“Small rooms, great price, nice bathrooms, ok rooms, strange location at night.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Runway Inn

Save Saved
You added Runway Inn to your Saves list
Runway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   656 East Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Asked to see a room upon arrival, was shown room 208 which wasn't bad. The room was small, the bathroom nice (tile and stand up glass shower), the ac was cold, flat screen tv, the linens were clean, the room didn't smell, the walls had a few scratches and dings, the closet was a little funky, overall the room was ok. The guy who checked me in on the night of 12/27/2012 was nice and answered all my questions. The parking lot is a little scary I think putting up some taller fencing would add more privacy and security. Fridge and microwave were not in the room but I was only sleeping overnight so that did not affect me. I don't see myself staying in that area anytime soon but if I did I would stay there again, especially if they added that talk fence around the parking area.

542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, arriving in Miami late in the evening and needing a place to stay for the night until we picked up our car the next day. There is a shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel but the system is a bit weird, aka there is no system. You just stand outside the airport with loads of other tired tourists waiting and looking for a bus with the name of your hotel. So be prepared to wait..

Anyhow, the hotel is ok, you get what you pay for. The main thing: it's clean, it's cheap and close to MIA. BUT: bring earplugs as there are many sounds, from doors closing and ventilation. Would I stay there again? Yes. Cause it's clean and cheap.

Miami Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We were apalled by the site of the hotel. Very different from what we saw on the internet. we have decided that we will never book any hotels online. We will go directly to the hotel website. This motel was very old, dirty and in a bad area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

For a layover, don't think the Runway can be beat in terms of price. Interiors are a bit dated, but checkin is efficient, rooms are well equipped and the place is clean. Sure you could find something better, but at at least twice the price.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I originally booked this hotel because I needed to be close to the airport and I did not want to spend too much. I read some really negative reviews and got worried but when I got there I realized that those were extremely biased or the hotel has really improved since then.

I stayed in the second floor..a room facing the parking lot...very close to the emergency exit.

Pros:

Good location...only 10 usd away from MIA by cab or you can call them for their shuttle.

Free parking lot in case you rent a car or come with your own.

The front desk receives small packages you might need shipped there before you arrive.

The rooms are clean and they are cleaned each day.

There is an atm machine in the lobby in case you need it.

Free wifi and the tv has enough channels.

The staff is nice and helpful.

Breakfast included...nothing fancy but it is there in case you need it. There is a gas station half a block away...a burger king 4 blocks away and a subway 4 blocks away. The bus stop for dolphin mall is 4 blocks away.

Cons:

No fridge in the room. Storing food in your room is not possible.

The shower is small..you may not be used to it.

Sometimes you can hear people next door shutting doors or people moving in the hall. Not too loud but not inaudible either. It is an old building.

********************

All in all I would recommend this place. Don't expect luxury but don't assume it is going to be bad because it is not luxurious.

• Stayed December 2012
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our room, with no window, was small and the heating was controlled elsewhere. All night it was either too hot or too cold. The fellow at the front desk appeared to be on some really great drugs when he was checking us in. We were really concerned about bedbugs by the time we got into the room, but fortunately none seen. Mattress was really old...yuck!
The shuttle pick up at the airport took forever even after we called. It went past up three times that we saw, apparently already full with other passengers. The shuttle to the cruise line was at 10 am, even though we had been asked by our cruiseline to not show up before 1:30pm. No chance of a different time according to the front desk.
We were up all night as the corridor outside our room was tiled and people were running up and down talking and yelling all night. We could hear suitcases being rumbled by on the tiles and it sounded like it was right in our room with us. Very loud!! At one point someone even came and knocked on our door at about 4 am.
Really not worth saving a bit of money by staying here before our cruise. Seems to be in a bad neighbourhood and if I were by myself I would have left as the lobby was rundown looking and the front desk guy was high. Had to carry our suitcases upstairs as there isn't an elevator too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jamaica, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

the images is false on the website is not what you see when you get here, the room small like pollution.....its too small for one person. The bathroom is too small. There no place to put your belongings or suite case. The paint is peeling off the All you hear is People yelling , slamming doors and blaring TV'S all night.There is no microwave, no iron or iron board in the room the rooms to small an not enough hangers, ....I would not recommend you stay at this hotel...The hallway is horrible....an there no nice image when you look out the window.....i will never stay here again....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!