“My last stay at this hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Saint Augustine, Florida
“My last stay at this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This may sound petty but today was my last stay at the Courtyard Miami Lakes. I found out this morning that this hotel no longer provides complementary coffee to its guest in the morning. They did however offer this service for the last four mornings this week. I was offered the option of making my own coffee in the disgusting little one cup coffee maker in my room or paying a premium for the Starbucks coffee at the bistro. Petty? Well yes, maybe, but I payed over $900 for my 4 night visit this week and bought water at $2 a bottle because I arrived late when I checked in. The wonderful lady at the front desk was quite embarrassed when she explained the new "corporate" policy to me and I made sure she knew my displeasure was not directed toward her. She suggested I write the corporate office but what do the care. It was their policy to squeeze a few more dollars out of me, surely they can't be wrong!

Hello Mr Hilton my name is David and I'm happy to give you my 90 plus nights that J. W. got last year! Oh, and thanks for the cup of coffee.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fernandina Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Miami Lakes for business and thus is my preferred hotel in Miami Lakes. There is a wonderful bistro andcwine service as well as outdoor space. Super friendly staff and clean accomodations will keep me coming back!

• Stayed January 2013
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Went to Miami for a cruise and stayed at this Motel. What a places. The Staff and Management were so Professional and helpful to my stay, especially "Ady and Charley". I'll stay their again and tell everybody I know "What a PLACE".

Room Tip: Any room works!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
CourtyardMgmtML, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Lakes, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that your experience was so enjoyable. Our staff is always happy to help and go the extra mile to make our guests feel at home. We hope to see you again soon.
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The staff and management at the Courtyard Miami Lakes is efficient, very friendly, and guest oriented. The room was clean and fresh, like you would expect from a Marriott Brand. The check in was lightning quick. The in lobby restaurant served good quality food, and the restaurant staff was very attentive.

The location is ideal - mid way between Ft Lauderdale and Miami, and close to I-75 that connects to Naples.

I had to change my reservation dates twice, and the hotel staff was incredibly accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard facing rooms. The windows open to allow fresh air, and the courtyard facing rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Miami Lakes. Our goal is to always provide our guests with the best experience possible and make them feel welcomed. We are happy to say that the Bistro has been a success and our customers are always giving us positive feedback about it and our staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed here last week on the way to a cruise. Arrived late and was treated well by the staff. The woman told me that she had a room with a beautiful view of the pool and that I should park around back to be closest to the door. This is considered a safe area and I was a little uncomfortable parking back there but did anyway based on the direction I received. The next morning I found my front passenger window cracked all the way across. There was an officer in the parking lot and she told me that another vehicle had their window smashed completely. The only thing that kept mine intact was the tint. I was very upset and there was a big sign that I was parking at my own risk. That mistake cost me $300+ dollars that I wish I'd spent on a better hotel with a private lot.

The hotel was clean and perfunctory but nothing special. The beds were the consistency of old sponge mattresses and definitely not what you would normally find in a Marriott. Overall, this was average based on cleanliness and hotel staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the front!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us not being as pleasant as expected. We always direct our guests to park closest to the entrance that is nearest to their room, so it’s more comfortable for them to go in and out from their car. Our parking lot is not gated, but we do have a security guard during the night patrolling the hotel and the lot. Because of your situation during your stay we are restructuring our security hours and personnel so that this can be avoided in the future. Again, we are sorry that this occurred and hope that we get another opportunity to have you stay with us.
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

What a great place! The outside is nicely landscaped, beautiful grounds, palm trees, very inviting. The lobby as well is well decorated, well lit, very pretty, and clean. They serve free Starbucks coffee until probably noon time. There a 2 computers to use in the lobby with great large screens, comfortable chairs, a printer, tape, pens, paperclips-super!! Free newspapers. The rooms are super clean, tidy, neat. The bed was a little firm, big firm pillows as well. There is no refridgerator in the room, which would certainly add to this review. Quiet for sleeping.There are quite a few shops very close by, restaurants, ( try Einstein Brothers Bagels EXCELLENT!!!!), pharmacy, gas.Polite service too.
Unfortunately not close to the beaches, or downtown Miami, South Beach, etc, about 1 hour drive away. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We’re very proud of how our renovation came out and are happy to say many of our guests are extremely pleased as well. Positive feedback like yours is always appreciated and lets us know that we’re doing a good job at maintaining it for our guests. We do serve our complimentary Barista Bold Blend coffee in the lobby until 10:00am and we have Starbucks for purchase all day. Although as you say we are further away from Miami Beach and Downtown, we are close to many attractions like major shopping and outlet malls like Sawgrass Mills Mall and Shops at Pembroke Gardens, Sun Life Stadium, Calder Race Track and Casino, among others. Our staff will be more than happy to see you stay with us so we can once again make your stay an enjoyable one.
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I am a regular at this hotel and I stay there by choice. First this hotel is in the location where I need to be. But, what keeps me coming back is the front desk and Bistro staff. They are friendly, courteous and I always feel welcome by them. True that I’m a regular and they already personally know me, but I see them treating everyone that walks through the front door the same.
They always exceed the norm, and I like that.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior, where the windows face the Courtyard are better. This location borders a scho...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardMgmtML, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Lakes, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about the Courtyard Marriott in Miami Lakes. It’s always a pleasure to hear back from our guests, but even more so from one of our regulars. We take great pride in giving our guests the best experience possible and providing them with exceptional service that surpasses their expectations. As with you, we want to make them feel welcomed every time they return and show them the Marriott excellent service standards for which we are known for. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

Once more, thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Been to Courtyard Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!