“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is a very nice looking restaurant that serves Thai and Japanese food. The restaurant is strategically located to serve many hotels close to the Miami International airport.

There is a large menu offering many varieties of food. Check www.suvimiami.com for details of the menu with color photos. You pay $1 extra for brown rice. I am glad they give you the choice.There are good lunch menus, but I went there for dinner. You also can get Asian and other foreign beers, sake and palm wine and other nonalcoholic drinks. The also serve desserts.

I had seaweed salad, which was very tasty. I also ordered their "homemade" green Thai curry, This dish was around $14.00, but was a bit watery and had mostly bamboo shoots than chicken. So, I guess it was not so tasty as green curry I have had many many times before. I asked spice level 4, which was spicy. A good thing was that they had not tried to balance the spice with sugar, which you often experience in Asian restaurants.

The food, including a corona beer came up to $28.00. I guess it was not terribly cheap or expensive. I liked the ambiance and the location of the restaurant. I can see myself going back and ordering one of the Thai specialties and some sushi.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have been going to Suvi for several years now. The food is ALWAYS excellent. In fact, this is one of the best Thai restaurants in my opinion. They also serve sushi and rolls. The ingredients are fresh and the portions are huge, especially the lunch portions. The prices are reasonable and the restaurant is spacious with high ceilings and very clean. One of my favorite dishes is the Thai basil chicken. I get cravings for this stuff! My husband’s favorite is the special fried rice. Their house soup, which is included in the lunch special, is amazing and their spring rolls are super delicious. I have to agree with some of the other comments about the service. Although I have never had bad service per se, some of the servers are very disengaged and almost mechanical. I suspect this may be due to a language issue and not because they are intentionally rude. In any case, the service is always prompt. Please do not pass up the opportunity to experience some of the most delicious Thai food you have ever had. After writing this review, I have decided to head there for lunch for the basil chicken. Mmmmm.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“How bad service spoils good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went there for lunch with some coworkers, ordered some thai noodles with shrimp and chicken (cant remember the name of plate) food in general was very good portions are very generous to be lunch specials! This is the first time i dine in I had previously ordered a couple of times to go, never disappointed. But for this first time dining in unfortunately the service was awful, i hope the service is not always like this because thats how good businesses go belly up. Waitress was very rude and unpleasant to top it off one of my coworkers had a hair in the soup... killed her appetite we called regarding this issue no apologies just took the soup back and brought (hopefully) another one, regardless my coworker didn't even want to look at the soup anymore.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami Springs, Florida
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have passed by this restaurant almost every day for the past couple of years and have never bothered to go inside. Well, I'm glad I finally did and cannot believe it took me so long! The food was delicious! Their special fried rice is amazing, full of chicken, steak, everything! And I love their spring rolls as well, they taste just like the ones from Sushi Saki. They are also super friendly and very good with children. I definitely recommend.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
miami
“Good food clean decent atmosphere average service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

after reading the reviews we decided to try this restaurant it was close and convenient from my work, the main dining room is open and very well lit. the servers seemed in a hurry and disengaged not just with us but with all the other patrons, I read the review about the servers being rough yes they are but they are not rude and will answer questions and attend to requests. To start we ordered a glass with water a Perrier and a shrimp roll appetizer, we received a coke and a Perrier and the mistake was promptly corrected. And the appetizer arrived quick too.we ordered the main entrees volcano chicken with fried rice and chicken soup and kanisu. Volcano chicken arrived and the kanisu arrived 10 minutes later there is no sync between the sushi bar and the inside kitchen. Enough about service quality ,the food was very well prepared and presented, the Thai volcano chicken was thinly sliced and fried crisp, the basil chili sauce had the right amount of heat and enhanced the chicken very well, the shrimp rolls were a delight crispy and paired with a honey chili sauce were very good, the kanisu was good and abundant prepared by the book with the right ingredients and very well presented good not extraordinary. Will we return to suvi. Not to dine in we will return for take out as the service needs to be improved. Servers need to be trained in basic manners and in customer service. If you are willing to look past the service the food is good and fresh and it might be worth a try as the prices are very reasonable.
I added some pictures for your enjoyment.

• Visited May 2013