“Not good” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was the worse part of our Two week vacation,We stayed one night before going on cruise and one night coming back,You get what you paid for.We also found a Cock roach in our room,the bathroom was old and small.The shower was in bad need of replacing all the glass around it and the shower valve did not mix the water coming out at all,it was to hot or to cold.The room was somewhat clean,but they all need alot of upgrades,The shuttle service was 2 hours late picking us up from the airport,I called them 3 times ,they said it would be a only a 1/2 hour at most before they got there.Then we got picked up with another hotels shuttle service because they didn't come.There was only One Bus to the Port for the cruise,It was so full they had to call for another bus.We had to make our own shuttle back from the port to the hotel,We tried to change hotels but all were booked full.Only a couple of good things, the Free cont.Breakfast was good,It was close to the port and the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Kelowna, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Wow, this is like stepping back in time. This does not look like a good part of town when you arrive. The whole hotel looks like something from the 20’s. It is sadly in need of a lot of upgrades. The room was shabby, the bathroom falling apart and the closet - you would not want to hang your clothes in it. The TV was a Zenith 19” old style TV with a large back to it. There was a badly stained chair in the room that you really would not want to sit in. However, the sheets were clean and the bed not too bad. There was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room and none available in the lobby. No fridge or microwave in the room either. The reception area is very antiquated with an old wooden box/slot file system behind the desk. The window in the room was very dirty and looked at a concrete wall about 5 feet away. Walls are thin so you can hear the talking in the next room. The shower tap poured like a regular tap not a shower and ran hot and cold alternately not mixed together. The corner stall shower leaked. This hotel is not like the pictures. We were actually surprised the following morning when we went to the breakfast buffet. Small buffet in a small room behind the reception but juice, tea, coffee, bagels, breads, cereal, no fruit. The shuttle was OK to and from the airport though. Given a choice I would pay extra and stay somewhere else. Price was Cdn $98.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Anyone choosing this location should definitely be aware that this is a budget airport hotel. If you are looking for the least expensive option for an overnight stay by the Miami International Airport, then this place will suffice. The shuttle service was fast and efficient. Besides the location, I was not impressed with the facilities (my room did not have a deadbolt lock nor did the hotel have an elevator), but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

So the price was great. The website stated free shuttle to and from airport. Well don't fly out after 1130 am, if you do expect to take a taxi. Free shuttle to the port of Miami, one shuttle a day which they don't tell you. The rooms are extremely small, the whole hotel smells like mildew and we found a bug in our room, but they moved our room, how nice. It is in desperate need of renovation, I felt very uncomfortable. So I have learned that you get what you pay for so I shouldn't have had a high expectation and those is my reason for scoring this hotel at a 2. On a good note the Peruvian restaurant close by was pretty good!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have finally stayed at a place so bad, I had to write a review. My wife and I just needed a hotel to stay the night between flights that had an airport shuttle. We went with the cheapest and it ended up costing us. Our flight got into Miami at 6:30 pm at night. The shuttle did not get us until 9:30 pm. We saw every other hotel come through at least 3 times. Every time I called, I was told the shuttle was 5 minutes away and that I needed to be patient. When we got to the hotel and I expressed that it was unacceptable, I was told the driver was busy because the shuttle does 3 other hotels as well. We had a flight out the next morning and confirmed with the front desk that the shuttle would be running. We were told yes and that we just had to be outside 10 minutes before the scheduled time. When we came down at 5:20 am in the morning there was not anyone at the front desk. We waited until the pickup time and were not surprised to see no shuttle. I could not ask anyone for help because there was no one on the desk for me to ask or even check out. I walked across the street to another hotel and asked for them to call me a taxi, which they nicely did. So $16 additional added to our hotel room brought our total cost to $106. We left 20 minutes later than we were supposed to and because of how slow security was we made it to our gate as the doors were closing (although we now know that we should have given ourselves an extra 30 minutes at Miami International, that 20 minutes made a big difference).

We stayed for the shuttle, but clearly that was a bad idea. In addition to the awful service, the place is worse condition than every hostel that I have every stayed in. We are not very picky or high maintenance and have stayed at some not nice places around the world, but this place did not have a single redeeming factor. Stay far away. Spend a little more money and get a reliable place with better service.

Room Tip: I cannot image there is a good room in this place.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Worst thing about this hotel is there in no carpet in the hall or the room we stayed in. Because of no carpet it was cold and everything echos so we were up all night from noise on the halls plus our neighbors talking. Also when we got to our room we were very unsatisfied with how dingy and tiny the bathrooms were. Also the bed was really uncomfortable. Best two things about the hotel were close to airport and service was great.

• Stayed January 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My initial review on this location was...eh, location looks a little shady, but manageable. The staff seemed very friendly and accommodating and held our room even when we were running late. Rooms are small and could use an updating, but for the price it's decent. For the people who complained about the location...get over it, because Miami Beach is only 8 miles away. The breakfast is small and should be. If you want eggs benedict, go to Cracker Barrel. We were here for a cruise to the Bahamas, so we didn't want to pay to much for a room. I actually recommend this location, but only if you need somewhere to shower and sleep at night...not stay in during the day.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!