“Very new, good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Cocoa
“Very new, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Still new but coming along well. The property is brand new, opened Dec 2011. Spotlessly clean, it offers the regular amenities: small gym,internet access (wired in rooms), 2 computer/1 printer business center, ATM onsite, free hot breakfast. Make-your-own waffles are a bonus!
There are still some rough spots that need polish: my 6:30 am wakeup call was not entered. The safe is automatically ADDED to your bill, be prepared to ask to have the additional $2.00/day charge removed. Parking is shared with the (rather scruffy) Days Inn directly in front, be prepared to creatively park.
Aside from very tiny glitches this is a good business hotel at a great location. You are, literally, across the street from the airport.

Room Tip: South side faces airport but hotel is well soundproofed.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Dear DucSS,

The management and staff at Comfort Suites would like to convey their gratitude for such a flattering review. You have my sincere apology that you never received your wakeup call. I will speak with the staff and make sure this never happens again. I know from a professional standpoint how extremely important wakeup calls can be for a business traveler. I am glad to see that the rest of your stay was first-class. If you travel again to the Miami area, please give us the pleasure of serving you again.

Director of Customer Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Pros
Excelent hotel. Very new. Comfortable and absolute clean. Very good gym. Zero noise from airplanes. Free internet service.

Cons
Breakfast is very good, but may improve a little. Few parking available. Must add a shuttle to airport.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear Assaman,
I just wanted to take the time and thank you for your glowing review. Seeing our valued guests respond in such kind words is really what makes this job special. I am glad you were able to use so many amenities while you stayed with us. Please keep us in mind the next time you travel to Miami.

orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

Excellent new little hotel by the airport! Comfortable rooms, tastefully decorated, excellent breakfast, and transportation to the airport!! Best price and location!! I highly recommended!!

• Stayed February 2012
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Dear chamosvargas,

Thank you for taking the time by posting a review. We here at Comfort Suites love seeing guests responses posted online. I am glad to see that you were able to have breakfast with us the morning of your stay. We pride ourselves on the numerous options available at breakfast. You might be a guest who wants to indulge in fruit topped waffles or a guest just looking for a good cup of Joe. Here at the Comfort Suites we cater to all different type of breakfast patrons. Thanks again and hope to see you the next time you visit Miami.

Circleville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed for one night before driving down to Key West. New hotel, very clean, quiet. The hotel has a complimentary breakfast including eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, waffles, many varieties of coffee and juice, donuts, etc.

We used an airport shuttle and didn't have a vehicle. There are no restaurants within walking distance, and it's not a very good area. That can be a challenge when you arrive hungry! One tip - the pizza flyers shoved under your hotel door are not from the hotel...always call the front desk and ask for a recommendation. We did this and had great pizza!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear kamy52364,
The staff and management at Comfort Suites want to thank you for staying with us and posting such an insightful review. It is our goal to ensure every guest receives 5 start services while staying at our hotel. I am glad to see that the breakfast was well received. It is our hope that if you come to Miami again you will grace us with your presence.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

There were multiple things wrong with my stay.

When I arrived, I asked for a shuttle to the cruise port. They said they had 9:45 AM available but I saw that there were later times so I asked for that, and they would not allow it. I said that I didn't want to go that early because I couldn't check-in that early and there is nothing to do at the port. They would not change this for me. I even explained to them that this is why I booked this hotel because of the free cruise shuttle. It should be stated somewhere on the site that the shuttle is so early and that people may have to wait at the port with nothing to do for a few hours.

The website also advertised a managers cocktail special. When I asked about this, no one heard of this...not even the bartender.

When I booked our room, I booked the suite for the wet bar. A wet bar in the hotel means that the fridge will be stocked. When a hotel advertises kitchenette, then that is a sink and refrigerator which is what I got. I once again, went to the desk to discuss this and they were extremely rude. I asked again about the cruise shuttle and they refused a later time.

Breakfast area is extremely unorganized. Plates should start off the line...not be in the center of a table. People were all over the place because of the disorder of the set up.

Pool was freezing cold.

If it wasn't for the bartender, we would have had a horrible stay. All of the staff except him were extremely rude and nothing was what it said it was.

I was highly anticipating this hotel but they have a lot of kinks to work out.

Room Tip: Not worth getting the large suite.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Dear cmm14,

I wanted to take the time and thank you for filling out the survey. It is deeply upsetting that you experienced anything but perfection from our hotel. We constantly strive to improve the services we provide our guests and take issues very seriously. Being a new property, we still have small kinks to whether through. I am happy to report that we reorganized the breakfast bar to create an improved flow. As a guest your critiques help us to become a stronger property and for this I thank you. If you ever travel to Miami again please give us another chance. I am certain we can go above and beyond your expectations.

Director of Customer Service
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

New is why we chose it as I am not keen on the area. However our thre night stay was just fine. Excellent room, confortable bed, plenty of towels, clean and well cleaned. Breakfast was better than expected. Parking is shared with Days Inn so can get difficult. Wifi was a variable. Good value. Recommended

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed night before flight home. Pros . . . very nice large double queen suite with sofa, coffee table, kitchenette, large washroom and PLENTY of towels. Staff very friendly and enjoyed the pool. Cons . . . . told to come back in an hour and room would be ready but ended up being 3 hours, had to ask cleaner (working in next room) to come back and "re - clean" the toilet and limited shared parking with Days Inn next door. Overall though a nice place and would consider staying there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!