“Avoid this restaurant” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
“Avoid this restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My family and I loved this restaurant. In fact it was one of our favorites. I rated it a 4 back in the days over on yelp, and today rated it a 1. You cannot find this restaurant over yelp anymore for some reason. The service has been going down hill for a few months now. Today was the final draw. My family and I go in and are seated. We sit for 15 minutes not a single waiter stopped by to ask what we would like to drink. They were running around catering to the larger groups of 5 or more. We weren't the only customers with the same service, the couple next to us were upset too, sitting without a refill for the same amount of time we were sitting without any service. We decided to go elsewhere. Manager was flirting with the hostess from a far. Very bad service, very young inexperienced waiters. We won't be coming back to this location. You have been warned.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Very disappointing at lunchtime.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Pro: convenient to Highway I-75
Delicious Zucchini Fries

Con: World’s smallest single serve pizza
Bland tasting food.

We eagerly visited this restaurant to use the Gift Card we had received. We will never return on our own dime.

The menu that appears online is only the dinner menu, although nothing on the website says that. We made our selections from the mouth-watering descriptions online. However at the restaurant we found that only a handful of the items are available at lunch.

We ordered the Tomatoes Caprese appetizer to share. The waiter failed to bring a second plate so we were forced to both eat out of the same plate.

The appetizer itself was disappointing. A lump of mozzarella centered the plate. The heirloom tomatoes were sliced so thinly that they were difficult to pick up with a fork. The entire appetizer reminded me of cotton candy. It disappeared in our mouths at the slightest touch.

My wife’s favorite pizza is the Margherita pizza. She ordered the “individual size” Margherita pizza. She received the smallest individual size pizza we have ever seen. It measured 5 ½ inches across. It was totally lost on the plate.

Thin cracker-style crust was layered with the tomato on the bottom and the mozzarella on top causing everything to slide off the pizza slices. Totally unsatisfying.

We questioned the waiter about the tiny size of the pizza. He told us it was the kids’ size pizza. He also admitted that he forgot to warn us about the small size when we placed our order.

Fortunately the pizza came with a side salad of substantial size. Perhaps the menu should read “salad with a sample-size pizza.”

I ordered the Chicken Parmesan Panini with Zucchini Fries. The Panini was dry and tasteless. The Zucchini Fries were light and delicious!

The driving directions we received were rather vague. Know that this restaurant is at the very far left end of the group of stores, past the supermarket.

My suggestion is to skip this place for lunch. It was nearly empty so perhaps the locals already know that.

Maybe dinner is better, but we won’t visit again to find out.

The much maligned Olive Garden is far better than this place.

As my Italian grandmother would have said, “Che delusione.”

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Better then you think”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a very cozy rest. Located just off 75 on Miami Gardena Drive. Service is great, food is very good, when they have the ribeye steak, there is nobody that can cook a better steak in the south.

Sit at the bar counter at the kitchen, you get to see how they prepare the fresh ingredient dishes. They (cooks) even sometimes give you some appetizers to sample while you wait.

Trust me you won't go wrong here, much superior to those other Italian chain rest. I won't name, but eat way better!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We went early Saturday evening, around 6. Hostess didn't bother to greet us, just asked how many and then walked off to go look for a table, no be right back, just a moment, etc, just walked off. Service was so-so but he took my companions water to be refill (only thing he was drinking) and never came back, we finally had to ask for it. Food was VERY disappointing. Pollo Rosa Maria that is supposed to be stuffed with prosciutto only had 2 tiny little slivers in 1 of the pieces, nothing in the other. The mussels, which I ALWAYS order as they are my favorite didn't taste right, sweetish, sticky sauce with only a very tiny amount of garlic. Men's bathroom stall lock broken so it wouldn't stay closed. The floor was just filthy next to us with crumbs and what looked like tiny pieces of torn up paper, hostess saw this and didn't bother to have anyone clean up (remember this was early). We didn't bother to complain to manager about all of above, figured there was so much wrong that it had to start with management. However, did write Corporate Carrabba's and they DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO RESPOND! I love the mussels but I can do better at home with a copycat recipe than what I got for my birthday dinner. We'll be passing on any Carrabba's from now on as apparently corporate can't be bothered either.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami
“un restaurante comun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

This place is not really Italian, its Italian American very different plus it a restaurant chain what do you expect, go to a real Italian place you will see the difference....
not bad but nothing to talk about ....

• Visited October 2011