“Have not and will not return” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 41 Restaurants in Miami Lakes
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
“Have not and will not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Food is good...but pricey.. too pricey for too little and service poor. It is a shame because I have been to other Carraba's with good service. Bonefish Grill in Weston off I75 has good food, great atmosphere and better service. I would rather drive a little farther and spend my money on a place that warmly welcomes me and treats me well.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Always a good experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was surprised to read the terrible reviews about this Carabba's in Miami Lakes. We always sit at the bar, get great service and enjoy the food. No, it's not gourmet dining, it's a chain. But the food is consistent, the restaurant is clean and we've always had great service at the bar!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami Lakes, Florida
“Rude hostess with a bad manager = why is one of the worst restaurants in Miami Lakes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Were to begin?
Rude hostess taking our utensils away while telling us we are moving to accommodate a large group. Then the table is left unoccupied for over 20 minutes.
2 servers who couldn't get it right
Umbrella left during the move to another table and instead of bringing it to us they put it in the lost and found. I guess it was too much work.
Manager? He isn't typical of the Carraba's manager. As he put it "I won't bother".
Stay away and maybe this location will close but hopefully new management and new staff will help.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Avoid this restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My family and I loved this restaurant. In fact it was one of our favorites. I rated it a 4 back in the days over on yelp, and today rated it a 1. You cannot find this restaurant over yelp anymore for some reason. The service has been going down hill for a few months now. Today was the final draw. My family and I go in and are seated. We sit for 15 minutes not a single waiter stopped by to ask what we would like to drink. They were running around catering to the larger groups of 5 or more. We weren't the only customers with the same service, the couple next to us were upset too, sitting without a refill for the same amount of time we were sitting without any service. We decided to go elsewhere. Manager was flirting with the hostess from a far. Very bad service, very young inexperienced waiters. We won't be coming back to this location. You have been warned.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Very disappointing at lunchtime.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Pro: convenient to Highway I-75
Delicious Zucchini Fries

Con: World’s smallest single serve pizza
Bland tasting food.

We eagerly visited this restaurant to use the Gift Card we had received. We will never return on our own dime.

The menu that appears online is only the dinner menu, although nothing on the website says that. We made our selections from the mouth-watering descriptions online. However at the restaurant we found that only a handful of the items are available at lunch.

We ordered the Tomatoes Caprese appetizer to share. The waiter failed to bring a second plate so we were forced to both eat out of the same plate.

The appetizer itself was disappointing. A lump of mozzarella centered the plate. The heirloom tomatoes were sliced so thinly that they were difficult to pick up with a fork. The entire appetizer reminded me of cotton candy. It disappeared in our mouths at the slightest touch.

My wife’s favorite pizza is the Margherita pizza. She ordered the “individual size” Margherita pizza. She received the smallest individual size pizza we have ever seen. It measured 5 ½ inches across. It was totally lost on the plate.

Thin cracker-style crust was layered with the tomato on the bottom and the mozzarella on top causing everything to slide off the pizza slices. Totally unsatisfying.

We questioned the waiter about the tiny size of the pizza. He told us it was the kids’ size pizza. He also admitted that he forgot to warn us about the small size when we placed our order.

Fortunately the pizza came with a side salad of substantial size. Perhaps the menu should read “salad with a sample-size pizza.”

I ordered the Chicken Parmesan Panini with Zucchini Fries. The Panini was dry and tasteless. The Zucchini Fries were light and delicious!

The driving directions we received were rather vague. Know that this restaurant is at the very far left end of the group of stores, past the supermarket.

My suggestion is to skip this place for lunch. It was nearly empty so perhaps the locals already know that.

Maybe dinner is better, but we won’t visit again to find out.

The much maligned Olive Garden is far better than this place.

As my Italian grandmother would have said, “Che delusione.”

• Visited April 2013