“Keep looking!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Keep looking!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

A group of us arrived in miami a day before our cruise and this location was chosen due to the free shuttle service airport/ cruise port & price. Unfortunately apon arriving, there was a odor of off brand pine sol thoughout lobby area, the hot water in our room did not stay on long enough for a quick shower, there aren't really any good places for you to eat near by as stated on their website, but there is a restaurant called Miami Grill & Subs that has excellent food about 3-4 blocks walking distance; they do serve a complimentary breakfast, but this is also share with two other hotel locations so you might have a problem finding a place to sit....and if you are allergic/ afraid of cats, I would not choose this location because they are everywhere outside building!

• Stayed October 2013

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had booked with Days Inn Miami North (sp), but they cancelled my reservation (completely ignoring my note on my reservation. Anyway, fortunately, Runway was not full, so I stayed there. The room was adequate for a late night stay over. However the carpet was not vacuumed, at least one sheet had a smudge on it. The bathroom seemed clean. The rate for a twin bed room was under $60. I was not too impressed with the customer service service, they need to improve it.

Room Tip: If you have a layover, it's okay. Please do not have high expectations.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Rishton Lancashire England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Booked this hotel as it offered free pick up from Miami airport and also free transfer to cruise terminal. okay for one night stay either from or to airport. would not recommened for longer visit .
Staff very helpful noisy aircon and no coffee in room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed at Runway Inn and was perfect, they picked me up at the airport in less than 10 minutes and the hotel was nice, some people here think that for the price they are paying they will receive 5 stars... come on!! it's cheap but it's reasonably confortable, it was perfectly clean, the desk clerk was really friendly and helped me with everything I needed even with a non scheduled ride to my greyhound station next day....
I had a great night.
The only bad thing is that there's nothing nearby to buy groceries or some food and the safebox was not working... despite of that it was just perfect for the casual traveler who don't like to complain like they're paying $1000 a night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Martinique Saint-esprit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The receptionist was rude when I called to enquire.
There was no elevator. My room was upstairs and I had two heavy suitcases.
The receptionist carried them to the top of the stairs and I had to manage to my room.
Upstairs it was like a cloud of smoke.
The whole hall stink of smoke.
The room stink of cigarette smoke.
It was twenty past eleven at night when I arrived and I was exhausted.
So I had to stay, as I had already paid the 58.50 dollars.
People were talking and shouting very loudly.
I tried to open the windows to get some fresh air.. Impossible/ the windows would not open.
The air conditioner was extremely noisy.
When I turned it off, The televisions from the other rooms were so loud that I decided to put the air condition on again, because it was better than the shouts from the TV .
When I opened the bed sheets, there was a black stain on the sheet. There were ants running on the pillow and on the floor near the bed.
The breakfast room was tiny there were four small tables. Therefore, some people had their breakfast standing.
The room itself was very old, with cracked old paint.
The lampshade fell when I tried to lit the lamp.
everything felt miserable and poor.
The bathroom , the sink and the toilet were clean.
However, when I moved the bedside table to pick my earring which had fallen, there were black dirty things on the floor.

Room Tip: If you are asthmatic or allergic to cigarette smoke, you should not step in this place; If you are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just barely acceptable. Miami is expensive and this was on the cheap side, $69 in August 2013, but you could do a lot better. Room was not very clean and the bathroom was tiny; no counter for make-up, meds, etc. The worst was the noise, though. The ventilator in our room on the first floor was apparently connected with many other rooms and it was as though we were all sleeping in the same room! the hallways and all the rooms are tiled so that everything echoes...and echoes...and echoes... I didn't even know what door to pound on to complain.
Free parking but the lot is very cramped and just waiting for a fender bender.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawton, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was a little bit skeptic at first due to the price of the room, but I just wanted a place to lay my head for the night due to the fact that it was a layover flight. The room was more than I bargained for, was clean, smelled clean, the bed was big and comfortable, shower was hot and comfortable and I did not want to get out.
If I have another layover in Miami I will definitely be coming back again.

The only cons was that the other guest walking by were really noisy and at times I would jump from my sleep but a Inn cannot be blamed for noisy guest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear C0rann,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor about your experiences at our hotel. We here at Runway Inn love seeing guests responses posted online. I am delighted to read that you found us to be a great value. We take pride in offering a great service at a reasonable price. I will inform our housekeeping staff of the good job they are doing with tidying up the rooms. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!