“Give and Take” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Huntington, New York
“Give and Take”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My first stay at this motel was in February 2015. The first time you are there it tends to feel unsafe and a little creepy only at night. I have stayed at this motel and nothing happened to me. The rooms at this motel are large and the fact that there is a refrigerator and microwave helps any traveller save money where food can be stored and reheated. The rooms were very clean for my initial two stays. On my third and 4th stay I did notice hairs from previous guests as mentioned in other reviews on this site. The staff is not hands on but if you need something they will get it for you right away and if there is a problem with the room they will fix it or immediately change your room. They do offer breakfast but I did not have time to partake.. There is a deli across from this motel which I found the employees to be quite unfriendly and will frequently get your breakfast order wrong after you have waited a long time. It's better to head to the IHOP or Denny's up the road. You also have to be careful in calling a cab to the airport. Many times they will not show up due to the short distance to the airport that does not yield very much on their meter. I personally drove a few guests that were left taxi less to the airport. You will also see a parked shuttle bus on this property but no one operates it. The beds here are very comfortable and the wifi is terrific. I would recommend this place if you are comfortable with a no frills basic motel. You definitely have to be very independent here but it is safe as the entire place is on camera.. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are the best for convenience
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ashburn, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We got stuck in Miami for the night after a canceled flight. Spring Break...Miami...This place was $160...everything else was $350. How bad could it really be for just one night? Checked in (the registration desk is behind bullet-proof glass). Was told how to get to our room. Got scared as soon as we walked in. The area is sketchy, wasn't sure where we'd go to eat plus we needed to make sure we'd be back before it got dark out- I would have been petrified to walk in the dark. There was construction going on next door. My husband checked the door and it wouldn't fully lock. My husband pulled down the bed sheets and says we won't be staying here. I start looking on the internet for more places to stay. Was able to find one at Embassy Suites for $250. My husband goes to tell the manager that we won't be staying here and he says, "Sorry. We have a 10 minute policy to change your mind- you've been here 20 min." WHAT?!?!?

We don't care- we leave and head to Embassy Suites, where for $100 more, we had a VERY nice hotel room with a 2 hour complementary happy hour!

I won't EVER stay at this place.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Farmington, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

$110.+ USD is the cost. for an average room...its clean and AC blasts cold air YAY!!! Restaurants,bar and lounge, fast food places, gas stations are a block away...conveniently walking distance is a plus.... Other Hotels along the same stretch as well. Close by to Miami Airport, also if you want fridge, microwave, and coffee makers you will pay about $25 more but its better than some of the hotels offering cheaper rates and have very piss poor services and very loud annoying AC's...

Room Tip: If you want more amenities, pay the extra its worth it. You actually get decent rooms with a small k...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Mount Albert Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

12" LCD TV IN A WOODEN BOX.....The Plywood to build the 'box' was worth more than the TV....Most DISGUSTING place I've stayed in, in my LIFE! (And I'm 64)......If you can book this Place for $10.00, you've paid $5.00 too much !

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Horley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014 via mobile

Motel was average but good size with 2 rooms and little kitchen was just enough and air conditioning was good too a little noisy but did the job location was ok 10 - 15 min from south Miami beach , parking was a little strange as it was next door but the had cctv . Not much for breakfast but little cafe next door was really good.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014 via mobile

Just one night it's enough. 96.00 the night no amenities in pictures looks great, the reality it's other.If included amenities and some renovations could be better.But at least look more clean than others but not changed the sheets I found hairs from others guest. (Nasty)need to have more
cares in the hygiene on the bedcloth.

• Stayed November 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

I had to overnight in Miami on my way to Tampa and happened to stumble across this Motel. The guy at reception was very friendly and me being a woman alone took me aside when he handed me the keys as he didn't want the guys in the reception area know in which room I stayed. The room was neat and tidy and the bed was most welcome after a 26 hour flight. I had a lovely hot shower the next day and must say that the bathroom was clean. When I checked out, they assisted me with my luggage and called the taxi to come and pick me up.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Parkway Inn Airport Motel? Share your experiences!