“Very clean hotel and nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Very clean hotel and nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed here for business for three nights. Entire facility was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The only issue I had, and this is typical of most hotels now, is that I would like to have a real regular sized pillow to sleep on instead of having to figure out how to sleep comfortably on the small decorator type pillows many hotels are using now.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Lenox
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Upon staying here in December, I left a box of my belongings. When I called to get this box back, I was told it was there and they will ship this box to me, and I left a phone charger. When I asked for the phone charger the lady who could barely speak english clearly told me that my box was there but my phone charger was not. Very clearly I asked her numerous times because I wanted to make sure this box with expensive vinyl figures was there. I received the phone charger that was not there in the mail and when i called about the box now they say no no we never said we had that. Thats total bs. I have called numerous times to talk to a manager left over 7 messages and no response back. Marriott is suppose to be one of the best! I used to stay at Marriott hotels for months for business and am a GOLD member. I will never stay at another Marriott again! Also talking to my company to pull out of Marriott hotels for business

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I have recently stayed here on business for 5 nights. The hotel is very good and the restaurant on site is not bad seeing it is really a snack bar. The bed was also very comfortable, I think it was a memory foam mattress topper air on very efficient but you could not leave it on all night.

The only issue is the people who come back late at night and have no consideration for anyone else who may be sleeping. They talk very load and even shout at their friends who are at the other end of the corridor. One person cam back late at 2.00 am and tried to shut the door about 10 times, the lock some times comes across when you open the door.
Why people cannot think of other people is beyond me!

Overall the hotel is good but a bit noisy, it would be nice if it was mentioned to guests when they check in.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Very nice facility. Walking distance to a strip mall with many small restaurants nothing fancy. Better restaurants a car drive away.
No shuttle available at this location.
$70 from fort lauderdale airport.
Adjacent to sawgrass bypass, no issue with noise.
not a bad location for spot prior to a cruise out of Miami port.

• Stayed January 2014
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have stayed at this property probably 10x since Aug 2013. Very well laid out rooms, newly renovated lobby, convenient to nearby restaurants and attractions. Highly recommended.

After last night's stay (my 1st and last) at the nearby La Quinta, I was REALLY missing the comfort, breakfast, room layout and cleanliness of the Marriott.

It's worth the price! Large bathrooms with refrig and M/W. Quiet and a friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I booked four nights at the Courtyard for the duration of my stay in Miami. I looked on several travel site and saw that this Courtyard had good reviews which led me to choose this location instead of other hotels closer to Downtown. Upon arriving, I find out that there is another person with my last name who they gave my reservation to. Fortunately, they were able to call up the person and resolve it. Had to wait a couple minutes but everything was sorted out, so not a big deal. I was able to ask for a room with the courtyard view and the person checking me in was able to accommodate me.

The exterior and interior is nicely done. One of the better hotels I stayed at. The elevators were a bit slow but since I was on the second floor, I was able to take the stairs. There was an incident when the lock on the door to the stairs locked from the inside which forced me to take the elevator. I like what Courtyard dies to their lobbies. There is a pleasant seating area as well as The Bistro. There are also computers which you can use and print your boarding passes. The rooms are decently sized and I like the big bathrooms. The carpeting and wall paint nicely match and is easy on the eyes. The room I stayed in has a king sized bed and a sofa bed.

On the first night of our stay, after we came back from a night out, we come back to the bathroom light bulb out. I call housekeeping to let them know and they said they will send somebody right away. This was around 10 pm. I also noticed that there were no face or hand towels in the room. No big deal, I'll let them know when they come fix the light bulb, I thought. Come one hour later, still no one has come to fix the light. We haven't showered yet and I was eager to get out of my clothes l, shower, and sleep. So around 11, I call up housekeeping again but had to wait a few moments since they were busy. When someone got to the phone, they told me that there was only one person working and he's occupied with fixing another room and that the would be over to my room right after that. I also informed them about the missing towels. 10 minutes later, housekeeping shows up with my missing towels and security with the wrong light bulbs (they thought it was the wash area outside of the bathroom which had the lights out. They told me that they would return with the correct bulbs. Fast forward 30 minutes, we were getting very tired and decided to shower with the bathroom door open so we have lightning. It's now 1230 and no one has returned to fix the light. I come back the next day to find the light has been fixed. I was pretty ticked off about this. It is a pretty simple fix and that took them over half a day to fix and we were not provided with any status updates or follow up calls to make sure the bathroom light was fixed.

After the situation the first night, everything else was fine. I was kind of disappointed that the fitness center didn't have an exercise bike. The had elliptical and treadmill, along with a bench and free weights.

Overall, this hotel was a nice place to stay. However, given my troubles the first night, I don't know if I will come back or recommend staying at this hotel in the future. The hotel is 15 miles from downtown which could translate to 45 minute drive in traffic and paying $200 a night, I may have been better off with an alternative closer to the downtown area.

Room Tip: Get a room with courtyard view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My stay at this hotel was very good.
Good service and always a smile from the staff.
Clean and efficient this hotel is spot on with the expectation of a good courtyard.
I will stay here again, when I next get the chance.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
CourtyardMgmtML, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Lakes, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our appreciation for your comments regarding your stay at the Miami Lakes Courtyard. The staff and I are pleased to know that we provided you with excellent service, and that you are looking forward to staying with us again.

Sincerest thanks,
Orlando Amparo

Been to Courtyard Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!