We stayed at this property after it had only been open for 2 weeks, so I'm blaming some of our difficulties on that. First the positives: Brand new hotel, nicely decorated, fairly large rooms, walk-in shower, nice outdoor pool area, 5 minutes from MIA, free shuttle service to the hotel AND to the Port of Miami. The shuttle to the port is run by an independent contractor and is very well organized. They offered a return shuttle to the hotel or airport for $10 (which worked out very well on the return).
Here's the difficulties we experienced: We called the shuttle from an airport phone and were told it was on it's way. Then we waited about 30 minutes with no sign of the van. Next I called the phone number on my confirmation and found that number was for the Comfort Suites in Ft. Lauderdale. Frustrated, we ended up taking 2 cabs (5 of us) which cost us $30. Staff at check-in didn't give us any sympathy and commented they were "new" when I asked about the wrong phone number. Next, their computer system showed 1 room when my printed confirmation showed 2. Thankfully there were rooms available, but this took additional time to set up. One of the elevators was not working, so we ended up taking the stairs most of the time.
The breakfast buffet is standard with some waffle makers; however, it's very congested and seating is very tight during prime hours. The woman refilling everything was running around like crazy to keep up. The only restaurants in the immediate area are a Subway and an Ihop about 2 blocks away.
As I stated earlier, I think many of the frustrations are due to being a new hotel. This should be a good choice if you are looking for somewhere before you sail out.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Miami Airport North Hotel
- Comfort Suites Miami Airport North Hotel Miami Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, Comfort Suites Miami Airport North gives you plenty of space to relax and regroup. A premier option among Miami suite hotels, the brand new Comfort Suites® Miami Airport North is just 5 minutes from Miami International Airport and offers free transportation to both the airport and the Port of Miami. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Comfort Suites Miami Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.