“Useful as a stopover to somewhere else & the Miami airport, but....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Runway Inn

You added Runway Inn to your Saves list
Runway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   656 East Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Useful as a stopover to somewhere else & the Miami airport, but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Its a old, dated place - actually I think Kennedy & Monroe were dating when the carpet was laid. So, it has a bleached clean aroma - though it really was clean enough. The bathroom is about 5' x 5' for everything - I mean small. A fat person probably will not be able to sit on the toilet well, if at all (sorry to be graphic-but it is pertinent...). On the other hand you can say it has a 50's - 60's period feel with wood paneling & some darker colors. Though stressed, the receptionist was helpful and for the money it couldn't be more convenient to the airport. For the price this is really its main function unless you can handle a hostel, which couldn't be closer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear GetMeOuttaHerePronto,
Thank you very much for posting your review of the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. We are an older hotel, but our staff takes pride in keeping it maintained the way they do. Our hotel is an attractive layover destination because, as you stated, we are reasonably priced, and we also provide a free shuttle both to and from the airport. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New Britain, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Spoke to the agent at the front desk after I got stuck at the airport for 16 hours. Told him I booked a room online, he dismissed me, told me he's full and hung up on me before I could get a word in. Tried calling 3 times, same thing. I would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear syl711,
Thank you for posting your review of the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear about the experience you had when staying at our hotel. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. Our main objective is customer satisfaction, and it seems we did not do that in your case. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
walut grove, az
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We lucked out by getting a first floor room facing the runway. Didn't notice the runway noise. Room smelled of bleach, it was a renovated room, had 1 bed, was tiny and cramped, the mattress was extremely comfortable, the bathroom had no room for a toiletries bag, there were 2 electrical outlets in the room. Rooms have no insulation between rooms, so you are living with your neighbors. Price is $30-40 less than 2 nearby hotels we have experience with. Pick what is important, saving some money or getting a larger room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear upfisk,
Thank you for posting your review of the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy one of our recently renovated rooms, and found the accommodations to be comfortable as well. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. Our main objective is customer satisfaction, and it seems we did not do that in your case. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Dayton, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This motel was given a 3-1/2 star rating. I'm not certain how they received this as this is a very old, small rooms, uncomfortable location motel that has been re-furbished and not well maintained. The windows faced the parking lot and the air conditioning unit was very noisy.

Room Tip: Be wary of the rating
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear mary8756,
Hilliard, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

As I was only staying overnight at this hotel, it was just ok. The room was just a room. A bed, night table, tv. The bathroom left alot to be desired. I was not comfortable staying in this room. The staff was extremely helpful and lots of fun. The people I dealt with were very informative and had a sense of humor. This is a really old hotel and is located in a less than desirable location. For the price, I would stay here again, I think.

Room Tip: I did not see a restaurant or a swimming pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Pepsi38,
Thank you for posting your review of the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful, and was able to provide you with a good laugh during your stay. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Urbana, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I read the reviews before booking this hotel, but since it was around spring break all the other hotels were extremely pricey and we only needed a 6 hour stay before our cruise so we went with this anyway. I have to say the staff is friendly. We paid for a queen but they gave us a king. Walking into the lobby I was thinking it wasn't so bad! Then we walked upstairs and down the hallway. It seriously looked like The Shining. The carpets were filthy dirty and everything was just dingy. The rooms were not terrible but I have to say I did not have a good night sleep. I was worried bugs would crawl all over me when I slept! The door to the room wasn't very secure. We actually piled our suitcases up against the door to help secure it. We didn't have any issues with bugs or with the shower (as I read in other reviews). Overall, our experience wasn't the worst, especially for a 6 hour stay, but we wouldn't stay here again. The hotel needs major face lift-but then again if they did that then they would need to up their rates. My advice, stay in one of the other hotels that are around this one.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Pbes7,
Thank you for posting your review of the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. I am happy to read that our staff was kind and friendly, and that they were able to upgrade your room. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Olathe, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I would not stay here again, we had to shower with the sink running to get hot water. There are bugs flying around in the shower, the floors are nasty. There are 23 cats living in the garden area outside the hotel window. The doors are really thins so you hear everything. I called to complain about all of this once we got home because there were so many people in the lobby i didn't want to make a sean and the front desk manager Aziz hung up on me and told me there dont have any problems with there hotel. After reading the reviews they clearly do. Stay away from this place unles you want to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay away NASTY
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!