“One Night Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“One Night Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed for one night before moving to a prebooked hotel for Wrestlemania 28, and I don't understand why people give this place such bad reviews.
To begin, I got off the plane, went to the help desk in the airport and asked how to get in touch with the hotel for the shuttle bus, the man at the desk was very helpful, rang them straight away and within about 2 minutes the bus had arrived (may have been a coincidence but I was happy with that after 35 hours of travelling). It was a short drive to the hotel, perhaps about 5 minutes. We were there about midday and we checked in straight away no problem even though I think check in is from 3 onwards.
The room was fine, well air conditioned, no bugs, clean linen, clean bathroom and WiFi worked excellently, so much I could even use Skype on my phone to the UK better than I could in my own home! The bed was also very comfy and the price for the stay for 2 adults was very very cheap! =]
I didn't get a chance to try the breakfast the following day as we were in a rush to get across to our next hotel, but all the staff we spoke to were very polite and helpful.

The only problem I had with the hotel was the area we were in, as it seemed quite rough and everyone we spoke to in the area such as the shops and other people all seemed to speak spanish only and just didn't seem very friendly. But the hotel itself was excellent.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear James G,

The staff and management at Runway Inn would like to thank you for letting us be a part of your vacation. I am very happy to read our hotel was so well received. I hope you enjoyed your time in Miami and attending Wrestlemania 28. It is always nice when a guest had such a wonderful time at our hotel they want to share the experience with others. Thank you again and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Do not be fooled by the picture of the lobby! This motel was the worst, scariest, and most dangerous motel we have EVER stayed at in 50 years of traveling!!!!!!!!! Our room had the metal slider lock broken off of it; so in the middle of the night, when some lunatic from the hallway was banging on our door, we were just one big shoulder-shove away from having some crazyman in our room. We had to push the cheesy sofa and cheesy recliner against the door (at 3 am) to hopefully block somebody from busting through the door.

ALL NIGHT LONG there was running.....screaming....arguing.....fighting.....etc. etc. etc. going on in the hallway. At one point, we heard a police bullhorn in the hallway. YES...a police bullhorn! At about 2 am.

We didn't sleep a wink! We laid there terrified thinking, "HOW IN THE HELL DID WE END UP HERE?!!!" Well, that answer was easy. The kiosk at the airport showed a nice picture of a pristine lobby.... there was free shuttle service from the airport...and the price was about $30 cheaper than the other motels on the kiosk. And they had an available room. So we called, took the shuttle....... but when we got to the place, we were instantly disappointed because it's located in a very ghetto-like neighborhood. It looks dangerous everywhere you look.

Look.... if you're at the airport wondering where to stay, PAY THE EXTRA $30 and stay somewhere else. Really, the Runaway is a filthy, noisy, dangerous slumhole.

I am writing this review 3 months after the fact, and we still talk about how scary it was to stay there and how we didn't sleep a wink all night long. The place should be closed down. It is just not fit to call itself a motel.

Room Tip: Find another room in another motel. Do not stay in this rat trap!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Tom A,

The staff and management are very disappointed to read that you had such an unpleasant stay at our hotel. I can ensure you that this is very far from the norm at our Inn. I am sorry to hear that rowdy guests kept you from sleeping. Was the door and lock issue raised to any staff members? We take safety very seriously at Runway Inn and would have moved you to another room. Please accept my personal apology. If given another try I am sure we can live up to your expectations.

whitemouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Beware as this hotel cancels your reservation if you don't show up by 9:00 pm. our plane was delayed 2 hours in San Jose and finally when i got to the runway inn at midnight my room had been cancelled and i had to go back to the airport. there was no help for me at the Runway Inn even when i told them that we had been on the airplane so there was no way in which i could let them know that i would be late.

