“Good diner close to airport” 4 of 5 stars

305-887-0886
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 45 Restaurants in Miami Springs
Cuisines: Greek
Description: Nice, affordable and friendly place to eat near the airport. Close to Day's Inn; Runway Inn
Austin
“Good diner close to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Nice dining option for breakfast and lunch.
More like 3.5 than 4 but still a good choice
in this neighborhood. My recommendation
would be the Greek dishes.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami Springs, Florida
“Attitude Adjustment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My name is Mr. Mateu, I own a small bus company, with a 500% customer satisfaction rating. As a regular customer at this dinner, always for breakfast, $10 a pop, close to $300 a month, I was having breakfast this morning, my phone rang, and it was a gentleman inquiring about my mini-motorhome for sale that was parked outside. I was finishing up, and I told this friendly, good nature cuban girl, that I was going outside with the coffee mug, and i was coming back to order some food to go and settle the bill. When I returned, a slim, dark hair, hard face, no smile, ridiculed me in front of the patrons, and said not to ever do that again, and that she didn't want me doing business in her parking lot, and that she needed the space for her customers, what came out of her mouth was degrading, of poor taste, that at my age of 60, I have never heard an owner of a business ridicule a customer with a full restaurant. I answered back to her, that I really appreciated her concerns, but also that I would post this, so next time she would probably won't do this to another customer, after i drove off, I felt light headed, but i composed myself, thinking i was going to get an embolism. I realized afterwards that considering her looks, and maybe her age late 40's to 50, maybe she was going through her menopause. The food is great, but if you get upset after eating, it could kill you, so I rather live, and eat average food in a welcoming atmosphere, so make a visit to this place, at least once, and see for yourself and ask yourself, "Does she need attitude adjustment?, maybe she should sell the place, and become a prison guard in a hard core male institution. Case closed

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Tasty Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Very varied menu and everything on it is good. Have had breakfast lunch and dinner here and have only been disappointed once and that was on a day where they were extremely busy. Although NW 36th St is not the greatest spot in Miami I've never had a problem and a lot of Officers from the Miami-Dade P.D. like the place so I have never felt in danger. The two waitresses that are normally there are just great people and attentive.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“Good home cooking with a Greek accent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Walking distance to several hotel/motel units; clean; friendly; good food at very reasonable prices. Also has parking area if you come from further away. Quite a find--a shining spot in an otherwise rather mediocre industrial/airport/heavy traffic neighborhood.

Visited November 2012
Dorset
“Scary place? Not at all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We walked a little apprehensively from the nearby Days Inn and stood outside the diner trying to decide if the customers were going to eat us. One of the girls correctly assessed our fears and ushered us in with our drinks. From then, we felt welcome, and both the charming girls looked after us very well. They gave me lessons on proper tequila etiquette, and served us tasty back ribs, and delicious buttered herb chicken with plantain and veggies. In between we sunk a few beers and some good quality wine . ( The diner doubles as a liquor shop and the selection of wines is awesome!) As our last night in the USA, we couldn't have been happier.
Muchimas gracias para su amabilidad, y su comida... y sus bebidas!

• Visited November 2012