“Bring Your Own Towels” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Miami Lakes
Cocoa, FL
“Bring Your Own Towels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is average and typical of the price range. It is nicely decorated with a very modern lobby. It's in a good location with quick access to main roads and stores.

The hotel suffers from the same deficiencies as most hotels in that they don't have very good soundproofing, not enough towel racks/hooks and not enough electrical outlets.

The hotel has interior hallways and any sounds such as people chatting, maids wheeling their carts, etc. echo loudly into your room. So, forget about sleeping late.

Today's traveler has several devices that need charging such as phones, iPads and laptops. Multiply that by a family of four and you quickly run out of electrical outlets. I bought a small power strip from Wal-Mart and take it on all trips which solves that issue for us but hotels need to wise up and provide more outlets.

Towels. This hotel has the worse towels I've ever seen. They're paper thin and rough. I ended up having to get extra towels just to make it through a two day stay. And, they don't provide enough racks or hooks for the towels. They end up draped over everything in the room.

Overall the stay was not bad enough to say I'll never stay here again but I might choose a different hotel next time just to see if I can find one better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardMgmtML, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Lakes, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Jedidad:

Thank you for your detailed comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Lakes. We are please that you found our property conveniently located and a good value dollar for dollar.

Your comments about the electrical outlets and towel racks are worthwhile considerations and Marriott International is always interested in knowing about suggested improvements to their room designs.

In terms of any complaints that our guests register about noise, our staff responds to those calls immediately. At Courtyard by Marriott Miami Lakes, we pride ourselves on bringing swift resolution to those complaints.

Thank you again for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Miami Lakes. We hope to serve you again soon.

Orlando A. Amparo

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hopkins, Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have stayed here several times and the staff are always friendly, the hotel clean and the Bistro convenient for good snacky food. Happy hour offers on food and drinks were available when we were there.
Had a problem with a noisy air conditioner, but the maintenance guy came quickly and stopped the rattling. Useful having the little strip mall next door, within walking distance, with supermarket, Outback and others. Not too far to drive to Miami Lakes village, with several restaurants. Plenty of free parking and free internet. Fridge and microwave in the room.
Spa out of action and pool looking a bit tired, but still very usable.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing rooms quieter than outward facing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardMgmtML, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Lakes, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so appreciative of your review of the Miami Lakes Courtyard by Marriott. The team at our property takes pride in achieving guest satisfaction. As such, it was important to receive your positive feedback regarding the high level of service that our staff was able to provide to you. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Miami Lakes!

Best regards,
Orlando Amparo
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Clean, ok price and convenient. You can walk a number of restaurants or drive to even more. Not much in this area for tourist, but great for business stays. Check in was fast and accurate. Had a walk for the elevators, but most Courtyards are like that. Room was exactly as I expected, internet worked and my car was still there the next morning...win/win.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dave,

Thank you so much for your informative review of the Miami Lakes Courtyard by Marriott. We are so pleased to see that you found our property to be a good value, offering convenience and consistency in meeting your expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Miami Lakes!

Best regards,
Orlando Amparo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Lot's of restaurant near...
Great memories
Just one bad thing : the jaccuzzi was out of order !!
The small garden is beautiful and it's a good quiet place.
Hope to go an other Time next year. Good price and à buffet with delicious meals with fresch fruits and végétales ...

• Stayed April 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I spent 3 nights at the Courtyard Miami Lakes and the place was just fine! I selected this place as it was pretty close to the business I was visiting, which made it easy for me for work each day. My room was comfortable, clean and not noisy - I note that other reviewers have talked about some sort of a smell - but I did not note anything at all unusual. I enjoyed having on the first floor available an informal restaurant option, with happy hour prices from 5-8. This was quite convenient for me, when i got back too late, and walking after dark to go to nearby places to eat was not desirable. The menu selections were a bit limited, yet they were contemporary and diverse, and good quality. I had free wireless internet access which was steady and appreciated. It was not the most modern or elegant Marriott I have ever been to, but i thought it was excellent value for the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardMgmtML, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Lakes, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for posting about your recent experience in our hotel. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Our location does put us close to many businesses, as well as places to eat and shop. With easy access to main highways, we are a quick 10 to 15 minutes away from great restaurants, stadiums and shopping centers, among other attractions. We are glad you were able to enjoy our Bistro. Since it’s opening after the renovation, our guests have greatly enjoyed the options they have without having to leave the hotel. With expanded breakfast alternatives, light evening fare and full bar, we have something to offer to everyone.
We do hope we have the opportunity to be your host in the future, should your travels bring you to the Miami Lakes area once more. Thank you again for your patronage!
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We spent 4 days here at the Marriott and it was a lovely. We had a queen suite and it was quite spacious We were in room 238 and had a view of the pool. The bedroom had two queen bed a living room area and a TV. There was also a TV in the other lining room area along with a fridge and microwave. The place was clean and the maids came everyday to tidy up. In the lobby was a small shop and a restaurant where you could get things to eat. The Marriot is located next to a small shopping mall where there is a grocery and Outback Steak House and other restaurants. Our stay was short but very nice. I think thats where I want to stay next time I am in Miami. It is perfect for a family.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool view. Room 238 was good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Where do I begin? Upon check-in, the staff said that they have a pool and a jacuzzi to relax in. That night we went to the "jacuzzi" and it was under construction to build a fitness room. I requested a roll-away bed over a month before our check-in when I made reservations but when I got there the claimed that they gave away their last bed to a big family that came in the night before. What was the point of making a reservation for the bed then? The light went out in our bathroom. There was a woman that was screaming profanities at 1:30am in the morning in the hallway that woke everyone up. Security let us in through the "secured" card key entrance without even checking if we had a card to get in. We called front desk to see if there was complimentary breakfast and the guy was rude and was quick to say "umm no." When I checked my bank they charged me $50.00 over my bill, which was for incidentals, but would have been nice if they would have told me they were doing this. They also charged me an extra $3.50 because the maid claimed that we took one of the water bottles that was there. WHICH IS NOT TRUE! We bought our own water bottles when we went out because who would pay $3.50 for a small bottle of water? This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I DO NOT advise staying here. It is WAAAY over-priced for what you get.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!