“Free 24 hour Airport Shuttle” 3 of 5 stars

Runway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   656 East Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Winnipeg, Canada
“Free 24 hour Airport Shuttle”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfect for a one night stopover. It is an old hotel, but has been renovated. Sound proofing not great but acceptable. Air conditioning was perfect. A few restaurants close by (Honduran, Peruvian and Airport Diner which served burgers, all day breakfast and Greek food). Internet was working in the lobby only. Great 24 hour shuttle service.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Somonauk, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We researched hotels prior to traveling, and read online that this facility which is considered an airport hotel, had amenities including on-site restaurant, bar and pool. It has none of those now. It is also in a run down area of town, and I wondered about our safety. To eat at a "decent" chain restaurant we had to drive 10 miles. Fortunately we had a rental car. The room smelled so bad that we could not stay in it. I do believe it was some sort of cleaning chemicals, but I was having asthma like symptoms and I don't have asthma, so we asked to be moved. The shower stall was glass, and the glass looked like it had not been cleaned. I would NOT have taken a shower. The overall impression was a once nice but now neglected and run down building in a bad area of town. The second room we were offered was sufficient for us to sleep in and then leave. My advice is to avoid.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

A group of us arrived in miami a day before our cruise and this location was chosen due to the free shuttle service airport/ cruise port & price. Unfortunately apon arriving, there was a odor of off brand pine sol thoughout lobby area, the hot water in our room did not stay on long enough for a quick shower, there aren't really any good places for you to eat near by as stated on their website, but there is a restaurant called Miami Grill & Subs that has excellent food about 3-4 blocks walking distance; they do serve a complimentary breakfast, but this is also share with two other hotel locations so you might have a problem finding a place to sit....and if you are allergic/ afraid of cats, I would not choose this location because they are everywhere outside building!

• Stayed October 2013
Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had booked with Days Inn Miami North (sp), but they cancelled my reservation (completely ignoring my note on my reservation. Anyway, fortunately, Runway was not full, so I stayed there. The room was adequate for a late night stay over. However the carpet was not vacuumed, at least one sheet had a smudge on it. The bathroom seemed clean. The rate for a twin bed room was under $60. I was not too impressed with the customer service service, they need to improve it.

Room Tip: If you have a layover, it's okay. Please do not have high expectations.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Rishton Lancashire England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Booked this hotel as it offered free pick up from Miami airport and also free transfer to cruise terminal. okay for one night stay either from or to airport. would not recommened for longer visit .
Staff very helpful noisy aircon and no coffee in room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed at Runway Inn and was perfect, they picked me up at the airport in less than 10 minutes and the hotel was nice, some people here think that for the price they are paying they will receive 5 stars... come on!! it's cheap but it's reasonably confortable, it was perfectly clean, the desk clerk was really friendly and helped me with everything I needed even with a non scheduled ride to my greyhound station next day....
I had a great night.
The only bad thing is that there's nothing nearby to buy groceries or some food and the safebox was not working... despite of that it was just perfect for the casual traveler who don't like to complain like they're paying $1000 a night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Martinique Saint-esprit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The receptionist was rude when I called to enquire.
There was no elevator. My room was upstairs and I had two heavy suitcases.
The receptionist carried them to the top of the stairs and I had to manage to my room.
Upstairs it was like a cloud of smoke.
The whole hall stink of smoke.
The room stink of cigarette smoke.
It was twenty past eleven at night when I arrived and I was exhausted.
So I had to stay, as I had already paid the 58.50 dollars.
People were talking and shouting very loudly.
I tried to open the windows to get some fresh air.. Impossible/ the windows would not open.
The air conditioner was extremely noisy.
When I turned it off, The televisions from the other rooms were so loud that I decided to put the air condition on again, because it was better than the shouts from the TV .
When I opened the bed sheets, there was a black stain on the sheet. There were ants running on the pillow and on the floor near the bed.
The breakfast room was tiny there were four small tables. Therefore, some people had their breakfast standing.
The room itself was very old, with cracked old paint.
The lampshade fell when I tried to lit the lamp.
everything felt miserable and poor.
The bathroom , the sink and the toilet were clean.
However, when I moved the bedside table to pick my earring which had fallen, there were black dirty things on the floor.

Room Tip: If you are asthmatic or allergic to cigarette smoke, you should not step in this place; If you are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!