“Cool Concept - Needs Upgrading and Better Service - SMOKEY ROOM” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Alladin Hotel Miami

Save Saved
You added Alladin Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Alladin Hotel Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 S. Royal Poinciana Blvd., Miami Springs, FL 33166 (Formerly Royal Poinciana Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Cool Concept - Needs Upgrading and Better Service - SMOKEY ROOM”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Pros: Love that this hotel was an adult friendly hotel with an amazing adult concept. There are no shower curtains and a huge soaking tub for two. The hotel is like a mini townhouse studio because you have your own personal garage with garage door (ours didn't close though) and a personal staircase that leads up to your room. We were blown away by the room as there was a huge soaker tub on one side of the staircase with a nice lounging chair and the bed and huge stand up shower was on the other side of the staircase. I sent pics to friends and family and they were all blown away.

Cons: SMOKEY ROOM!!! The service is subpar. They could not locate my reservation when I arrived and I had to provide the email confirmation I received from my booking website. Each time you want to leave the premises, you have to wait until the front desk person buzzes you out of the gate. If they are not available or stepped away, you'll be waiting there for a while. IT'S TRUE... THERE AREN'T ANY BLANKETS -- JUST SHEETS. We thought this was a joke but there was no blanket in our room and we were freezing at night. I am glad I brought a small throw blanket to keep us semi warm. We had to request an additional wash cloth because they only provided one for a room for two. The bed sheet was not big enough to cover the mattress so the sides of the bed were exposed and the mattress was not very clean. Also, the bedskirt was stained (see picture). The closet shelf was also broken. Last, the check out process is horrible. The front desk clerk told us to pull our car around to the back gate (single lane so we would be blocking others that wanted to leave) and wait until housekeeping checked the room to make sure we didn't use any of the mini-bar or damage anything. Once they got the go ahead from housekeeping, the front desk attendant let us out of the gate. They do not put a deposit or hold on your credit card when you rent a room.

Overall: Great cost ($70 a night) for a very cool stay. Never been to a hotel like this and I can appreciate the kid-free atmosphere. We loved the hotel but would like to see some improvements before we return.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose a room that has a working garage door! The neighborhood is a bit sketch.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
Vermilion, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

From the moment I checked I checked in I felt a sense of privacy and romance. From the incense in the lobby to the sexy soaking tub in my room, I was impressed. I had the Moroccan suite it was beautiful. I loved the glass rainfall shower and the huge tub, the private garages and the comfortable huge bed with beautiful canopy with the softest sheets EVER! My room was fresh and clean! I will come back to Miami just to spend a few more nights here! 3 was NOT enough! I cannot tell you how impressed I was with this hotel. The staff was very discreet, you could not hear your neighbors and there was a Boose surround sound system in there. It was luxurious and relaxing. I love this place and will be recommending it to friends!

• Stayed May 2014
Aurora, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Formerly a "fantasy" hotel, looks like it rented by the hour. We had the "Morocco" room, with mirrors on ceiling, curtains around bed, soaking tub, etc. It was halfway clean, pretty well worn, they provide two small thin towels, tiny bar of soap and shampoo, a thin sheet, no blankets.

Staff treats guests like they all are potential criminals. Rooms are upstairs from a private garage for each room, but need to use room key to turn on electricity and leave it on while in room. Only rented it because all other reasonable hotels sold out, major events going on in Miami at the time.

No pool or restaurant, just a room. A fast food joint is down the block.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
Ieper (Ypres), Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Believe all the reviews you read here. Depending on your point of view, this hotel is either real good or real bad. We stayed here for two nights and found it to be not our cup of tea. We booked a standard room and the good thing about it was that it had our very own garage below the room, which was convenient.

But the room itself was without a window, the glass walk-in shower right next to the bed and the toilet had a glass door. Mirrors above the bed, mirrors as a headrest and a dirty old carpet leading up to the room.

Breakfast was a joke. Toast, 2 kinds of cereal and the usual drinks. Breakfast room was full of mirrors as well, by the way.

The staff member that checked us in was almost friendly, the others were almost rude. Checkin itself was pretty straightforward, checkout was a hassle: "wait in your car, someone will check your room and if all is ok, we will open the gates and let you out"

Lille, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I found the room nice and pretty comfortable, but service is awful. And for the free wifi offered, it is only available in the lobby ! And if you complain, don't be surprised if they simply hang up on you, it is as simple as that. So for the price we paid of 195$ a night, I am sure we can find a better place next time ! And by the way, there was no extra pillows and no bed cover !

Kaukauna, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

We just needed a place near the airport but other reviews say it all-2 skimpy towels, bad lighting, no place to hang things, felt like we were in a cave and creepy garage entrance and only a sheet to cover us and couldn't adjust temp. So glad to leave at 5am! But at least there was no smoking.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Newbury, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

1. Dirty room, carpets, bed and bathroom construction incomplete
2. NO WIFI in rooms as advertised. Did not work in common area either.
3. Must climb full flight of stairs to reach room. Very poor lighting.
4. Room had no windows, bathroom was entirely glass enclosed; no privacy

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Alladin Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!