“No smell of cat's pee, no stained sheets and no bedbugs!” 4 of 5 stars

Runway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   656 East Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Brighton, United Kingdom
“No smell of cat's pee, no stained sheets and no bedbugs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I decided to read the reviews for this hotel 2 days before travelling and immediately started dreading the trip due to the huge amount of negative reviews. But when I arrived, it could have been a different hotel.
I probably have quite low expectations of a hotel, being more of a budget traveller than a cruise-taker, but there was nothing wrong with this hotel at all. I was only there for one night, to catch another flight in the morning but - the shuttle service was great (in both directions), the room was a reasonable size, the bed was comfortable, the sheets and furniture were clean (I looked very carefully), I slept well, the floor was tiled and clean (no sticky carpets), the breakfast was ok (good coffee and juice but some of the pastries were still frozen), some staff were friendly and others less so but still approachable. Some negatives - there was no plug in the bathroom and there is no room to store products in the bathroom. There is not much room around the toilet and a bigger lady than me had supposedly found it a squash, but I was fine! It was quite expensive for what it was, but for Miami it was cheap. There is nothing to do around the airport and public transport is rubbish, but it served its purpose. The area did not seem dodgy like other reviews had stated, instead, it seemed to be a residential area and therefore did not have much to do. I can imagine that if you usually go on expensive cruises this hotel could be seen as a let down but I was surprised at how good it was compared to how it had been presented here. I'm an Infection Control Nurse and was absolutely dreading the dirty sheets, bad smells, sticky carpets and bedbugs and after careful inspection I was satisfied and slept like a baby! Oh, and I did see the umteen cats at the back of the hotel the next morning having breakfast but they seemed to be under control (and happy and cared for).

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

My husband and I were just staying overnight and catching a flight the next day. When I saw our room I was stunned because we had paid $80. Bathroom was a mildewed horror, floor filthy, and one wouldn't dare open the curtains AGAIN. Who knows what loomed behind there. Shuttle was on time and the sheets were pretty clean. Wouldn't go back on a bet.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

my stay in this inn was ok. But I have several things to stay about my experience. You have no privacy the cleaning crew enter the room without knocking or annoucing themselves. The floor were horrible and stains on the pillow case and furniture. Need I say more. The staff was not very friendly. I would not recommend this Inn to anyone I know. Please read reviews before you decide to choose a place like this or any where else.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

it was a very nice hotel and i enjoyed my stay and will book it again everything wes did online no fuss no must and sent me a email on what hapen with the rooms

Room Tip: the room were quite and i enjoyed my stay
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Still itching several days later from the bed bugs. Very bad infestation. Also, when checking out the next morning, found vomit in the hallway to the continental breakfast. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

DO NOT stay here! I walked into my room, took one look at the bed and walked out. Not only did the floor look like it hadn't been vacuumed in MONTHS, but there were sticky stains on the blankets, "short & curly" hairs under the blanket and I found TWO BEDBUGS just by looking under the fitted sheet. This place should be condemned!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
claremont, california
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Other reviews stated it was an okay hotel for the $40 or $50 dollars they spent, which I would agree. However, my "search engine" charged me $140 for the night, and that was WAY overpriced for the condition of the hotel. Floor was tile, and clean. Chairs stained beyond recognition, though. We had 2 double beds in the room, no table. Bed was comfortable, and we had a good night's sleep. The bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen, and the paint was peeling off the door, and the grout was old and stained. Within walking distance are several great restaurants , although a bit expensive. Breakfast was cereal, toast and bagels, donuts, coffee. We chose the hotel because of the free shuttle to the cruise line. However, the 10:15 a.m. shuttle didn't arrive until after 12:00 noon. Whenever we would ask the clerk about the shuttle, he just said it was on it's way. If you get a great price ont Inn, it is adequate. But not at the price we paid.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!