“Perfect.. don't listen to other sissy comments.” 5 of 5 stars

Runway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   656 East Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Perfect.. don't listen to other sissy comments.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed at Runway Inn and was perfect, they picked me up at the airport in less than 10 minutes and the hotel was nice, some people here think that for the price they are paying they will receive 5 stars... come on!! it's cheap but it's reasonably confortable, it was perfectly clean, the desk clerk was really friendly and helped me with everything I needed even with a non scheduled ride to my greyhound station next day....
I had a great night.
The only bad thing is that there's nothing nearby to buy groceries or some food and the safebox was not working... despite of that it was just perfect for the casual traveler who don't like to complain like they're paying $1000 a night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Martinique Saint-esprit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The receptionist was rude when I called to enquire.
There was no elevator. My room was upstairs and I had two heavy suitcases.
The receptionist carried them to the top of the stairs and I had to manage to my room.
Upstairs it was like a cloud of smoke.
The whole hall stink of smoke.
The room stink of cigarette smoke.
It was twenty past eleven at night when I arrived and I was exhausted.
So I had to stay, as I had already paid the 58.50 dollars.
People were talking and shouting very loudly.
I tried to open the windows to get some fresh air.. Impossible/ the windows would not open.
The air conditioner was extremely noisy.
When I turned it off, The televisions from the other rooms were so loud that I decided to put the air condition on again, because it was better than the shouts from the TV .
When I opened the bed sheets, there was a black stain on the sheet. There were ants running on the pillow and on the floor near the bed.
The breakfast room was tiny there were four small tables. Therefore, some people had their breakfast standing.
The room itself was very old, with cracked old paint.
The lampshade fell when I tried to lit the lamp.
everything felt miserable and poor.
The bathroom , the sink and the toilet were clean.
However, when I moved the bedside table to pick my earring which had fallen, there were black dirty things on the floor.

Room Tip: If you are asthmatic or allergic to cigarette smoke, you should not step in this place; If you are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just barely acceptable. Miami is expensive and this was on the cheap side, $69 in August 2013, but you could do a lot better. Room was not very clean and the bathroom was tiny; no counter for make-up, meds, etc. The worst was the noise, though. The ventilator in our room on the first floor was apparently connected with many other rooms and it was as though we were all sleeping in the same room! the hallways and all the rooms are tiled so that everything echoes...and echoes...and echoes... I didn't even know what door to pound on to complain.
Free parking but the lot is very cramped and just waiting for a fender bender.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawton, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was a little bit skeptic at first due to the price of the room, but I just wanted a place to lay my head for the night due to the fact that it was a layover flight. The room was more than I bargained for, was clean, smelled clean, the bed was big and comfortable, shower was hot and comfortable and I did not want to get out.
If I have another layover in Miami I will definitely be coming back again.

The only cons was that the other guest walking by were really noisy and at times I would jump from my sleep but a Inn cannot be blamed for noisy guest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear C0rann,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor about your experiences at our hotel. We here at Runway Inn love seeing guests responses posted online. I am delighted to read that you found us to be a great value. We take pride in offering a great service at a reasonable price. I will inform our housekeeping staff of the good job they are doing with tidying up the rooms. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com
Soufriere St Lucia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had a layover for one night so stayed one night on the 7th of July in this property, the photos look nice and perhaps once it was but now it is not.
My room was dirty, the windows filthy and the room had a odor, thank God it was just one night.
Good positive thing was I have to say the staff were super friendly,
I so wanted the room to be nice, I stayed in a room left hand side of the reception just past the Ladies toilet room I think if I remember it was 141, perhaps it had a leak or something but the odor was quite horrid.
I do hope the Management can do a make over
My room had a large king bed, TV, very small toilet and shower an arm chair and small table with a plastic ice bucket and 2 plastic cups.
next to reception was a vending machine for snacks and drinks.

We took a taxi( thanks to the receptionist) with My Daughter to I think they call it Bay side about 20 minutes by Taxi where you can have a selection of good restaurants

Breakfast was Ok.

The hotel bus picked me up at 8.30 (thank God it was one time) I waited outside where a small sofa was next to a palm tree.

Perhaps the owners will pump a few $ into the property to make it what it once was

Room Tip: do not select a down stairs room as we could not sleep with the people upstairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Basic but clean and friendly. My room was small but comfortable.Small bathroom with ample towels. Complimentary airport shuttle (wait little longer than it should be), free continental breakfast and adequate WIFI. Not fancy at all, but perfect for a lay-over night at the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Dive, Ski, Travel,

Thank you very much for posting a review about your stay at the Runway Inn. Our guest feedback means so much to us, especially when it is as positive as yours. I am glad to learn that you were able to take advantage of the amenities we have to offer to our guests. Our complimentary breakfast and airport shuttle service are in place to start our guests travel morning off the right way. On behalf of our management team I would like to thank you again for the review, and it would be a pleasure having you as a guest again.

Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had a forced layover in Miami. We took a chance and stayed at a place we'd never heard of. The shuttle driver was awesome. Extremely helpful and empathic to our situation. Price of place was reasonable. Staff was in the middle of shift change. Kind of distracted. Said they would give us a wake up call, but never called our room. Lobby of the hotel looks like in the photo. Our room, however, did not please me at all. Within, 2 minutes I was greeted by a roach. The room smelled damp, and musky. I felt gross being in there. Slept well. Woke ourselves up, because of the failed wake up call. Left. Won't come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!