“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Lawton, Oklahoma, United States
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was a little bit skeptic at first due to the price of the room, but I just wanted a place to lay my head for the night due to the fact that it was a layover flight. The room was more than I bargained for, was clean, smelled clean, the bed was big and comfortable, shower was hot and comfortable and I did not want to get out.
If I have another layover in Miami I will definitely be coming back again.

The only cons was that the other guest walking by were really noisy and at times I would jump from my sleep but a Inn cannot be blamed for noisy guest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear C0rann,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor about your experiences at our hotel. We here at Runway Inn love seeing guests responses posted online. I am delighted to read that you found us to be a great value. We take pride in offering a great service at a reasonable price. I will inform our housekeeping staff of the good job they are doing with tidying up the rooms. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Joseph Katz
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Soufriere St Lucia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had a layover for one night so stayed one night on the 7th of July in this property, the photos look nice and perhaps once it was but now it is not.
My room was dirty, the windows filthy and the room had a odor, thank God it was just one night.
Good positive thing was I have to say the staff were super friendly,
I so wanted the room to be nice, I stayed in a room left hand side of the reception just past the Ladies toilet room I think if I remember it was 141, perhaps it had a leak or something but the odor was quite horrid.
I do hope the Management can do a make over
My room had a large king bed, TV, very small toilet and shower an arm chair and small table with a plastic ice bucket and 2 plastic cups.
next to reception was a vending machine for snacks and drinks.

We took a taxi( thanks to the receptionist) with My Daughter to I think they call it Bay side about 20 minutes by Taxi where you can have a selection of good restaurants

Breakfast was Ok.

The hotel bus picked me up at 8.30 (thank God it was one time) I waited outside where a small sofa was next to a palm tree.

Perhaps the owners will pump a few $ into the property to make it what it once was

Room Tip: do not select a down stairs room as we could not sleep with the people upstairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Basic but clean and friendly. My room was small but comfortable.Small bathroom with ample towels. Complimentary airport shuttle (wait little longer than it should be), free continental breakfast and adequate WIFI. Not fancy at all, but perfect for a lay-over night at the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Dive, Ski, Travel,

Thank you very much for posting a review about your stay at the Runway Inn. Our guest feedback means so much to us, especially when it is as positive as yours. I am glad to learn that you were able to take advantage of the amenities we have to offer to our guests. Our complimentary breakfast and airport shuttle service are in place to start our guests travel morning off the right way. On behalf of our management team I would like to thank you again for the review, and it would be a pleasure having you as a guest again.

Joseph Katz
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had a forced layover in Miami. We took a chance and stayed at a place we'd never heard of. The shuttle driver was awesome. Extremely helpful and empathic to our situation. Price of place was reasonable. Staff was in the middle of shift change. Kind of distracted. Said they would give us a wake up call, but never called our room. Lobby of the hotel looks like in the photo. Our room, however, did not please me at all. Within, 2 minutes I was greeted by a roach. The room smelled damp, and musky. I felt gross being in there. Slept well. Woke ourselves up, because of the failed wake up call. Left. Won't come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Newquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

After reading many less-than-complimentary reviews, we arrived the at the Runway Inn during a stopover to Belize with trepidation and were pleasantly surprised. Huge, clean, comfortable bed, adequate TV, great air conditioning unit, small but clean bathroom and very useful wifi. Their customer service is a bit lacking but there's a McDonald's, a Subway and a garage shop for nibbles up the road.
Earplugs are useful because it's a stopover hotel - we did hear people walking up and down the corridor a couple of times.
We had to wait 40 mins outside arrivals for the shuttle service but it's clearly marked - hundreds of Sheraton, Hilton, Holiday Inn buses seemed to pass before ours. Shuttles back to the airport are at fixed times to allow for departure planning. We are about to head down for the complimentary continental breakfast......who knows?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Loulabelleh,

The staff and management at the Runway Inn would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the amenities we offer to our guests. It also pleases me to hear that you found your room to be comfortable and cozy. As for the shuttle service, we take pride in transporting our guests in a timely manner to and from the airport so I will speak with the drivers about this mishap. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit to the Runway Inn.

Warmest Regards,
Breda
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here 1 night after our flight into Miami. Beforehand, we were surprised that the prices of hotels around the airport of Miami are more expensive then say at LAX.
Positive points of our stay:
- we were picked up from the airport after calling the complementary shuttle service.
- there was complementary breakfast (cornflakes, bagels)
- Friendly staff at the reception.
- Airco worked good in the room.

Negative points during our stay:
- long wait for the shuttle bus to arrive at the airport (50 min. wait and the hotel is less then 10 min. away).
- dirty room (floor not cleaned, sheets with stains on the bed).
- Room needs to be renewed (now very old and stained carpet, old curtains, cracks and loose fittings in the bathroom).
- Staff in the breakfast area was unfriendly.

Room Tip: Considering staying at MIA? Spend a little more and be happy with you room at another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marieke1980,

Thank you for your recent review of Runway Inn on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion you experienced some issues. Your comments are very important to us. I will address the lapses in service you described with the department managers and take corrective measures to ensure these incidents do not repeat themselves. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.

Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We arrived at the motel in the evening after a long flight, room and towels were clean, breakfast was great and was a great choice, no cockroaches on room. A major problem is the shuttle bus, which is poorly marked and small. In the morning we left again to another location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Cecilia C

The staff and management at Runway Inn would like to thank you for posting a review. I am glad to hear of the cleanliness of your room. Our housekeepers work diligently everyday to ensure that each room is prepared to the guests liking. I am sorry the shuttle bus was not accommodating, please accept my apology. Thank you again and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Director of Customer Service

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!