“A budget airport hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A budget airport hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Anyone choosing this location should definitely be aware that this is a budget airport hotel. If you are looking for the least expensive option for an overnight stay by the Miami International Airport, then this place will suffice. The shuttle service was fast and efficient. Besides the location, I was not impressed with the facilities (my room did not have a deadbolt lock nor did the hotel have an elevator), but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

544 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

So the price was great. The website stated free shuttle to and from airport. Well don't fly out after 1130 am, if you do expect to take a taxi. Free shuttle to the port of Miami, one shuttle a day which they don't tell you. The rooms are extremely small, the whole hotel smells like mildew and we found a bug in our room, but they moved our room, how nice. It is in desperate need of renovation, I felt very uncomfortable. So I have learned that you get what you pay for so I shouldn't have had a high expectation and those is my reason for scoring this hotel at a 2. On a good note the Peruvian restaurant close by was pretty good!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have finally stayed at a place so bad, I had to write a review. My wife and I just needed a hotel to stay the night between flights that had an airport shuttle. We went with the cheapest and it ended up costing us. Our flight got into Miami at 6:30 pm at night. The shuttle did not get us until 9:30 pm. We saw every other hotel come through at least 3 times. Every time I called, I was told the shuttle was 5 minutes away and that I needed to be patient. When we got to the hotel and I expressed that it was unacceptable, I was told the driver was busy because the shuttle does 3 other hotels as well. We had a flight out the next morning and confirmed with the front desk that the shuttle would be running. We were told yes and that we just had to be outside 10 minutes before the scheduled time. When we came down at 5:20 am in the morning there was not anyone at the front desk. We waited until the pickup time and were not surprised to see no shuttle. I could not ask anyone for help because there was no one on the desk for me to ask or even check out. I walked across the street to another hotel and asked for them to call me a taxi, which they nicely did. So $16 additional added to our hotel room brought our total cost to $106. We left 20 minutes later than we were supposed to and because of how slow security was we made it to our gate as the doors were closing (although we now know that we should have given ourselves an extra 30 minutes at Miami International, that 20 minutes made a big difference).

We stayed for the shuttle, but clearly that was a bad idea. In addition to the awful service, the place is worse condition than every hostel that I have every stayed in. We are not very picky or high maintenance and have stayed at some not nice places around the world, but this place did not have a single redeeming factor. Stay far away. Spend a little more money and get a reliable place with better service.

Room Tip: I cannot image there is a good room in this place.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Worst thing about this hotel is there in no carpet in the hall or the room we stayed in. Because of no carpet it was cold and everything echos so we were up all night from noise on the halls plus our neighbors talking. Also when we got to our room we were very unsatisfied with how dingy and tiny the bathrooms were. Also the bed was really uncomfortable. Best two things about the hotel were close to airport and service was great.

• Stayed January 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My initial review on this location was...eh, location looks a little shady, but manageable. The staff seemed very friendly and accommodating and held our room even when we were running late. Rooms are small and could use an updating, but for the price it's decent. For the people who complained about the location...get over it, because Miami Beach is only 8 miles away. The breakfast is small and should be. If you want eggs benedict, go to Cracker Barrel. We were here for a cruise to the Bahamas, so we didn't want to pay to much for a room. I actually recommend this location, but only if you need somewhere to shower and sleep at night...not stay in during the day.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kingston, Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stayed here for just one night due to a flight cancellation. It's one of the most affordable hotels close to the airport, but you get what you pay for. The hotel's decor was outdated, the room was small, and the complimentary breakfast was average at best. All in all not bad if you're flying out of MIA and need to stay just one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The receptionist was friendly but the room is really small, no free electrical outlets. Bathroom was tiny, no coffee machine in the room. Rooms are not sound proof and the air conditioner was noisy.
There is no elevator.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!