“I won't go in much detail” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Sydney
“I won't go in much detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

The 2 previous reviews that are already up describes it perfectly. But I wanted to add my 2 cents and say that it is really nice staying in a new and modern hotel. It had the new smell as well! I only stayed though because I had a $71 voucher (normal price is $119). Parking was a bit weird as it shared a parking lot with Days Inn, if a lot of guests come with cars not sure if you will have parking. For something close to the airport it was surprisingly quiet too which was a plus. However, given the standard of the hotel I would have expected breakfast to be just as impressive but I think it is just acceptable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
tracy randall r, Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. We are delighted you enjoyed our new hotel. However, please accept our apologies that we failed to meet your expectations regarding the breakfast service. Your comments have been shared for future improvement. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kind regards,
Tracy Randall
Guest Experience Specialist

571 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Boca Grande, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

It's not often I get to write a review so positive as this - last year I had over 80 hotel nights and didn't find a hotel this good.

To start, it is a brand new hotel, opened last Thursday. Choice Hotels did a lot of things right when they built this Comfort Suites (Airport Miami North). By the way, there are two Comfort Suites in this area, so be sure to go to this one. The price is very reasonable as well.

First, the hotel itself is beautiful, very neutral earth tones, but also modern design with nice appointments. When you walk in, you are greeted by friendly hotel in a beautiful lobby. There are 5 floors and about 100 rooms and they are all suites. The rooms are fairly big and have all the amenities a traveler needs, microwave, fridge, iron/board, large flat screen. Bedding is white and was wonderfully clean, They also have a system where you place your hotel key card in a holder beside the door, so when you take it out and leave, the lights go off (environmentally friendly).

What I find really ingenious, is the hotel is built parallel to the airport runways, so the planes do not fly over the hotel, just run along beside it. So the noise is not a problem. If you like watching planes takeoff and land, you get a birds eye view from the room we were in on the 5th floor.

They also made the hotel quite soundproof. Also, they are really convenient to the airport, I think 1 1/2 miles, and run a shuttle to/from the hotel (they share it with the Days Inn).

There is an outdoor seasonal pool (unheated) and a nice fitness room. Breakfast was good, standard Comfort Suites fare, waffles, bacon/sausage, fruit, yoghurt and all kinds of bakery items. I even found the (bold) coffee good (I am very fussy when it comes to coffee, can't stand the weak stuff).

We found only a couple of restaurant within walking distance, but there are a few you can order in from.

I think these guys have a gold mine here, they really thought of everything. So get there if you need a hotel stay in Miami. We weren't even flying, we just drove into Miami and wanted a decent hotel.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the 5th floor to watch the flights.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
What wonderful compliments to our new hotel and team! We are delighted your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North was an outstanding one where you were able to take advantage of our amenities and enjoy the ambiance of the new hotel. We look forward to serving you again on a future visit to the Miami area.
Kind regards,
Tracy Randall
Guest Experience Specialist
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

It's like stepping into a new car -- only this time a brand new hotel. The luggage carts are still shiny, the hotel van is new -- and even the Rubbermaid cleaning carts are still fresh and clean.

Of course, with new properties there are still a few minor details to work out. They said they weren't able to register me for the Choice Privileges program because their front desk computer wasn't connected to the main program yet. And the wireless internet in the room wasn't connected and had to be manually set after I called down twice..

The elevator was shiny and new. And their were no tell-tale scuff marks on the walls yet.

Inside the room -- which had a nice sitting room -- I did say to myself, "I think they designed this for tall people." Not that I'm short -- but the desk was too tall for me to comfortably sit at and utilize.

Even the sink was a little too high to comfortably reach and grab my toiletries. Still everything was brand spanking new.

The first shuttle to the airport departed at 6 a.m. -- the same time the breakfast kitchen opened. I had to settle for the "grab and go" brown-bag breakfast -- which was nothing more than an apple, a granola bar, a bottled water and two peppermint candies. I had to give up the make-your-own-waffles and the advertised breakfast sandwiches. The next shuttle left at 7 a.m. -- which was too late to catch my morning flight.

The staff was friendly and polite. There was one manager that seemed to be "all business" when talking to guests. But other than that, it was great to be one of the first guests to sleep on a brand new Simmons bed in a brand new property seconds away from MIA airport.

Room Tip: Great grand opening promotional price right now!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!