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear ljanzen,

When a guest decides not to put a credit card down to guarantee a room because he or she might not make it to the hotel, we hold the room until eight pm. Most hotels like Marriott, Hilton and Holiday Inn cancel the reservation right at 6 pm without a credit card down. I am sorry that you were unable to be our guests during your visit to Miami. In the future make sure you put down a valid credit card and the room will be waiting. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night, since I was taking a flight the next morning. There was only one person checking in everybody that with the shuttle from the airport, which took some time. They were definitely not friendly or welcoming.
The room was ok. The bed was big and clean, but the bathroom was really tiny, specially the shower.
They do have a shuttle to pick you up and take to the airport, but at least going to the airport it only runs on 1 hour intervals, which I think is kind of a big gap.
Overall, I don't know if I would stay here again. I'd probably spend a little more money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear mairabu,

The staff and management at Runway Inn would like to thank you for posting a review. I am glad the shuttle services were so well received. We take pride in making sure all our transportation runs smoothly and efficiently. I am sorry the staff did not seem welcoming, please accept my apology. Thank you again and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed at the Runway Inn just overnight on a trip to St. Croix. The shuttle took a while to come get us after midnight, the front desk didn't have our reservation, and the lobby smelled like a cross between Clorox and mustiness.

The bed was very springy and the bathroom was clean but could definitely use upgrades. The WiFi didn't work the night we were there, and the morning shuttle leaves only once each hour. We had to get up 5 hours later to make it to the airport for a 9am flight (on the 7:30am shuttle). Oh, and bring your own toiletries, their freebies were highly perfumed and very astringent.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SLongcoat,

The staff and management at Runway Inn would like to thank you for posting a review. I am glad we were able to be as part of your vacation to St. Croix. I am equally delight that you found our rooms very clean. Our housekeeping staff works very hard every day ensuring all guests share your feelings. Thank you again and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Bilston, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I went for a week to Miami to goto Wrestlemania 28, and wanted a cheap but clean hotel.

When you get to airport, you find a hotel board with a phone and all the hotels 3 digit numbers on and then ring them for the shuttle pick up (which is about 10 mins).

The hotel room was nice & clean, bed was made up everyday, and towels replaced too.

The breakfast options wernt upto much (cereal/pastries/coffee & tea) as i was expecting a cooked breakfast, the staff were freindly and always willing to help, especially as my door card stopped working everyday when i got back, so the reswiped it through their computer.

But getting places if you cant drive can be a problem, as the staff dont know about the public transport system, all they kept on doing was recommeding taxis, so if you plan on using public transport do your resarch first as I did.

Bus 36 which will stop across the street from the hotel will pretty much link up with other buses and the metrorail too, bus 36B will take directly to the Dolphin Mall which is well worth the visit.

As I said the room was really nice, but no double glazing or soundproofing so ya can hear people in next rooms/walking down corridor and ya can overhead planes too, also the TV didnt have much to offer, and I couldnt connect to their built in wifi for some strange reason.

But overall not bad.

Room Tip: Do research first if you plan on using public transport
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Dear Wayne B,

The management and staff at Runway Inn would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review. I am happy you found your room so comfortable and cozy. I am equally excited that you found our staff so courteous. I will talk to the staff and making sure they have relevant information on local transportation. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

Was so tired. My wife said it looked good in pictures. She didn't know about trip advisor and my phone died so I was unable to look before we went. We got there and I know this was going to be bad.... It smelt terrible...don't touch anything. Sleep tight as the bed bugs bite. When I woke I looked out the Window to find moldy wood and rugs, cats hotel, bugs, and animal leftovers. Pics speak for themself. Unsanitary. I'd rather sleep in the airport. Cost 80/night.

• Stayed April 2012
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear TravelWarrior79,

Thank you for your recent review of Runway Inn on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. We pride ourselves on extending the best quality of service to all of our guests and ensuring that they have a most enjoyable stay. We will certainly look into the inconveniences you experienced and take corrective measures to make sure such lapses do not repeat themselves. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!