such a new hotel we get to offer our guests the most up to date rooms Choice Hotels offers. Just yesterday we had a Choice hotel film crew shooting a commercial of our hotel. This film will be shown at a hotel convention. Our facility is so new and innovative Choice Hotel & Suites is using us to exemplify the industry’s standards. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit to Miami Springs, Florida.

Blue Mounds, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed here the nights before and after a cruise out of the Port of Miami. We felt very safe in the neighborhood, the breakfast was much better than most, and the shuttle was prompt. The shuttle service is subcontracted, so you MUST get your name on the shuttle list when you make your reservation or you run the risk of having to wait.
. The rooms were VERY comfortable and well decorated. My only disappointment was that they don't make up the sofa sleeper in advance unless you specifically tell them to do so. Otherwise they'll just hand you sheets at the front desk. Unless I looked outside, I wouldn't know it was near an airport, as the rooms are really that quiet.

BTW, for those of you who geocache, there is one right outside the front door. But, be careful of muggles.

Room Tip: Don't get a room that overlooks the entrance overhang because they don't have darkening curt...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear zeffantm,

The staff and management would like to thank you for writing such a glowing review. It is one of the best parts of the job seeing people love our hotel and staff. It validates all the hard work we put forth everyday seeing someone so truly enjoy our property. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and happy hunting with geocache.

Best,
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is a brand new hotel located on perimeter of airport, ten minutes drive from pick up at Terminal. Service and quality of room was excellent with complimentary full breakfast and free transportation to the cruise port. Many cruise passengers were at hotel, but there was room for all. Hotel is in residential/commercial area but there is small grocery store on corner and McDonalds and Subway within 2 blocks safe walk. Very comfortable room with microwave and small refrigerator...Many excellent tv stations on large HD flatcreen.....highly recommended.

Room Tip: Book your ride to port early upon arrival
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear Conner2dood,

The staff and management would like to convey our thanks for such an accomplished reviewer posting such a flattering review. I am glad your transportation to the port was smooth and efficient. I am equally delighted you were able to enjoy breakfast the morning of your stay. We at Comfort Suites believe breakfast to be the most important meal of the day. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Carlisle, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We came in for a two night stay before leaving on a cruise. The front desk clerk when we checked in was great. Very helpful. Breakfast was very good. It had a convenience store just a partial block out the front door and Subway, McDonalds, IHOP and several other places to eat were within walking distance.

The staff was always friendly. Room and whole hotel was very clean and new. The shuttle to the port on our cruise day was great! Efficient, clean and stress free.

I am looking forward to staying here again the next time we're in Miami. Keep up the good work!

Dear Tania M,

Thank you for such a glowing review. I am very happy that you found our staff so helpful and courteous. Every day I witness my staff going above and beyond ensuring all guests feel like family. I am also glad we were able to make your vacation stress free by providing free transportation to the airport and cruise port. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My family of 5 stayed here pre cruise during our spring break. Great staff (especially Cruz, very nice breakfast staff), very clean rooms. Airport transfer was great, Port of Miami transfer very organized. Definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. Will stay again (hopefully soon).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear DarlaMac,

The staff and management would like to thank you for the glowing review. I am glad you found our staff extremely helpful and responsive. I am equally delighted you were able to utilize our transportation to and from the airport and cruise port. I know from personal experience how important these services can be for a weary traveler. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

wyandotte, michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

After a flight from Detroit, we got our rental car and within 5 minutes we were at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. Perfect directions to a nice, clean and friendly hotel. We were greeted by professional staff, providing us with information on places nearby to eat dinner and then headed to our suite. The room decorations looked new, they were clean, very comfortable and energy efficient. I must say that whenever I have a stopover in Miami, I will try book this Comfort Suite as it is in a perfect location, adjacent to the airport and expressways.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear lupo2390,

I am so delighted to see that a fellow Michigander found our hotel so comfortable and our staff so courteous. I love seeing Midwesterners come to Miami, Florida and have such a great experience at our hotel. I am ecstatic that you loved our hotel so much you will use it as your Miami home base. Thank you again for sharing your experiences and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Director of Customer Service

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!