“Check in staff on a power trip” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Seattle, Washington
“Check in staff on a power trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I arrived about 215PM on a Sunday and was immediately told by a rather rude lady that I was early and she would have to see if there was a room for early checking. After speaking Spanish on the phone in front of me, she informs me it would be after 3 for a room. It was just the way she is telling me, that felt like she was enjoying it.
I sat in the lobby until the football game hit half time, about 25 minutes. I then walked over to the desk and asked of a room had opened up. She immediately said without even checking, I told you it would be an hour. I said no, you said after 3, but I thought I would ask since it had been 25 minutes. All this time I am trying to be pleasant.
I went out to the car, called up the Marriott app on my phone and found another Courtyard 10 minutes away and made a new reservations and cancelled the one at this hotel.
I left, never to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardMgmtML, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Lakes, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you providing us with feedback concerning your recent experience with our hotel. While we always do our best to accommodate arrivals prior to check in time which is 3:00pm, there are times when our occupancy doesn’t allow us to expedite room turnover as quickly as we would like to. Unfortunately the weekend you had reservations with us we were full and there were no rooms available when you arrived. We understand that our guest services representative speaking Spanish over the phone made you uncomfortable and I apologize that it did. However the housekeeper who was to clean the room you were checking into speaks Spanish as her first language. Our agent was confirming with her with when the room would be ready.

We always appreciate any comments that can help us to continuously improve on customer service. Our goal is to always exceed our guest’s expectations. Once more, thank you for your feedback. We hope we have another opportunity to better showcase this.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Depending on where you are looking to spend your time, the location may or may not be ideal. It is far west, so was a bit of a drive to get to either the beach or up towards Ft Lauderdale. There is also not too much by the hotel (a small strip mall with a Winn Dixie and an Outback Steakhouse). It was clean and quiet, but the internet was a bit spotty, which made working difficult. Nothing was above and beyond, it was pretty much just status quo. No great amenities (although most Courtyards don't nowadays). I'd look for a different hotel before coming back here unless you were going somewhere very close by. It did have easy highway access though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking time to post your feedback about our property. Our hotel is conveniently located just off 826, with quick connections to mayor highways that provide you with easy access to many attractions. We are on the north end of the Miami Dade County, about 15 miles from Miami International Airport and about 20 from Fort Lauderdale International Airport. Although many of our guests are corporate clients from many of neighboring business, we do have many attractive features for the leisure guest. While we are further away from Miami Beach, we are close to many attractions that are 10 to 15 miles or less away. There are many malls like Shops at Pembroke Gardens, Pembroke Lakes Mall, Dolphin Mall and Miami International Mall. We are also close to the Calder Casino and Race Track, Sun Life Stadium and Main Street on Miami Lakes, which feature many shops and restaurants like Chili’s, Ruby Tuesday, On the Border among other local places.
Regina SK in Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here because my client has special rates, and have stayed here for the same reason on and off for the last 8 years.

The hotel is "satisfactory" at best. Not particularly comfortable bedding (very thin blanket, and dumpy pillows, although not lumpy like some other places)

From a business perspective, their internet connection speed is intolerable. Speedtest.net measured it at 0.16 Kpbs...about a third the speed of dial-up. Front desk said that they hadn't had any complaints but that they just put wireless in a month or so ago and were probably still trying to "get it right". No wired option in the room. It's a deal-killer for anyone who relies on after hours connection for their livelihood.

On the flip side. Staff is extremely personable. Dining options are not much more than deli fare, but passable. Rooms are clean.

I'll stay somewhere else next time even faced with a far longer commute.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardMgmtML, Manager at Courtyard Miami Lakes, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your experience with our hotel. As part of our recent renovation we upgraded the Internet service and installed wireless in the rooms. We increased the speed of connection to be more than that of the wired Internet we previously had, making it more efficient. Our guests have welcomed this changed with very positive feedback. With today’s preferences for gadgets like tablets for work, this transition to wireless has been received with praises. It is unfortunate that your stay with us was during a time when the kinks were being worked out.

You might be interested in knowing that the next phase for our rooms during this following year is to install new mattresses. We hope that your have the opportunity to experience us after this stage so that we can provide you with a new perspective of our hotel.

I am pleased that you found our staff to give personable service. This service culture is part of what makes Marriott a leader in the industry and something we always strive for. We like to make sure that all of our guests feel at home, more so since many of them, like you, are frequent ones.

Again, thank you for your feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

It was nice,clean and quiet! I loved the breakfast. Will be staying there again. For next year. We,ve stayed here multiple times and after getting robbed at the El Palacio it was refreshing to go somewhere that we felt safe!

• Stayed September 2011
CourtyardMgmtML, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Lakes, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
We appreciate you reviewing our hotel for your stay with us. We take pride in providing our guests with exceptional service that allows them to feel welcomed every time they return. The renovation we underwent brought with it The Bistro, which provides great choices for both breakfast and dinner. I am pleased you were able to enjoy the food here.

Once more, thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
West Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here, it was close to Winn Dixie, resturants and the interstate. It was very clean and quite, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would recomend if staying in Miami, will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

GOod hotel for the price would appreciate more attention from the front desk she didn't even tell me her name

• Stayed June 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Nice room, great new lobby, friendly staff.
Actually the people here are what keeps me coming back. They are great!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Courtyard Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!