“Convinient basic hotel for overnight close to MIA airport” 4 of 5 stars

Runway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   656 East Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Rosario, Argentina
“Convinient basic hotel for overnight close to MIA airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is a good choice for a short stay close to the airport. My room was small but very clean (ceramic floor helped a lot although a carpet flooring would provide a better look), the bathroom was totally renewed and everything there worked fine. Breakfast (included in price) although very simple is ok. Reception staff very polite as well as Airport shuttle drivers. Considering I paid a total of $ 63 for the night including free airport shuttle, free wi-fi Internet and free beakfast (the lowest price I could get) this hotel really deserves to be recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear RAULROSARINO,

Thank you for your recent review of Runway Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I am delighted to read that you found the hotel to be a great value. Other hotels in the area charge for shuttles, Wi-Fi and breakfast. Since we value our guest’s loyalty we offer these services complimentary. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

NEVER STAY AT THIS DIVE! FULL OF ANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in.. in my entire life.!!!! I am a simple person who doesnt need fancy things just a clean room & bed.

The area around this hotel is pretty sketchy and people werent kidding when in their review when they said the view from their room was homeless people.

I had to pay 23$ extra to get a 2 doubles so I didnt have to sleep with my mother. That was kind of annoying. When we got into our room I felt uneasy, the bathroom is pretty gross, mold everywhere.

In the morning I poured myself a glass of sprite, put it down and withing minutes my glass was FULLL OF ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were so disgusted we packed up our bags in a matter of minutes and left!

I would give this a zero star rating if I could!

Room Tip: I dont think there would be a good room in the whole place!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Iheartvegas19,

Thank you for your recent review of Runway Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I wanted to take the time and apologize that you had issue during your stay. We strive to make sure all our guests are satisfied and certainly want to apologize that in your case we failed not only live up to your expectations, but the ones we set for ourselves. You can certainly rest assured that your review will be discussed with our team so that corrective actions are taken to improve our service. Thank you again and if given another try I am sure we could exceed your expectations.

Location Required
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just finished my third stay at the Runway Inn. It's truly a great value. I've stayed four nights each visit giving me good insight into the hotel.

I rent a car so the airport shuttle doesn't matter to me. There's some jet noise at the hotel but nothing that has ever bothered me.

Rooms are clean and decent. I like the rooms that look over the courtyard but you might need to stay more than one night to get one of those.

The location is awesome. It's 15 minutes to Miami Beach, 15 minutes to Coral Gables, 10 minutes to Little Havana, and there's a Pollo Tropical within walking distance. Seriously - you're in Miami. Skip the Subway, skip the McDonalds. Try the yucca and ribs at Pollo! Even better ask at the front desk for Cuban restaurant recommendations.

Honestly, you're not going to find a better value with clean, safe rooms in Miami. The Runway Inn could be charging double what they do and it would still be worth it.

Plus this is not a chain hotel. It's unique every time I visit. Scratch the surface for more than one or two nights and you'll get what I mean.

Room Tip: The earlier you check in, generally the quieter your room in my experience.
Dear Pete S,

The staff and management at Runway Inn Miami Airport North would like to thank you for writing such a glowing review about your experiences at our hotel. I am glad to read that you found the hotel to be a great value and enjoyed the location. By the same token, I am delighted to read that you found us to be a unique hotel. We pride ourselves on not being a cookie cutter hotel. This allows us to really get to know our guests on a personal level. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guests.

Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel isn't all that great, but my room was clean and certainly worth what I paid for. Also the free shuttle from/to the airport is nice to have.
Pros: low price, free shuttle, clean room (although I kinda expect a clean room and don't see why that would be a pro), free internet access and a Subway restaurant within walking distance, plus spanish speaking staff si no hablas inglés.
Cons: my room not even had a window (you may consider this a pro given the neighborhood) and it was very loud in the hallway since there is no carpet.
I would not recommend spending your honeymoon there, but it's acceptable for a night or two. If you're deaf or reasonably tired, this is a good deal. If you need to be fit for the next day or expect comfort, you may want to spend more money and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Klaus B,

The staff and management at Runway Inn Miami Airport North would like to thank you for writing a review about your experiences at our hotel. I am glad to read that you found the hotel to be a great value and you were able to utilize our free shuttle services to and from the airport. Other hotels in the area charge for this service, but since we value our guests loyalty we provide these services complimentary. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Manati, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Is an economic hotel, not too big, not a luxyry one but has comfortable and clean rooms not too big but it's good enough. It's close to the airpot and has transportation to/from miami international airport with a prior reservation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Imeth P,

The staff and management at Runway Inn Miami Airport North would like to thank you for writing a review about your experiences at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read that a guest enjoyed all the free amenities we offer at the hotel. Other hotels in the area charge for parking, breakfast and shuttle services. Since we value our guest’s loyalty we provide these services complementary. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Chenango Forks, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Everything that was described we got. The room was clean. Small but clean. Bed was nice, bathroom was small. Transportation from airport and to cruise terminal was easy and went very smooth. Would def stay again on our next cruise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Cassandra E,

The staff and management at Runway Inn Miami Airport North would like to thank you for writing a review and posting it on Trip Advisor. I am glad to read that you found us to be a great value for the price you paid. By the same token, I am glad that the shuttle services were so well received. We take pride in getting our guests to and from the airport and to the Miami Cruise Port in a timely fashion. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next visit.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Other than the chlorine/stale smell, it's not that bad! The bed was very comfy and the ac and flat screen was great to have. The bathroom needs a renovation. The front desk staff were very helpful and nice. We only waited 10 minutes for the airport shuttle both ways which was cool. Free breakfast consisted of 4 types of bagels, muffins, donuts, toast, coffee, tea, and 4 juices. I took my breakfast to my room because the space was tight to eat with everyone else. We spent our days out so all we really did was sleep have breakfast and shower. Overall, not bad at all for the price. And there is a diner down the street which is good too.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Mellostarr,

Everyone at Runway Inn Miami Airport North would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post such a flattering review of our property on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you found your room so comfortable. By the same token, I am glad that the shuttle services were so well received. We take pride in getting our guests to and from the airport and to the Miami Cruise Port in a timely fashion. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next visit.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!